Type of site
|Registration||Optional (Required to post and comment)|
|Launched||April 26, 2011|
iFunny is an online platform and social media application that specializes in Internet memes and comedy and allows its users to upload and share "user-generated content" or other content from external social media websites. It is currently owned by the Moscow-based digital entertainment company, FunCorp. The app boasts 50 million US downloads and 3.5 billion in-app events a day.
Similarly to Imgur and 9GAG, iFunny uses a system of likes (represented by smiley faces) that the moderators use to decide which content gets "Featured" to the front page. The featured tab gets reset every three hours. Unlike many other social media apps designed to spread memes, iFunny also has a "Collective", which features every submission made to the site, but in a random order. Unlike featured posts, you are allowed to upvote and downvote (represented by angry faces) the posts, which could potentially get newer posts to the "Featured" tab.
iFunny also users to submit comments under posts, and allows users to share pictures as comments similarly to Twitter.
iFunny is one of the most popular apps on both the App Store and Google Play Store. Currently, it is ranked 59th in Entertainment in the App Store and has an Alexa ranking of #3,113 in the United States. In fact, in 2014, the U.S. Mobile App Report reported that iFunny was the 10th most popular app among 18-24 year olds. However, just like 9GAG and Instagram, the app is heavily disliked users of 4chan and Reddit for the app having "normie content". It has also been searched less frequently on Google since April 2013.
- TheSeaRabbit - American YouTube animator, with the iFunny account TheSeaRabbitComics
- Ugly God - American rapper, songwriter and record producer, with the iFunny Account UglyGod
- Sam Woodward - Known as the Ivy League Killer, he has been charged with the murder of friend Blaze Bernstein. He was active on iFunny under the now-deleted account Saboteur.
- TheOdd1sOut - American YouTube animator, who used iFunny to share comics, before becoming a YouTuber.
- "iFunny Competitive Analysis, Marketing Mix and Traffic - Alexa". Alexa.com. 13 June 2019.
- "FunCorp". FunCorp. Retrieved 2018-04-27.
- "iFunny – hot memes and videos". apps.apple.com. Retrieved 13 June 2019.
- "About - iFunny :)" (PDF). iFunny.co. Retrieved 13 June 2019.
- "iFunny". Urban Dictionary. January 27, 2018.
- "iFunny - Explore - Google Trends". Google Trends. 13 June 2019.
|This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "IFunny" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:IFunny. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.