A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Type of site
|Alexa rank||15,851 (Global, May 2018)|
Jasmine Directory is a human-edited web directory providing websites and businesses categorized topically and regionally. It offers thirteen topic-based categories and one region-based category with hand-picked and reviewed users' suggested resources.
History[edit | edit source]
Operation and structure[edit | edit source]
Jasmine Directory's editors manually add resources to the index, which according to co-founder Gomboş represents 90% of its listings. Businesses and site owners can also suggest their websites for review by paying a fee; however, inclusion is not guaranteed if the suggested resources do not comply with the editorial guidelines, in which case the review fee is refunded. The directory labels listings chosen by editors using an "EP" mark to separate those websites from ones submitted by site owners. To suggest a resource for inclusion, users may select an appropiate category; they can also customize their listing by adding their websites' social media fan pages and contact information based on which businesses' Google Maps location will be generated accordingly.
The directory is organized by topic and region into 14 categories. Each main category has several subcategories, including recreation and sports, regional, home and garden, business and finance, and computers and technology. Each category and subcategory is described and contains a relevant image. A blog where users can read industry-specific articles is also featured. In an interview, Gomboș stated the directory's purpose is to list educational references along with local amenities and businesses of public interest.
Reception[edit | edit source]
In 2013 and 2014, Jasmine Directory was rated and awarded eight times in "Top Ten Web Directories", by former DMOZ meta editor and owner and operator of the Magic City Morning Star Ken Anderson. For Anderson's list, 90 general web directories were reviewed quarterly and assessed in five areas including aesthetics, size, intuitiveness, quality and usefulness. Dave Davies, columnist at Search Engine Land and Beanstalk Internet Marketing Inc. included Jasmine Directory in his 2013 hand-picked list of web directories.
As of December 2014, Moz had assigned Jasmine Directory a Domain Authority of 60/100, a Page Authority of 67/100, MozRank of 6.81, and a MozTrust of 6.64. Its Majestic Trust Flow was 59, while the Citation Flow value was 49. In 2016, a listing in the directory appeared to be useful for search engine optimization for local Google search results. The same year, the directory obtained a score of 5 in a rating session conducted by the Association of Internet Research Specialists and published in the Internet Information Resource Book where search engines, web directories, online archives and online databases have been rated on a scale from 1 to 5+.
According to information posted on the Social Implications blog, Jasmine Directory appeared to be compliant with Google's general guidelines as of February 2018. Also, the Daily News Egypt found the directory to follow "the rules set forth by Google". Ann Smarty, search marketer and columnist at Entrepreneur, found the directory provided a "valuable user experience". In 2018, Shawn Hessinger, an industry-specific author and the executive editor of Small Business Trends, praised the directory as "selective", while in a more mixed review, an editor of TNT labelled it as "very traditional" and "tad simplistic" with an "old looking interface".
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Do web directories still work for marketing in 2018? - Daily News Egypt". Daily News Egypt. 12 May 2018. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- Joseph, Joel D. (15 September 2017). "Unintended Consequences of Trade with China". The Progressive POPULIST. 23 (16).
[...] Jasmine Directory, a human-edited catalogue that lists businesses topically and regionally [...]
- Allcock, Sam (10 May 2018). "How to Supercharge Your Online Business Using Local And Business Directories?". The London Economic. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- "除了SEO，你还可以利用这10个国外目录网站帮你引流-雨果网" [Besides SEO, you can also use these 10 foreign directory websites to help you browse]. Cif News (in Chinese). Retrieved 18 May 2018.
Founded in 2009, Jasmine Directory is a catalog site that allows different websites to be categorized according to topics and regions. The founders claimed that almost all website listings on the Jasmine Directory were manually picked. The Jasmine Directory is divided into 14 categories based on areas and topics, and these main categories are then divided into subcategories; each category contains a complete description with pictures associated with that particular category. In addition, you can customize the website listing through social media pages and contact information, and the company's Google Maps location will be generated accordingly.
- "Best Web Directories for 2018". TNT Magazine. 18 February 2018. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
- Incze, Kinga (November 2010). "Gyorsjelentés a televízió, a rádió és az internet piacáról" [A quick report on the Television, Radio and Internet Market] (PDF). Magyarországi médiapiaci körkép 2010/II. szám (in Hungarian). Budapest: Alkalmazott Kommunikációtudományi Intézet. 65: 36. Retrieved 9 July 2017.
