This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Type of site
|Alexa rank||615 (January 2019[update])|
HotNewHipHop (HNHH) is an online website featuring hip hop and R&B music, sports, and fashion news and reviews. The website was co-founded by Saro D and DJ Rockstar, and the current editor-in-chief is Rose Lilah.
Background[edit | edit source]
HotNewHipHop creates quizzes based on the day's trends in music to increase interaction with its users. In 2015, 36.38% of its traffic came from Facebook and 34.54% came from Twitter. It also features new singles, mixtapes of artists, and various music videos.
Publicity[edit | edit source]
In 2014, HotNewHipHop saw a surge in traffic after Complex's Alex Ciccimarro tapped internet personality Tune Day to host HotNewHipHop's viral "Man on the street" interview and audience-participation comedy series, Word on the Street (an ode to American TV sitcom Martin and American television personality Steve Allen of The Tonight Show). According to Complex's Alex Ciccimarro and Insanul Ahmed, "HotNewHipHop produces the hottest new rappers in the game as far as sites go. If you want a tastemaker of who's gonna be hot, it's HotNewHipHop."
References[edit | edit source]
- "hotnewhiphop.com Traffic, Demographics and Competitors". Alexa. Retrieved January 4, 2019.
- "About HNHH". HotNewHipHop. Retrieved September 24, 2016.
- "HotNewHipHop Staff". HotNewHipHop. October 3, 2018. Retrieved October 4, 2018.
- Haynam, Josh (October 2, 2015). "4 News & Media Sites Boosting Interaction With Quizzes". Business 2 Community. Archived from the original on September 24, 2016. Retrieved September 24, 2016.
- "Word On The Street: Bobby Shmurda & GS9's Arrest". HotNewHipHop. Retrieved March 17, 2019.
- "Word On The Street: Tidal". HotNewHipHop. Retrieved March 17, 2019.
- "Jay Z Fan Goes Off On Nicki Minaj & ISIS". HotNewHipHop. Retrieved March 17, 2019.
- Ciccimarro, Alex; Ahmed, Insanul (January 18, 2013). "10 Music Industry Heads Who Should Be A&Rs: DJ Ill Will". Complex. Archived from the original on September 24, 2016. Retrieved September 24, 2016.
[edit | edit source]
|This article about a music website is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "HotNewHipHop" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:HotNewHipHop. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.