Hostinger International ltd.
|Privately Held Company|
|Industry||Web hosting, Domain Registrar, SSL certificates|
|Founded 📆||2004 (as Hosting Media)|
|Headquarters 🏙️||Kaunas, Lithuania|
Area served 🗺️
|Arnas Stuopelis, CEO|
Number of employees
Hostinger International, Ltd. is an employee-owned web hosting provider and Internet domain registrar. The company was established in 2004 in Lithuania. It now has additional data centers in 5 other countries. Established in 2004, Hostinger now has over 29 million users, collectively with its subsidiaries in 178 countries. The company uses cloud web hosting technology and provides hosting with MySQL, FTP and PHP. Hostinger is a parent company of 000Webhost, Niagahoster and Weblink.
In March of 2015, Forbes have announced that 000Webhost had been hacked. In total, more than 13.5 million passwords, usernames, IP and email addresses were extracted in plain text. Troy Hunt, Microsoft MVP and owner of Have I Been Pwned? website had told Forbes that he’d been contacted by an anonymous source and given a database, allegedly belonging to 000Webhost. After testing a few leaked email addresses and contacting five of 000Webhost users, Hunt confirmed that the database is legitimate. Hunt also reports that 000Webhost hasn’t experienced a security breach previously.
Beta news reports that the breach happened due to an outdated security measure. A hacker uploaded malicious files through an old, unpatched version of PHP to 000Webhost’s database on their main server, this way getting the access to the the sensitive client information. After the breach, database has been on the market and available to be purchased at $2,000 for five months prior the company took action to deal with the breach.
000Webhost troubleshoot technical glitches in the system and dealt with them accordingly. The company has blocked access to their website and prevented new user registrations. During that time, 000Webhost has been put under a complete upgrade. Additionally, free web hosting provider deleted all illegally uploaded files, increased their system encryption, and generated random new passwords for their users. As Jeff Goldman of eSecurity Planet reports, CEO of 000Webhost has made a contact with law enforcement to deal with this issue on the deeper level.
Arnas Stuopelis, CEO of the company, has made many public statements in media expressing apologies for letting down wide 000Webhost community and ensuring everyone that highest security measures have taken place to protect clients’ sensitive information.
Founded in Kaunas, Lithuania, the company was originally named Hosting Media. In 2011, it changed its name to Hostinger after reaching 1 million user milestone. Back in 2007, a subsidiary 000webhost was established, providing free web hosting worldwide, and in 2008, a USA web hosting brand Hosting24 was launched with data centers in Asheville, NC, and UK. After rapid international expansion, another web hosting brand and a company was bootstrapped in Indonesia -Niagahoster.co.id, just before Hostinger International has reached 10 million user base. In 2014, Hostinger services were localized in 39 countries and a company in Brazil, together with a new brand – weblink.com.br, was established. A new data center and a company in Singapore was launched in October of the same year. In January of 2017, Hostinger has reached 29 million user base together with daughter companies.
The company currently has 4 projects under its ownership:
- 2004 - Hostinger. It is an employee-owned Lithuanian establishment based in Kaunas. The brand was renamed in 2011, before it was known as Hosting Media. The company currently provides web hosting, VPS, cloud hosting services, and domain registration.
- 2007 - 000Webhost. Established in 2007, it is the first free web hosting platform based on cloud infrastructure
- 2013 - Niagahoster. Indonesian web hosting company, launched in 2013.
- 2014 - Weblink. Web hosting brand launched in 2014, based in Brazil.
Hostinger is an ICANN accredited domain registrar since 2014
The company currently has 5 data centers around the world:
All Hostinger International servers operate a unique stack for shared hosting using complex solutions implemented under technologies such as Openresty, Apache, CloudLinux, Redis, MariaDB Forbes. Retrieved 20 July 2017.</ref>, etc. A shared hosting is fully automated and isolated. Hostinger has developed its own control panel for custom solutions.
- "Hostinger entered the web hosting market". Tamar Weiss. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "Hostinger Bootstrapped Their Company to 29 Million Users". Lori Soard. Retrieved 1 August 2017.
- "13 Million Passwords Appear To Have Leaked From This Free Web Host". Forbes. Retrieved 28 October 2015.
- "13.5 Million Customer Passwords Stolen in 000Webhost Hack". Whir. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- "000WebHost gets hacked, exposes 13 million emails and passwords". Beta News. Retrieved October 2015.
- "How Hackers Breached Two Gambling Payment Providers To Harvest 'Millions' Of Records". Forbes. Retrieved 5 November 2015.
- "13 million plaintext passwords leak from free webhosting firm". Hot For Security. Retrieved 20 October 2015.
- "Webhosting company loses 13 million plaintext passwords, says "thanks for your understanding"". Naked Security. Retrieved 30 October 2015.
- "Data Breach at Web Host Exposes 13 Million Passwords in Plain Text". eSecurity Planet. Retrieved 30 October 2015.
- "000webhost hacked, 13 million customers exposed". ZDNet. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- "These 5 companies are changing the world by empowering millions".The Huffington Post. Retrieved 3 July 2017.
- "ICANN WHOIS". Retrieved 16 June 2014.
Other articles of the topic Internet : Seedfeeder, Experts-Exchange, Spreely, Ezexzo, Single Asian Female, Baidu, Board Game Arena
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
This article "Hostinger International" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Hostinger International. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.