2009 áprilisában indult a Budapesti Műszaki és Gazdaságtudományi Egyetemnél, Pecsi Andras (tanar) és Robert Gombos (aszisztens) nyomya a Jasmine Directory programot. (n.n. tr. In April 2009 at the Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Pecsi Andras (Teacher) and Robert Gombos (Student) created the Jasmine Directory project.)
- "25 Best Web Directories for SEO". netgeron.com. 15 October 2015. Retrieved 1 May 2018.
- "Best of the Web Trusted Site: Jasmine Directory". Best of the Web.
- ByIrfan, Ahmad (20 February 2018). "How to Make Modern Web Directories Work for SEO". PakWired. Retrieved 20 May 2018.
- Saleem, Hasan (19 February 2018). "Directories Worth Considering for a Healthy Marketing Campaign". Social Implications. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- Eaves, David. "Jasmine Directory". The SEO Company. Retrieved 12 July 2017.
- "Jasmine Directory Interview". Web Directory Reviews. Archived from the original on 2017-09-30. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "Getting listed: how to generate more traffic and mentions". Search Engine Watch. May 15, 2018. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- "Submission Guidelines". Jasmine Directory. Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- "Web Directory Coupons, Promos, and Discounts". SBWebCenter. 6 June 2017. Retrieved 13 August 2017.
- Summers, Kate (27 April 2018). "Get Listed: 10 Web Directories that Bring Traffic". Kikolani. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- Saleem, Hasan (21 November 2017). "10 Web Directories You Can Still Count on in 2018 -". The Good Men Project. The Good Men Project. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- "Reviewing Jasmine Directory". www.searchenginecolossus.com. Search Engine Colossus. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- Mattern, Jennifer (15 November 2017). "Jasmine Directory Under the Microscope". Web Directory List. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- "Google Compliant Web Directories: A Review of Jasmine Directory". Quantum Books. Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- Mattern, Jennifer (6 December 2014). "Web Directory Comparisons: Paid Web Directories". Web Directory List. Retrieved 13 August 2017.
Jasmine Directory [...] features a blog covering a variety of topics [...] (e.n. and) goes out of its way to let website owners customize their listings [...] including contact information and social media fan pages[...].
- "Un Bookfest al Timişoarei, pentru minte şi ochi". Banatul Azi (in română). 24 April 2018. Retrieved 20 May 2018.
Discutând cu Robert Gomboș, masterand al Facultăţii de Arte şi Design, am aflat că este și co-fondator al catalogului online „Jasmine Directory”, un proiect conceput pentru a lista, în mare parte manual, resurse informative educaționale, dar și diverse firme locale și internaționale de interes public. [en. tr. Talking with Robert Gomboş, master of the Faculty of Arts and Design, we found out that he is also co-founder of the online catalog "Jasmine Directory", a project designed to list, mostly manually, informative educational resources, but also various local and international businesses of public interest.]
- "Ask Nan O'Zilla". Dmoztools.net (former DMOZ). August 2000. Retrieved 9 July 2017.
[...] Glad you asked (kfander is too ;-) ). He is really known as Ken Anderson, and he has been editing since early 1998. [...] Ken has had significant impact within the fora and is a well respected member of the editing community. That, coupled with excellent editing skills and a logical mind earned him Editall/CatMV in May 1999 and Meta in August 1999.
- R. P. BenDedek (19 February 2012). "New Contributors to Magic City Morning Star News". Magic City Morning Star. Retrieved 9 July 2017.
Ken Anderson, the Owner and Operator of Magic City Morning Star News
- "Jasmine Directory". Web Directory Reviews Org. Archived from the original on 21 June 2017. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- Davies, Dave. "Major & Secondary Internet Directories". Beanstalk Internet Marketing. Beanstalk Internet Marketing Inc. Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- Jasmine Directory at the Wayback Machine (archived June 17, 2017)
- Forest LLC, Tom (17 May 2016). "Directory Submission Sites Google (Still) Likes". Search Engine Journal. Archived from the original on 6 November 2017.
- Majar, Navila; Manzoor, Navid (October 2016). "Internet Information Resource Book - Guide to Search Engines, Directories, Online Archives" (PDF). AIRS. 1 (1): 39.
- "High-Quality Directories and How They Add Value to the Web". SEO Chat. Retrieved 9 July 2017.
Below I am listing selected directories that are still driving value to your website (if you are listed there) but more importantly, provide valuable user experience.
- Hessinger, Shawn (24 April 2018). "Where Can You Advertise for Free? - Small Business Trends". Small Business Trends. Retrieved 19 May 2018.
Jasmine Directory is a selective directory that can take up to 24 hours for to decide whether to include your business.
[edit | edit source]
This article "Jasmine Directory" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Jasmine Directory/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.