|Initial release||1 January 2002|
0.3.345 / October 11, 2012
|Written in||Python (PyGTK)|
|Operating system||Unix-like, Windows|
|License||GNU General Public License|
Search JBrout on Amazon.
JBrout is a free Image organizer and tag editor for JPEG format picture management application. JBrout was created in 2002 by Marc Lentz, this software is cross-platform (Linux and Microsoft Windows) and allows the user – through a user-friendly interface – to associate keywords to pictures (IPTC tags) and perform extensive searches on these keywords.
The links to download any version of this were not working in November 2017.
The software allows navigation:
- by album (similar to a file explorer),
- by tag (that a user can create and file by category/sub-category),
- or by time period (using Exif data, JBrout files them per day/month).
Many features are incorporated in the software, making it possible to:
- rotate pictures losslessly,
- use and modify Exif information,
- create a HTML gallery,
- export pictures on a Flickr account or Google Picasa Web Album (discontinued in 2016 but can be downloaded from some non-Google sites,
- modify selected pictures with another software,
- or use a basket system to select images.
Advantages of JBrout
- Keywords are stored with the pictures (using IPTC metadata), making their exchange easier: When sending a picture, its associated keywords are also sent. This method of storing information offers a certain durability of data since keywords are not dependent on an external file.
- JBrout uses thumbnails (mini-pictures) associated with the picture (Exif info). This prevents creating extra files while allowing reasonably fast previews.
- JBrout can create a large collection of pictures very quickly.
Limits of JBrout
So far, JBrout handles JPEG format pictures only. This format is commonly used by digital cameras.
Other articles of the topic Free and open-source software : Jovo Framework, Fix8, WikidPad, Gimmie, GENESIS (MD software), Subsurface (software), GemRB
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to JBrout.|
|This graphics software–related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "JBrout" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:JBrout. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.