iboss is a cybersecurity firm based in Boston.
iboss was founded in 2003 as Phantom Technologies, Inc. The name changed to iboss in 2012. iboss manufactures iboss cloud, a web gateway security technology that provides Internet security in the cloud. by tracking suspicious data patterns to detect data anomalies, secure SSL traffic, and find hidden malware.
iboss was based in San Diego until moving its headquarters to Boston in 2017. iboss has worked with Xerox, the U.S. Department of the Interior, and Sears. Paul Martini is CEO. The company received $35 million USD from Goldman Sachs during its Series A funding round in 2015. By 2017, the company owned 100 issued or pending patents. As of 2018, iboss has offices in San Francisco, London, Argentina, and Philippines.
In 2014, iboss was named one of the fastest-growing companies by Deloitte. The same year, Paul and Peter Martini won the 2014 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year award. In 2017 and 2018, Gartner, Inc. featured iboss in the Visionaries quadrant of its Magic Quadrant for Secure Web Gateways for its "completeness of vision." During the 2018 midterm elections, iboss was featured in an election ad for Massachusetts governor Charlie Baker wherein CEO Paul Martini praised Baker for introducing more business-friendly measures to the state.
- Maffel, Lucia (2018-02-13). "Office Envy: Inside the HQ of iboss, Where Nobody Has an Office". BostInno. Retrieved 2018-11-19.
- Solomon, Brian. "Twin Brothers Behind iboss Cybersecurity Snag $35 Million From Goldman Sachs". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-11-19.
- Bigelow, Bruce V. (2014-04-23). "Xconomy: As Websense Leaves Town, Iboss Network Security Takes Center Stage". Xconomy. Retrieved 2018-11-19.
- "Daily Business Report-Oct. 14, 2015, San Diego Metro Magazine". San Diego Metro Magazine. 2015-10-14. Retrieved 2018-11-19.
- Matney, Lucas. "Cybersecurity Firm iboss Raises $35M From Goldman Sachs, Looks Toward IPO". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2018-11-19.
- "A Tale of Twins: The Story of iboss". VentureFizz. 2018-05-13. Retrieved 2018-11-19.
- Davis, Ziff (2005-11-22). PC Mag. Ziff Davis, Inc. Search this book on
- Freeman, Mike (2017-05-19). "San Diego's iboss Cybersecurity moving corporate headquarters to Boston". San Diego Union Tribune. Retrieved 2018-11-19.
- Shen, Lucinda (2016-08-10). "Wall Street's Biggest Banks Are Banding Together Against Cybercrime". Fortune. Retrieved 2018-11-19.
- "iboss - a secure web gateway visionary". Digitalisation World. 2018-11-29. Retrieved 2019-01-09.
- Miller, Joshua (2018-09-05). "The general election begins today. Need proof? Check out your television. - The Boston Globe". Boston Globe. Retrieved 2018-11-19.
|This article about an IT-related or software-related company or corporation is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Iboss (company)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Iboss (company). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.