Into the Open Economy
|Author||Colin R. Turner|
|Media type||Paperback, Kindle E-book|
Basic premise[edit | edit source]
The book holds that the majority of social, economic and environmental problems are caused by the limitations of the market system, or, as Turner puts it: "our primary methods of distributing resources and conducting society, namely: trade and governance."
Turner goes on to detail the inherent limitations of trade and governance, where he claims trade and exclusive ownership always lead to wealth concentration, and the rise in technological unemployment must inevitably negate the market system through the collapse of the labour market.
Turner also describes government as "an outgrowth of the trading system", speculating that without a trading system and labour market, government would have little or no reason to exist.
Open economy[edit | edit source]
In the book, Turner proposes what he calls an open (sharing) economy, founded on the basic principles of sharing and shifting individual purpose from self-interest to group interest. He defines the open economy as: "the application of an open, distributed model to a traditionally closed-loop economic system. In other words, rather than every individual seeking only to benefit themselves, a common understanding exists that enables everyone to benefit everyone, including themselves."
Other books[edit | edit source]
Into the Open Economy has been translated into Spanish, French, German, Portuguese and Czech. Turner is also the author of a novel, F-Day: The Second Dawn of Man, which presents a visualisation of how an open economy might come about. He is also the author and founder of Free World Charter.
References[edit | edit source]
- "The Open Economy". Freeworlder.com. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- Turner 2016, p. 8.
- Turner 2016, p. 12.
- Turner 2016, p. 13.
- Turner 2016, p. 9.
- Turner 2016, p. 25.
- Turner 2016, p. 23.
- Hacia una Economía Abierta. ISBN 978-0956064080.
- Le chemin vers l’Economie Ouverte. ISBN 978-0956064059.
- Der weg in die Offene Volkswirtschaft. ISBN 978-0956064066.
- O Caminho Para a Economia Aberta. ISBN 978-0956064073.
- Do Otevřené ekonomiky. ISBN 978-0956064097.
- Turner, Colin R. (July 2016). F-Day: The Second Dawn of Man. Ireland: Applied Image. ISBN 978-0-9560640-2-8.
- "What is the Free World Charter?". www.freeworldcharter.org. Retrieved 2017-03-28.
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
- Turner, Colin R. (2016). Into the Open Economy. Ireland: Applied Image. ISBN 9780956064042.[non-primary source needed]
This article "Into the Open Economy" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Into the Open Economy/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.