Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
Janice L. Kovach
|Mayor of Clinton, New Jersey|
|Assumed office |
January 2, 2012
|Preceded by||Richard Miller|
|Director of the New Jersey Division on Women|
August 2006 – September 2010
|Member of Clinton, New Jersey Council|
January 1, 2004 – August 2006
|Succeeded by||Daniel Shea|
|Residence||Clinton, New Jersey|
|Alma mater||Thomas Edison State College|
Janice Kovach is the Mayor of Clinton, New Jersey, secretary of the New Jersey State Democratic Committee, and a former state administrative official. She ran, unsuccessfully, for the U.S. House of Representatives seat in New Jersey's 7th District in the 2014 election, as the Democratic nominee.
Kovach served as a Clinton, New Jersey councilwoman from 2004 to 2006. She ran for the New Jersey General Assembly in 2005, but finished third in a race for two seats. From 2006 to 2010, Kovach served as the director of the New Jersey Division on Women in the Department of Community Affairs. Kovach has served as the mayor of Clinton since 2012.
In addition to her mayoral position, Kovach currently serves as secretary of the New Jersey State Democratic Committee.
In 2014, Kovach ran for Congress in New Jersey's 7th congressional district as the Democratic nominee. She lost to Republican Leonard Lance.
|Republican||Robert B. Smith||351||47|
|Republican||Michael J. Doherty (incumbent)||41,753||32|
|Republican||Marcia A. Karrow||38,623||29|
|Republican||Robert B. Smith||424||24.8|
|Republican||David J. Osborne||388||22.7|
- Sievers, John (23 October 2011). "Veteran council members Janice Kovach, Robert B. Smith face off in Clinton mayoral race". LehighValleyLive.com. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- "Official List Candidate Returns for General Assembly For November 2005 General Election" (PDF). New Jersey Department of State. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- Somers, Camilla (3 January 2012). "Janice Kovach sworn-in as mayor in Clinton". Hunterdon Review. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- Pizzaro, Max (31 December 2013). "Kovach ready to run in CD7". Politicker NJ. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- Official List Candidate Returns for Clinton Mayoral General Election For November 2011 General Election, Hunterdon County Clerk's Office
- Official List Candidate Returns for Clinton Mayoral Democratic Primary Election, Hunterdon County Clerk's Office
- Official List Candidate Returns for New Jersey General Assembly
- Official List Candidate Returns for New Jersey General Assembly Primary Election Candidates
- Official List Candidate Returns for Clinton Town Council General Election For November 2003, Hunterdon County Clerk's Office
- Janice Kovach on TwitterLua error in Module:WikidataCheck at line 23: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
This article "Janice Kovach" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.