This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type of business||Private|
|Founder(s)||Dmitry Lazarichev, Pavel Matveev|
|Products||Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Litecoin, Cryptoback, Cryptocurrency debit card|
|Users||100 (August 2018)|
Wirex is UK-based FCA-regulated  provider of cryptocurrency wallets linked to physical Visa debit cards, as well as cryptocurrency and traditional currency exchange and payment solutions. The company has offices in London, Singapore, Tokyo, Delaware, Toronto and Kiev, Ukraine, where the bulk of its operations are based.
The company currently employs over 320 people around the world and have offices in London, Kiev, Tokyo, Toronto, Singapore and Atlanta.
History[edit | edit source]
Initially, Wirex launched as E-coin in 2014 and in 2015, the company launched the first ever Wirex Visa card that allowed users to convert and spend cryptocurrencies anywhere Visa is accepted.
In April 2018, Wirex announced contactless debit cards and added new Litecoin functionality, augmenting its existing Bitcoin and traditional currency capabilities in recognition of the adoption of Litecoin as a payment method. [unreliable source?] Later the same year, in October, Wirex announced its expansion into the U.S. market. 
The platform currently supports Bitcoin, Litecoin, XRP, Ethereum, Waves, GBP, EUR and USD.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Financial Conduct Authority". register.fca.org.uk. Retrieved 2019-01-18.
- "Crypto Company Wirex Will Expand to the U.S. in 2018 | Bank Innovation | Bank Innovation". bankinnovation.net. Retrieved 2019-01-11.
- "Fintech 2016: Wirex brings blockchain to personal banking". Euromoney. Retrieved 2019-01-18.
- UK, Thomas Colson, Business Insider. "A London startup building a contactless bitcoin card has raised Â£2.5 million". Business Insider. Retrieved 2019-01-18.
- "SBI Holdings, UK-based Wirex to set up JV". www.spglobal.com. Retrieved 2019-01-18.
- Drake, Matt (2018-05-02). "Litecoin price PLUMMET: Cryptocurrency price plunges 10 PER CENT in one week". Express.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-01-18.
- "Can bank-issued prepaid cards appeal to U.S. crypto market?". American Banker. Retrieved 2019-01-18.
|This finance-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Wirex" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Wirex. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.