Ice Cream Boy
Ice Cream Boy
Ice Cream Boy performing in 2018
|Origin||Xalapa, Veracruz, Mexico|
|Genres||dream pop, bedroom pop, lo-fi|
Ice Cream Boy  is a solo musical project of bedroom pop founded by multi-instrumentalist Mauricio Castillo in Xalapa, Mexico. Accompanied by his high school friends, Ice Cream Boy has had some live performances near their hometown.
Born in 1998, Mauricio Castillo Guerra began his musical approaches at the age of 7 when his parents got him into piano lessons with various professors around the town. It was not until the age of 13 that he gathered some interest in other instruments such as electric guitar and drums which he learned to play them by himself with piano music theory and Youtube videos.
He started the project in 2017 while randomly playing chords in his 1985 Fender Stratocaster after a tiring school day. He came up with the idea of the name "Ice Cream Boy" because it fitted softly into the chorus of the song he had in mind at the time, which soon after became his artistical name and the name of the most representative song of his first EP "Chocolate, Vanilla & Tequila".
Castillo released Chocolate, Vanilla & Tequila in May 2019 without a record label and promoted it through social media and indie music Youtube channels. The 6 songs extended play is full of melodic tones and simple lyrics in which Mauricio wanted to express and narrate the way he sees the life of a normal teenager surrounded by different types of situations.
Six months later, he released the single Don't You Know  categorizing it as his first love song dedicated to an impossible love.
- Chocolate, Vanilla & Tequila (2019)
- Don't You Know (2019)
Live performance members
- Mauricio Castillo Guerra (Rhythm Guitar, Main Vocals)
- Rodolfo Baruch (Drums)
- Ernesto Galicia (Lead Guitar)
- Emiliano Carrillo (Bass)
- Baruch, Rodolfo (November 1, 2019). "Ice Cream Boy". Spotify. Retrieved May 2, 2019.
- Castillo, Mauricio (November 1, 2019). "Ice Cream Boy – "Chocolate, Vanilla & Tequila"". DistroKid. Retrieved May 2, 2019.
- Castillo, Mauricio (November 1, 2019). "Ice Cream Boy - I'm cyborg but that's ok". YouTube. Retrieved May 10, 2019.
- Castillo, Mauricio (November 1, 2019). "Ice Cream Boy - Don´t You Know". Amazon. Retrieved October 19, 2019.
This article "Ice Cream Boy" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Ice Cream Boy. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.