It has been suggested that this article be merged into International Student Festival in Trondheim. (Discuss) Proposed since October 2016.
The International Student Festival 2011 is a student festival that was held from February 11 to February 20, 2011 in Trondheim, Norway. This was the 11th ISFiT-festival. 525 students from 104 countries gathered in Trondheim to discuss the festival's main theme, global health.
The main theme for ISFiT 2011 was global health, and the festival's name was Globalize this: Health.
ISFiT 2011 board defined global health as the health of the world population in an international context, looking beyond purely national perspectives and challenges. The concept covered all aspects of the human health – physical, mental, and social. Furthermore, the board defined health as an individual resource possessed by all people. By this, health is also a resource for local communities, nations and the world community. The global health affects and is affected by several international conditions – politics, security, economy and culture.
The ISFiT 2011 Board
- Jørgen W. Thorsen: Vice-President
- Eivind Berstad: Head of information
- Stina Låstad: Head of administration
- Elisa Osmundsen: Head of economy
- Eirik Vikum: Head of Student Peace Prize
- Elin Kathrine Saunes: Head of culture
- Karoline Fossland: Head of Theme
Kine Karlsen resigned as President in late October 2010, after a leave of absence since August 2010. Jørgen W. Thorsen was prototed to President in November 2010, after serving as Acting President since Karlsen's leave. Karlsen continued as a regular member of the board.
As in previous years, the workshops was the core of ISFiT. The workshops highlighted the festival themes in different ways. The workshops of ISFiT 2011 was:
- WS01 - Politics
- WS02 - Theatre
- WS03 - Education
- WS04 - Water
- WS05 - Mental health
- WS06 - Literature
- WS07 - Climate and environment
- WS08 - Economy
- WS09 - Food
- WS10 - Sex
- WS11 - Art
- WS12 - The future
- WS13 - Genes
- WS14 - Women and children
- WS15 - Information technology
- WS16 - Sports
- WS17 - Development and Aid
The ISFiT Dialogue Groups
The Dialogue Groups of 2011 was held from February 1 to February 20. The Dialogue Group started ten days prior to ISFiT 2011 with a seminar at Røros, and continued into the festival in Trondheim. In 2011 students from Rwanda, Northern Ireland and Armenia & Azerbaijan was invited to apply for participation in the seminar.
The Student Peace Prize
On 25 November 2010 it was announced that human rights activist Duško Kostić was awarded the Student Peace Prize. Kostić received the award at a ceremony at Olavshallen, 18 February 2011. He was also honored with a memory plate in Jomfrugata in Trondheim as a part of the Walk of Peace-project, that was unveiled during ISFiT 2011.
-  Adresseavisen: ISFiT svarte på alt
-  Under Dusken: – ISFiT vil prege hele Trondheim
-  Adresseavisen: Kine Karlsen valgt til ISFiT-president
-  Under Dusken: ISFiT-styret er valgt
-  Under Dusken: ISFiT-presidenten trer av
-  Open Unionism: Applications urged for international student festival in Norway…
-  The Student Peace Prize: The "Walk of Peace" design is ready
-  The Student Peace Prize: The winner of the Student Peace Prize 2011
This article "ISFiT 2011" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:ISFiT 2011. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.