International Webcasting Association
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (October 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The International Webcasting Association (IWA) is a non-profit organization that works to promote effective and efficient delivery of multimedia content, including webcasting and streaming media, over the Internet and other digital networks. The IWA serves as a forum for the ideas, people and issues shaping the future of the webcasting industry. IWA represents webcasters, streaming media companies, entrepreneurs, individuals and academics throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, Canada and Australia.
The International Webcasting Association was formed in 1996 to create a forum for all companies involved in the digital revolution to promote webcasting and streaming media. Founding members include many of the early developers and companies from the streaming media industry. The membership includes portal websites, streaming service providers, content creators, educators, entrepreneurs, and user companies.
The IWA's goal is to keep members informed, connected, and better prepared for the changes that are an integral part of the technology. The IWA supports the growth of individual member companies from their investment strategies to legal and regulatory issues to education through key research studies. Examples of these initiatives are meetings initiated with the United States Federal Communications Commission and presentations to the United States Congress and the National Telecommunications and Information Administration. (NTIA)
The IWA disseminates information through regular meetings in person and via teleconference calls, functions and meetings at industry conferences, the IWA website, list-serves, and live Internet webcasts.
IWA membership provides members with:
- Electronic newsletters with industry news, calendar of upcoming events and member discounts.
- Webcasts from participating IWA member businesses.
- Regional meetings for advancement of webcasting and streaming media.
- Discounts of 10%-50% on selected webcasting conferences, publications, and products.
- Listing on the IWA website to promote organizational networking and research on the webcasting industry.
- List-serv to exchange ideas, opinions and get answers immediately to members' questions. 
- international webcasting association. "international webcasting association". international webcasting association. Retrieved 2011-06-29.
|This article related to a film organization is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "International Webcasting Association" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:International Webcasting Association. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.