Hurley Palmer Flatt
|Headquarters 🏙️||London, UK|
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
Hurley Palmer Flatt is a multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy based in London. It provides mechanical and electrical engineering consultancy and associated services. It was established in 1968 in the UK by John Hurley as a building services consultancy. It has expanded into a global company operating in Dubai, India, Australia, Singapore and the US. It engages in both public and private sector development across a variety of fields.
In 2009 Hurley Palmer Flatt acquired ATCO Consulting, expanding their reach in Scotland. In 2014 they acquired mechanical and engineering firm Andrew Reid and Partners (AR&P) and have a majority controlling share of the business.
Recently, the company acquired a majority share in the Civil and Structural Engineering business, Bradbrook Consulting. Bradbrook have UK based offices in London, Kingston, Watford, and Manchester and also in Dubai.
In 2019 the company was acquired by HDR Inc.
In 2016, the company moved its central London office to 240 Blackfriars at the South Bank Tower on a 10-year lease as part of its expansion plan.
In 2015 the company completed the refurbishment of the award-winning 195-197 King’s Road in Chelsea for Martins Properties. The company was appointed by Henry Boot Developments to work on the Aberdeen Exhibition And Conference Centre Energy Centre.
Hurley Palmer Flatt were appointed to work on the renovation of the Weston Library at Oxford University, which was shortlisted for the 2016 Stirling Prize. They previously were the mechanical & electrical consultant for the renovated Archive & Book Storage Facility at the Bodleian Library, Oxford.
- Sea Containers House, UK
- Taymouth Castle, UK
- 195-197 Kings Road, UK
- Weston Library, Oxford University, UK
- Bodleian Library, Oxford University, UK
- Aberdeen Exhibition And Conference Centre Energy Centre, UK
- Singapore Changi Airport, Singapore
- New Data Centre Australian Securities Exchange, Australia
- 1 Knightsbridge JP Morgan, UK
- Croydon Data Centre Morgan Stanley, UK
- Dundee Railway Station, UK
- 10 Upper Bank Street & The Zig Zag Building, Victoria, Deutsche Bank, UK
- 131 Sloane Street Marshall Wace, UK
Awards and recognition
- Number 34 out of the Top 150 Consultants 2016 by Building.co.uk.
- View58 (58 Victoria Embankment) was Highly Commended the 2016 Property Awards in the Sustainability category.
- Nominated for the Training Initiative of the Year at the Consultancy and Engineering Awards 2016.
- Weston Library won AJ100 Building of the Year.
- Weston Library also won the RIBA National Award 2016, RIBA South Award 2016 and the RIBA South Building of the Year 2016.
- Winner in the Affordable Housing category at the Scottish Design Awards 2008 for Fyne Homes & CP Architects Gigha project in West Scotland.
- Nominated for the CIBSE Employer of the Year 2017 Award 
- "Hurleypalmerflatt acquires Glasgow consultancy". Modern Building Services. Portico Publishing Ltd. 3 February 2009.
- "Hurley Palmer Flatt acquires M&E firm". Building.co.uk. UBM. 19 September 2014. Retrieved 19 September 2016.
- "HPF acquire majority share in Bradbrook Consulting". Hurleypalmerflatt.com. HurleyPalmerFlatt. 23 November 2016. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- "Hurley Palmer Flatt Group Joins HDR". Retrieved 5 July 2019.
- Services, Modern Building. "Hurley Palmer Flatt finds new home in London". www.modbs.co.uk.
- Morby, Aaron. "Boot gets go-ahead for £333m exhibition centre". Construction Enquirer.
- "Hurleypalmerflatt to develop energy centre for Aberdeen project". Modern Building Services. Portico Publishing Ltd. 6 May 2015.
- "RIBA Awards Weston Library". Architecture.com. 2 April 2015. Retrieved 19 September 2016.
- Waite, Richard (7 October 2010). "Bodleian Libraries opens £26 million book depository". The Architects Journal. Retrieved 19 September 2016.
- Ljeh, Ike. "Bodleian library: The new edition". bdonline.co.uk.
- "Top 150 Consultants". Building.co.uk. UBM. Retrieved 19 September 2016.
- "Property Awards 2016". www.hurleypalmerflatt.com.
- "Consultancy and Engineering Awards Winners for 2016". Consultancy and Engineering Awards.
- "Weston Library named AJ100 Building of the Year". www.wilkinsoneyre.com. Retrieved 19 September 2016.
- "RIBA Awards Weston Library". www.architecture.com. Retrieved 19 September 2016.
- "Affordable homes win for hurleypalmerflatt". Urban Realm. 26 August 2008.
- 2017, CIBSE. "Employer of the Year 2017 Finalists". www.cibse.org.
This article "Hurley Palmer Flatt" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Hurley Palmer Flatt. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.