|Husain Abdul Sattar|
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
|Education||M.D, University of Chicago|
Husain Abdul Sattar M.D. is an Associate Professor of Pathology and Medical Educator most well known for the development of Pathoma, a highly popular online educational course and textbook designed to teach the fundamentals of pathology. 
Dr. Sattar is a Surgical Pathologist with a focus on breast and gynaecological pathology, and is currently board certified in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology. Dr. Sattar is also an Associate Professor of Pathology and the associate director of the clinical pathophysiology and therapeutics course at the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine. Dr. Sattar is recognized by students and peers for his excellence as an educator at the Pritzker School of Medicine. He is a regular recipient of teaching awards, including the Outstanding Basic Science Teaching Award, pre-clinical teaching awards, and the Favorite Faculty Award. He has also authored several published research articles and abstracts in peer-reviewed medical journals.
Dr. Sattar is most popularly known for his series Pathoma, a pathology lecture series used widely by medical students which, along with the Goljan pathology lecture series, is one of the most widely used pathology resources used by medical students studying for the USMLE and COMLEX. It is often cited as an example in the rise of an "alternative" self-directed medical curriculum used by medical students as an adjunct, or even, instead of the traditional curriculum provided by medical schools.
Dr. Sattar is also an Islamic instructor, teaching at Sacred Learning Masjid, with formal training in Hanafi jurisprudence and Tasawuf.
- USMLE Step 1
- Medical education in the United States
- "Dr. Husain A. Sattar | Pathoma". www.pathoma.com. Retrieved 2019-08-17.
- "UChicago Medicine". www.uchicagomedicine.org. Retrieved 2019-11-20.
- "Husain Sattar, MD — UChicago Medicine". www.uchicagomedicine.org. Retrieved 2019-08-17.
- O’Hanlon, Robin; Laynor, Gregory (2019). "Responding to a new generation of proprietary study resources in medical education". Journal of the Medical Library Association. 107 (2). doi:10.5195/jmla.2019.619. ISSN 1558-9439.
- Gamlin, Ryan (2017). "Build or Buy? Curricular Design and External Basic Sciences Learning Resources". Academic Medicine. 92 (4): 430. doi:10.1097/ACM.0000000000001597. ISSN 1040-2446.
- "Confessions of a 'High-Yield' Doctor". www.medscape.com. Retrieved 2019-11-21.
- "Sacred Learning". www.sacredlearning.org/shaykh-husain-abdul-sattar/. Retrieved 2019-11-20.
This article "Husain Sattar" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Husain Sattar. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.