Brandt at Entrepreneurs' Organization
|Born||August 24, 1978|
Jeremy Brandt (born August 24, 1978) is an American serial entrepreneur and the Founder of We Buy Houses, Fast Home Offer, 1-800-CashOffer, and Calucro. He is a regular contributor to Forbes and other media outlets where he speaks on real estate and entrepreneurship.
During the dot-com boom, Brandt was active in the Dallas technology community and served as a Director of Infrastructure for the eBusiness consulting company Scient.
Fast Home Offer
After the dot-com bust Brandt began buying, fixing, and selling houses in Texas. He then founded Fast Home Offer, a technology company that uses the Internet to connect home owners who want to sell quickly with qualified real estate agents and investors.
Brandt founded 1-800-CashOffer to offer marketing, branding and training services to real estate professionals.
We Buy Houses
In 2012 Brandt purchased the company We Buy Houses, widely touted as the most prevalent brand in the world for residential real estate investing. In 2013 he re-launched the company, catering to all aspects of the real estate investor lifecycle.
Brandt is an active member in Entrepreneurs' Organization, a global non-profit for entrepreneurs. He is a board member and has served as President of the Dallas chapter and is a founder of the Fort Worth chapter. He is currently Chair of the Global Governance Committee.
Brandt opposes the use of Bandit Signs by real estate investors. He states they are often posted illegally on telephone poles or street corners, create litter, can be intentionally confusing to consumers, and are often used by scam artists or novice house flippers.
Short Sale Fraud
In 2011, Brandt exposed extensive fraud by banks demanding kickbacks from real estate agents to approve a short sale, threatening to foreclose if they were not paid. The story was covered by CNBC and others. The fraud exposure included recorded phone conversations with bank employees making kick-back demands of real estate agents, and suggesting the payments be made outside of the HUD-1 settlement form, a clear violation of RESPA laws.
- "Selling Homes The Short-er Way". Retrieved 2 Jun 2011.
- "We Buy Houses Press Release". Retrieved 6 Jun 2013.
- "EO Dallas Board of Directors". Retrieved 2 Jun 2011.
- "EO Fort Worth". Archived from the original on 2012-06-28. Retrieved 3 Apr 2012. Unknown parameter
- "Bloomberg Executives". Retrieved 28 Jun 2018.
- "Larry King Live: Foreclosures". Retrieved 2 Jun 2011.
- "Strategic Mortgage Defaults". Retrieved 2 Jun 2011.
- "Experts share home market views". USA Today. May 1, 2008. Retrieved 2 Jun 2011.
- "Homeowners confusing 'We Buy Houses' signs with nationwide company". Retrieved 23 Jul 2018.
- "Big Banks Accused of Short-Sale Fraud". Retrieved 2 Jun 2011.
This article "Jeremy Brandt" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Jeremy Brandt. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.