Colin R. Turner
Colin R. Turner
|Born||Colin Richard Turner|
10 July 1968
Colin R. Turner is an Irish author and social activist. He is the founder of the Free World Charter, and author of two books based on proposals for a moneyless 'open access economy'.
Born in Dublin, Ireland in 1968, Turner spent his early years immersed in playing and learning music, with little interest in school. Failing to find commercial success with various musical ventures in his early adult years, Turner began to question the very notion of 'earning a living' and the methods of reward in society.
In 2013, Turner embarked on a round-the-world travel attempt without using money. He has appeared as a regular guest on RTV Marbella's Marbella Now TV and Mi Marbella programmes between 2016 and 2017.
The Free World Charter
Written in 2011, Turner's Free World Charter is an online petition document comprising ten principles that Turner claims will 'optimise life on Earth for all species', and which self-describes as the 'minimum requirements for survival and progress'.
Open access economy
In a TED Talk in 2019, Turner proposes what he calls an 'open access economy', founded on the basic principles of sharing and shifting individual purpose from self-interest to group interest.:25 He defines the open economy as: "the application of an open, distributed model to a traditionally closed-loop economic system. In other words, rather than every individual seeking only to benefit themselves, a common understanding exists that enables everyone to benefit everyone, including themselves.":23
Turner's open access economic model relies on the idea of implicit trade rather than 'explicit' or common trade where both parties exchange items of equal subjective value. Implicit trade is described as a 'debt implied through an act of generosity of no agreed value or terms'.
Turner goes on to detail the inherent limitations of trade and governance, where he claims trade and exclusive ownership always lead to wealth concentration,:12 and the rise in technological unemployment must inevitably negate the market system through the collapse of the labour market.
- "About Colin R. Turner". Colin R. Turner. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "Colin Turner attempts to travel around the world without money". BBC News. 29 July 2013. Retrieved 20 January 2017.
- AFP. "Walking around the world, money-less". Emirates 24|7. Retrieved 20 January 2017.
- "'Moneyless Man' attempts to walk round the world".
- "Objective UNMN2017 on #MiMarbella – Marbella Now". Marbella Now. 12 November 2016. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- TED. "TED Talk". TED.com.
- Turner, Colin R. (2016). Into the Open Economy. Ireland: Applied Image. ISBN 9780956064042. Search this book on [non-primary source needed]
- Turner, Colin R. "Open Access Economy". Open Access Economy.
- Applied Image, 2016, ISBN 978-0956064028 Search this book on .
- Applied Image, 2016, ISBN 978-0956064042 Search this book on .
- Turner 2016, p. 13.
This article "Colin R. Turner" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Colin R. Turner. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.