|Developer(s)||Mohammad Rasoul Kazemi  Rooyekhat Media co|
|Initial release||October 2015|
|Available in||English, Persian , Arabic|
Search IGap on Amazon.
iGap (Persian: آی گپ) is a free Iranian open-source instant messaging application for smart phones and PCs. iGap provides all users to interact with each other and exchange information through text, image, video, audio and other types of messages. This Iranian messenger has also featured P2P-based voice calls for the first time in the country and contribute users over the internet.  
After WeChat messenger got filtered in Iran, no local application except iGap could make friend-finding on the map available for users with the feature named "Nearby."
According to the producers, two AES keys (AES256) are used in iGap to encrypt symmetrically. The first is for the client-based and the second one is for the server-based (sent from server to the client); the user can create a random code by combining these two keys and send it to the server, server transmits all this user's messages with the forwarded key afterwards. In addition to the encrypted system, all connections between server and users will be covered with the activated SSL 2048. Thus, it would be impossible to eavesdrop the information on the route. The voice call possibility in iGap follows the most modern technology in the world which is used in Signal as well. In this tech for voice call, server can never interfer in and is called P2P literally. Mohammad Rasoul Kazemi as the managing director of RooyeKhat Media Company and the project manager of iGap has declared in an interview:
- Like Telegram Officials, we guarantee to award anyone who can unlock the encryption in iGap.
For the first time and as the first one, iGap has published client-based codes and make them available for everyone and stepped forward in the open-source community in the world by holding a competitive event for programmers and developers. The whole codes of Android and iOS version and even the iGap programming applicable interface are existed in GitHub and anyone is able to access them.
- Ability to chat one-on-one
- Ability to chat in groups
- Ability to create channels
- Ability to control and protect the privacy
- Ability to transfer any files with no restriction in size
- Ability to search usernames (individuals, public groups and public channels)
- Ability to control annoying users by blocking and/or unblocking
- Ability to make P2P-based voice calls using WebRTC technology with no servers' interference
- Ability to activate two-step verification for more safety
- Ability to see active users on the map in 5 km distance using "Nearby" feature
- Ability to report messages, users, groups and channels for the illegal and/or maladaptive content
- Ability to save and store needed information and files and access them easily
- Ability to connect to one account with several devices and synchronize all
- Ability to lock the app in any devices to prevent the probable misusing (for Android, Web and Desktop versions)
Mohammad-Javad Azari Jahromi as the ICT Minister of Iran has joined this messaging application in September 2017 in order to support local social networking. Earlier, the Minister has claimed to support local Messengers when he was deputy of the ICT Minister.
- "رونمایی از جدید ترین پیام رسان ایرانی+ عکس". Young Journalists Club. 24 May 2017.
- "مصاحبه پانوشت با مهندس کاظمی مدیر عامل شرکت روی خط مدیا و توسعه دهنده پیام رسان آی گپ". panevesht.
- "بررسی پیام رسان ایرانی و رمزنگاری شده «آی گپ»". digiato.
- "چرا داشتن یک پیامرسان داخلی متفاوت ضروری است؟ معرفی پیامرسان آیگپ". 1pezeshk.
- "Messaging App iGap to Launch Voice Calls". financialtribune. 24 May 2017.
- "«پیام رسان ایرانی "iGap" در تعقیب تلگرام»". sputniknews. 24 May 2017.
- "آذری جهرمی به آیگپ پیوست / ترافیک پیامرسانهای داخلی هنوز نیمبها نیست". tasnim.
This article "IGap" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.