IEEE Technology and Engineering Management Society
|Predecessor||IEEE Technology Management Council|
|Type||Non-profit professional organization|
|Products||Publications and conferences on leadership and management|
Immediate Past President
|Michael W. Condry|
|Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers|
The IEEE Technology and Engineering Management Society (TEMS) was formerly one of seven Councils of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). The Council became the IEEE Technology Engineering and Management Society (TEMS) as of 1 January 2015.
The Professional Group on Engineering Management was established under the Institute of Radio Engineers in 1951. This group became the Engineering Management Society (EMS) of the IEEE in 1955. In 2007 this became the IEEE Technology Management Council (TMC) and in January 2015 the Technology Engineering and Management Society.
Field of interest
The field of interest encompasses the management sciences and practices required for defining, implementing, and managing engineering and technology.
The society publishes two peer-reviewed journals: the IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management and the IEEE Engineering Management Review. Society also publishes a popular newsletter and magazine, IEEE Leader, that discusses issues ranging from education to entrepreneurship.
The society is governed by an Administrative Committee consisting of officers and members, most of whom are elected by the membership. In addition, the society has Technical Committees dealing with the major management issues.
- Malkinson, Terrance (30 March 2015). "World Bytes: Technology and Engineering Management". IEEE-USA InSight. Retrieved 13 August 2020.
- "IEEE Technology and Engineering Management Society - Engineering and Technology History Wiki". ethw.org. ETHW. Retrieved 13 August 2020.
- Malkinson, Terrance; Condry, Michael (2016). "The New IEEE Technology and Engineering Management Society" (PDF). canrev.ieee.ca. IEEE Canadian Review. Retrieved 13 August 2020.
- "About Us". IEEE Technology and Engineering Management Society. IEEE. Retrieved 13 August 2020.
- "Current issue - IEEE TEM". ieeexplore.ieee.org. IEEE Xplore.
- "IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management". www.scimagojr.com. Scimago Lab,.
- "IEEE ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT REVIEW - 0360-8581 | MIAR 2020 live. Information Matrix for the Analysis of Journals" (in español). MIAR: Information Matrix for the Analysis of Journals. University of Barcelona.
- "Only 0.25% of the Software Developers are Suited to Work on Blockchain". IEEE TEMS LEADER. 15 May 2018.
- "IEEE Global Conference on Artificial Intelligence & Internet of Things". gcaiot.org.
- "8th Digital Africa Conference 2020". Digital Africa Group.
- Ibaraki, Stephen. "Engaging Innovation In Times Of Constant Change With GTRI & IEEE TEMS". Forbes. Retrieved 13 August 2020.
- "L'Italia ospita la conferenza IEEE dalla scienza all'impresa con ospiti della Silicon Valley - Instago - In Evidenza". ANSA.it (in italiano). 20 January 2020.
- "IEEE Technology and Engineering Management Society". IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management. 67 (3): C2–C2. August 2020. doi:10.1109/TEM.2020.3006640.
- "2020 Board of Governors". IEEE Technology and Engineering Management Society. IEEE TEMS.
This article "IEEE Technology and Engineering Management Society" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:IEEE Technology and Engineering Management Society. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.