New York, U.S.
|Headquarters||New York City, New York, U.S.|
Number of locations
|United States, Canada|
|Products||Sunglasses, Prescription Eyeglasses|
Illesteva is an American brand of sunglasses, prescription eyeglasses and accessories founded in 2010. Illesteva primarily sells products in showrooms and stores worldwide and also has an online store.
History[edit | edit source]
Illesteva was founded in 2010 by brother/sister duo, Alina and Daniel Silberman. The brand was a finalist in the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund's 2012 competition.. Illesteva has its frames made in France and Italy, with designs done in New York. The company has nine stores in the United States and one in London's Selfridge's department store. Illesteva's three flagship stores are located in Boston, Venice Beach and New York's Soho neighborhood.
Collaborations[edit | edit source]
In April 2015, Illesteva partnered with Uber to create a delivery service for their products available in Manhattan. In September 2017, Illesteva partnered with jewelry company Miansai to host a charity sample sale in Miami benefitting victims of hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria. .
In 2017 Illesteva teamed with Michael Jackson's estate to release limited-edition aviators, similar to those worn by Jackson. N.E.R.D., a music group consisting of Pharrell, Chad Hugo and Shay Haley, collaborated with Illesteva to frames in which a USB drive was integrated with N.E.R.D.'s music. Actress Rashida Jones partnered with Illesteva in 2017 to create a pair of sunglasses for which a portion of the proceeds went to the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU).  They also collaborated with Jennifer Fisher , Zac Posen, graffiti artist, André and Dasha Zhukova.
References[edit | edit source]
- Vogue. "Introducing the 2012 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Finalists". vogue.com. Conde Nast. Retrieved 12 February 2018.
- Crook, Jordan. "Uber is Quietly Testing a Massive Merchant Delivery Program". techcrunch.com. TechCrunch. Retrieved 1 April 2018.
- Mastandrea, Paige. "Miansai x Illesteva Sample Sale To Benefit Style Saves And Hurricane Relief". hauteliving.com. Haute Media Group. Retrieved 1 April 2018.
- Gaffney, Adrienne. "35 Years Later, Michael Jackson's Thriller Aviators Are Reimagined: Exclusive". billboard.com. Billboard Magazine. Retrieved 12 February 2018.
- hellofashion.com. "N.E.R.D. unveil Adidas training collection". hellofashion.com. Hello Fashion. Retrieved 12 February 2018.
- Media, Cover. "Rashida Jones' new specs appeal for charity". belfasttelegraph.co.uk. Belfast Telegraph. Retrieved 12 February 2018.
- Blumenthal, Erica. "Eyes of a Tiger". nytimes.com. The New York Times. Retrieved 12 February 2018.
- Strugatz, Rachel. "Fashion Scoops". Women’s Wear Daily. Women's Wear Daily. Retrieved 12 February 2018.
- Lindbergh, Peter. "The X Factor". vogue.com. Conde Nast Publications. Retrieved 12 February 2018.
This article "Illesteva" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Illesteva/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.