|Born||New York City, New York, United States|
|🏅 Awards||Horn Family Environmental Studies Award, Dean's Award, Green Grant.|
Jake Madoff is an American environmentalist, entrepreneur, and writer living in New York City, New York, United States. He is the founder and CEO of Greener Square, and co-founder and head of product of TradeMade, Inc. He has received attention by Washington Square News, amNewYork, MindBodyGreen, and Earth 911 for his work in the startup industry, and by the Council on International Education Exchange for his work with Terreform ONE. Madoff's research on climate change, environmental psychology, and eco-design has been published and well received. Most notably, Google Search has ranked him as a "Top Environmental Entrepreneur".
Madoff has a degree in environmental studies and economics from New York University, with a concentration in environmental branding and sustainability as it relates to conservation economics and environmental ethics.
Madoff is the founder and CEO of Greener Square, an online eco-consumerism, research guide and marketplace for the conscious-consumer industry, where environmentally and socially responsible brands are rated on how sustainable, ethical, and organic their practices and products are. Madoff is also the co-founder and head of product at TradeMade, Inc., an award-winning barter and trade app that enables fun and easy swap meet-ups of items and services, while educating users on the carbon footprint savings of procuring second-hand.
Research and writing
Madoff's research on anthropogenic climate change has been published in the Gallatin Research Journal. Additionally, his research on Aristotle's eudaimonia as it relates to ecosophy was published in Confluence. Madoff was also a researcher and assistant editor for the book "Global Design", which takes a critical look at global climate change and how ecological design solutions can help to reduce the negative environmental impacts of a warming atmosphere. His research on overpopulation and biohacking with modern architecture company, Terreform ONE was also written up in an article by the Council on International Education Exchange.
In August 2015, Madoff was written up in the popular, environmentally-oriented blog, Earth 911, in an article entitled, "It's Hip To Be #GreenerSquare", for his work on Greener Square. Additionally, he was interviewed by New York University newspaper, Washington Square News, in an article entitled, "Student Creates Eco-Friendly Online Store", in March 2015 for the launch of Greener Square. Madoff's blog, Eco-Axiology.com, which discusses environmental research, Ecosophy, and corporate sustainability has also received attention by other like-minded blog sites. Most recently, he was interviewed by established green blog, Greener Ideal for his work on Greener Square, and was listed as a social entrepreneur to watch for the year 2016 by The Good Trade. Additionally, for Earth Day 2016, Madoff was featured in New York City daily newspaper, amNewYork for his work in the conscious consumer industry.
Madoff is a three-time recipient of the Horn Family Environmental Studies Award, a recipient of the Dean's Award at New York University, and was the winner of a Green Grant in September 2015 by the Office of Sustainability at NYU. He was also a finalist in the Reynolds Change-Maker Entrepreneur Challenge for his company, TradeMade, Inc.
- "WSN". WSN.
- "It's Hip To Be #GreenerSquare - Earth911.com". Earth911.com.
- "Elsewhere Envisioned - Global Design NYU - Why Urbanista.org? - 1 - Urbanista". Urbanista.
- "Google". Google.ae. Retrieved 2015-12-23.
- "About". Greener Square. Retrieved 2015-12-23.
- "The Team - A Trade & Barter App. Save Money. Support the Environment. Meet Awesome People". Trademade-app.com. Retrieved 2015-12-23.
- "The Gallatin Research Journal : Issue 4" (PDF). Confluence.gallatin.nyu.edu. Retrieved 2015-12-23.
- Fullerton, Hannah (2015-09-29). "The New Happiness | Confluence". Confluence.gallatin.nyu.edu. Retrieved 2015-12-23.
- Peder Anker; Louise Harpman; Mitchell Joachim. "Global Design". Amazon.com. ISBN 9783791353586. Retrieved 2015-12-23.
- "Global Design: Peder Anker, Louise Harpman, Mitchell Joachim: 9783791353586: Amazon.com: Books". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2015-12-23.
- "CIEE Study News - U.S. Students Travel to New York and Venice with CIEE for World's Leading Architecture and Design Forum". Studynews.ciee.org. Retrieved 2015-12-23.
- Madeleine Somerville (2015-08-25). "It's Hip To Be #GreenerSquare". Earth911.com. Retrieved 2015-12-23.
- "WSN : Student creates eco-friendly online store". Nyunews.com. 2015-04-12. Retrieved 2015-12-23.
- "eco-axiology | A blog about the profundity of the natural world". Ecoaxiology.wordpress.com. 2015-04-07. Retrieved 2015-12-23.
- "TradeMade". Nyu.edu. Retrieved 2015-12-23.
- "Changemaker Challenge : 2015 Venture Teams" (PDF). Nyu.edu. Retrieved 2015-12-23.
This article "Jake Madoff" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Jake Madoff. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.