Script error: No such module "Draft topics". Script error: No such module "AfC topic". Script error: No such module "AfC submission catcheck".
|Industry||Visual effects, Computer-generated imagery, Feature animation|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Number of locations
Area served 🗺️
|Phil Dobree (CEO/Founder)|
Luke Dodd (COO)
Ben Leaver (Founder)
Barry Evans (Founder)
Number of employees
Jellyfish Pictures is a British VFX company specializing in the creation of digital visual effects and animation.
The studio opened up in 2001 with a team of three artists and one producer, opening up their first studio around 2003 in Poland Street, Soho. In 2005, they started their first long form TV series on the Story of One with Monty Python’s Terry Jones. In 2017, Jellyfish expanded their studio by making Jellyfish Originals on producing various original shows like Ivy and the Inklings and Hughman. One year later, Jellyfish also announced their collab with Jollywise to produce an animated series call Stan & Gran.
In 2020, a studio division in Sheffield was opened up and overseen by animation director Kevin Spruce with an animated film in production, possibly Spirit Untamed. Due to the COVID pandemic however, workers have to animated at home following this experience. During the same year, they made the animation for DreamWorks' How to Train Your Dragon: Homecoming and won an Annie award for Best Animated Special Production and nominated for Outstanding Achievement for Animated Effects in an Animated Television/Broadcast Production and Outstanding Achievement for Character Animation in an Animated Television / Broadcast Production.
In 2021, Jellyfish Pictures has produced two DreamWorks films which while their main production was Spirit Untamed, they were also in charge of Production Assist support for The Boss Baby: Family Business, which the animation was only produced from DWA Glendale.
|The Story of 1||2005||BBC||Documentary|
|Fight for Life||July 9, 2007||BBC One||TV Series|
|Planet Dinosaur||September 14, 2011||BBC
|||TV Animated Series|
|Doctor Who||November 23, 2013||BBC One
Day of the Doctor Special
|Your Inner Fish||2014||Tangled Bank Studios
|||TV Animated Series|
|Floogals||January 15, 2016||Nevision Studios
Zodiak Kids Studios
|||TV Animated Series|
|Dennis & Gnasher: Unleashed!||November 6, 2017||Beano Studios
|Bitz & Bob||March 12, 2018||BBC Children's Productions
FremantleMedia Kids & Family
Boat Rocker Rights
|The Innocents||August 24, 2018||Netflix
|Watchmen||October 20, 2019||HBO
Warner Bros. Television
|How to Train Your Dragon: Homecoming||December 3, 2019||DreamWorks Animation
|||TV Animation Special|
|Gangs of London||April 23, 2020||Sky Atlantic
NBCUniversal Global Distribution
Series Finale Only
|White Lines||May 15, 2020||Netflix
Left Bank Pictures
Sony Pictures Television
|Hanna||July 3, 2020||NBCUniversal International Studios
Working Title Television
Season 2 only
|Sex Education||September 17, 2021||Netflix
Season 3 only
|The Book of Boba Fett||December 29, 2021||Disney+
21 Laps Entertainment
Season 4 only
|Ivy and the Inklings||TBA||Bomanbridge Media||||TV Animated Series|
|Stan & Gran||Jollywise|||
|Battle of the Bugs||Alpha Group|||
Live Action VFX
|Kingsman: The Secret Service||February 13, 2015||20th Century Fox
|Rogue One: A Star Wars Story||December 16, 2016||Lucasfilm Ltd.|
|Star Wars: The Last Jedi||December 15, 2017|
|Solo: A Star Wars Story||May 25, 2018|||
|Captive State||March 15, 2019||Focus Features
|Fear Street Part One: 1994||July 2, 2021||Netflix
|Trolls World Tour||April 10, 2021||DreamWorks Animation
|Marketing Custom Animation Services with Minimo VFX|
|Spirit Untamed||June 4, 2021||||Production Services|
|The Boss Baby: Family Business||July 2, 2021||Asset Production Services|
|Untitled film based on a novel from Roald Dahl||TBA||Netflix||Production Services|
|2020||How to Train Your Dragon: Homecoming||Best Animated Special Production||DreamWorks Animation||Won|
|Outstanding Achievement for Character Animation in an Animated Television / Broadcast Production||Manuel Reyes Halaby, Cristiana Covone, Koya Masubuchi, Jean Claude Nouchy, Dustin Henning||Nominated|
|2022||Spirit Untamed||Best Storyboarding||Gary Graham||Pending|
- "Jellyfish Pictures Expands Northern Presence with New Studio in Sheffield".
- Kaushik, Parth (2020-08-12). "Exclusive: Jellyfish Pictures CEO Phil Dobree talks about remote pipelines, virtual technology and future plans in a candid interview". AnimationXpress. Retrieved 2021-07-29.
- Milligan, Mercedes (December 12, 2019). "Jellyfish Pics Grows into World's Largest Virtual VFX & Animation Studio".
- Team, AnimationXpress (August 1, 2017). "Jellyfish Pictures nominated for news and documentary Emmy award".
- "[TRAILER] DreamWorks' 'Spirit Untamed' Rides Free". Rotoscopers. 2021-04-09. Retrieved 2021-07-13.
- Woolfe, Jennifer (5 September 2014). "Jellyfish Producing 'Floogals' for Sprout".
- Known as CBeebies Production for the first season.
- "Jellyfish Pictures Faces off with 'The Innocents' for Netflix". 24 August 2018.
- "Jellyfish Pictures Expands Global Operations with New Cloud-Based Technology". Animation World Network.
- "Jellyfish Pictures and Bomanbridge Media Ink Deal for 'Ivy & The Inklings'". Animation World Network.
- "Jellyfish Pictures Announces Partnership with Jollywise". Animation World Network.
- "Jellyfish Originals and Alpha Group China sign co-production deal for 'Battle of the Bugs' at MIPCOM 2020". 12 October 2020.
- "Kingsman Almost Had This Badass Flashback Sequence". 25 February 2015.
- "SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY - The Art of VFXThe Art of VFX". www.artofvfx.com. 12 May 2018. Archived from the original on April 14, 2020. Retrieved January 1, 2019.
- "2019 Icebreakers: Hot Winter VFX". 13 December 2018.
- "Equine Majesty: Elaine Bogan and Her DreamWorks Team Bring Artistic Horsepower to 'Spirit Untamed'". June 2021.
- "DreamWorks Animation Returns to the Frontier in 'Spirit Untamed'". Animation World Network.
- "'Klaus' Wins Big at Annie Awards for Animation". 25 January 2020.
This article "Jellyfish Pictures" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Jellyfish Pictures. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.