Jason Kandybowicz (born 1978) is an American linguist. He received his Ph.D. from UCLA in 2006 and is Associate Professor of Linguistics at The Graduate Center, CUNY, a position he has held since 2015... Professor Kandybowicz has researched several endangered and understudied West African languages, including Nupe, Krachi, Ikpana and Asante Twi. Working within the generative grammar framework, he has written several important books  and scientific journal articles about Niger-Congo languages and the syntax-phonology interface. He has made a number of media appearances, including interviews for podcasts and the British Broadcasting Company
- Scientist podcast interview
- BBC World Service interview
- Jason Kandybowicz's website
- Works by Jason Kandybowicz in libraries (WorldCat catalog)
- (2008) The Grammar of Repetition: Nupe Grammar at the Syntax-Phonology Interface
- (2017) Africa's Endangered Languages: Documentary and Theoretical Approaches (with Harold Torrence)
- (2017) On Prosodic Variation and the Distribution of Wh- In-situ. Linguistic Variation 17: 111-148.
- (2015) Wh- Question Formation in Krachi (with Harold Torrence). Journal of African Languages and Linguistics 36: 253-286.
- (2015) On Prosodic Vacuity and Verbal Resumption in Asante Twi. Linguistic Inquiry 46: 243-272.
- (2013) Ways of Emphatic Scope Taking: from Emphatic Assertion in Nupe to the Grammar of Emphasis. Lingua 128: 51-71.
- (2009) Embracing Edges: Syntactic and Phono-syntactic Edge Sensitivity in Nupe. Natural Language and Linguistic Theory 27: 305-344.
- (2007) On Fusion and Multiple Copy Spell-Out: The Case of Verbal Repetition. In Norbert Corver and Jairo Nunes (eds.) The Copy Theory of Movement, pp. 119-150. John Benjamins Publishing Company.
- (2008) Externalization and Emergence: On the Status of Parameters in the Minimalist Program. Biolinguistics 3: 94-99.
- (2003) On Directionality and the Structure of the Verb Phrase: Evidence from Nupe (with Mark C. Baker). Syntax 6: 115-155.
- "Jason Kandybowicz". www.gc.cuny.edu. Retrieved 2017-09-07.
- [https://www.nsf.gov/news/news_summ.jsp?cntn_id=132370 National Science Foundation public awards announcement
- [http://news.ku.edu/2014/04/14/ku-scholars-see-value-preserving-africas-endangered-languages University of Kansas feature article
- "The grammar of repetition : Nupe grammar at the syntax-phonology interface /". worldcat.org. Retrieved 2017-09-07.
- Jason Kandybowicz CV
- "Scientist podcast interview". scientistpodcast.org. Retrieved 2019-04-24.
- "BBC interview for International Mother Tongue Day. Episode: "Nigeria's 'Democracy' Buses". Original air date: Feb. 21, 2019". bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-04-24.
- "The Grammar of Repetition". benjamins.com. Retrieved 2017-09-07.
- "The Grammar of Repetition Book Review". Journal of African Languages and Linguistics. 32 (1). 2011. doi:10.1515/jall.2011.005. ISSN 1613-3811.
- Africa's Endangered Languages: Documentary and Theoretical Approaches. Oxford, New York: Oxford University Press. 2017-08-07. ISBN 9780190256340. Search this book on
- "On Prosodic Variation and the Distribution of Wh- In-situ". benjamins.com. Retrieved 2017-09-07.
- Torrence, Harold; Kandybowicz, Jason (2015-12-01). "Wh- question formation in Krachi". Journal of African Languages and Linguistics. 36 (2). doi:10.1515/jall-2015-0011. ISSN 1613-3811.
- Kandybowicz, Jason (2015-04-01). "On Prosodic Vacuity and Verbal Resumption in Asante Twi". Linguistic Inquiry. 46 (2): 243–272. doi:10.1162/LING_a_00181. ISSN 0024-3892.
- Kandybowicz, Jason (2013-05-01). "Ways of emphatic scope-taking: From emphatic assertion in Nupe to the grammar of emphasis". Lingua. SI: Polarity emphasis: distribution and locus of licensing. 128: 51–71. doi:10.1016/j.lingua.2012.10.017.
- Kandybowicz, Jason (2009-05-01). "Embracing edges: syntactic and phono-syntactic edge sensitivity in Nupe". Natural Language & Linguistic Theory. 27 (2): 305–344. doi:10.1007/s11049-009-9064-6. ISSN 0167-806X.
- "On Fusion and Multiple Copy Spell-Out". benjamins.com. Retrieved 2017-09-07.
- Kandybowicz, Jason (2009-01-20). "Externalization and Emergence: On the Status of Parameters in the Minimalist Program". Biolinguistics. 3 (1): 093–098. ISSN 1450-3417.
- Kandybowicz, Jason; Baker, Mark C. (2003-08-01). "On Directionality and the Structure of the Verb Phrase: Evidence from Nupe". Syntax. 6 (2): 115–155. doi:10.1111/1467-9612.00058. ISSN 1467-9612.
This article "Jason Kandybowicz" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Jason Kandybowicz. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.