|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
New York City
Number of locations
Area served 🗺️
|Charles Trevail, Global CEO,
Andy Payne, Global Chief Creative Officer,Gonzalo Brujó, Global Chief Growth Officer + CEO EMEA & LatAm,
|Services||Strategy, Valuation, Design, Analytics, Naming, Digital|
Number of employees
In 1974, Murphy left Dunlop and along with his wife opened Novomark, a product-naming consultancy. In 1979, Novomark opened an office in New York, under the new name Interbrand, reflecting an expansion of the company's offerings.
Throughout the 1970s and 1980s, international offices were opened, including locations in Tokyo, Frankfurt, Milan, Los Angeles, and Melbourne. The company offers branding services such as brand valuation, new product development, naming, legal searches, and graphic design. From 1987 to 1995, Michael Birkin was group chief executive.
In 1993, Interbrand was acquired by the Omnicom Group. During the 1990s and 2000s, the company expanded by acquiring other branding consultancies in the UK, Spain, Asia-Pacific, South America, Germany, and in South Africa.
Interbrand was awarded a Gold Cannes Lions in 2014 for its work on Mandela Paper Prison.
Best Global Brands
Interbrand publishes the Best Global Brands  report on an annual basis. Each year's report aims to identify the world's 100 most valuable brands. Interbrand was the first company to receive ISO 10668 certification.
The annual "Best Global Brands" report was published in BusinessWeek until 2009, and Interbrand assumed sole authorship in 2010. To qualify, brands must have a presence on at least three major continents and must have broad geographic coverage in growing and emerging markets.
- Interbrand. "About - Interbrand". Interbrand. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- Brodie, Duncan. ""Brandfather" John Murphy tells the story of the rise and rise of branding". East Anglian Daily Times. Retrieved 2020-07-29.
- History of Interbrand Corporation – FundingUniverse. Fundinguniverse.com. Retrieved on 2013-07-21.
- Geoffrey Foster (1 October 1989). "There's No Accounting for Brands". Management Today.
- Jane Lewis (7 July 1989). "Cash Injections Sets Interbrand For Flotation". Design Week.
- Stuart Elliott (23 December 1993). "The Media Business: Advertising -- Addenda; Omnicom Acquires British Brand Expert". The New York Times. Retrieved 17 March 2015.
- SCHMOUKER, OLIVIER. ""Sid Lee nous permettra de devenir des champions de la créativité et du management" - Michael Birkin, pdg de kyu". Les Affaires. Les Affaires. Retrieved 26 October 2015.
- Elliott, Stuart (1993-12-23). "THE MEDIA BUSINESS: ADVERTISING -- ADDENDA; Omnicom Acquires British Brand Expert". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2020-07-29.
- Interbrand Archived 2013-07-04 at the Wayback Machine. Equitor.com. Retrieved on 2013-07-21.
- Nudd, Tim (2014-06-18). "Design Grand Prix Goes to Norwegian Shop for a Logo That's Visual and Musical". Adweek. Retrieved 2015-10-26.
- "2016 - Best Global Brands - Interbrand". Interbrand. Retrieved 2016-10-26.
- "Interbrand Releases 14th Annual Best Global Brands Report". www.businesswire.com. 2013-09-30. Retrieved 2020-07-29.
- CNBC (2012-10-02). "Interbrand Releases 13th Annual Best Global Brands Report". www.cnbc.com. Retrieved 2020-07-29.
- "2015 - Best Global Brands - Best Brands - Interbrand". Best Global Brands. Retrieved 2015-10-26.
- "Interbrand's Methodology Becomes the World's First ISO Certified Approach for Valuing Brands". www.businesswire.com. 2010-12-01. Retrieved 2020-07-29.
- "100 Best Global Brands". Business Week. September 17, 2009. Retrieved May 28, 2012.
This article "Interbrand" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Interbrand. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.