Jessaja Mweshipopya is a Namibian ice stock player.
Mweshipopya started playing in 2006 for the Deutsche Turn- und Sportverein (DTS). 2010 he moved to Windhoek Bowling Club. He is one on the best players in Namibia; As of 2020[update] he has played 98 times for the Namibian national team, which won the Africa Cup on four occasions, latest in 2019 in Nairobi, Kenya.
Mweshipopya was born on 3 April 1974 in Eenhana in northern Namibia. He is a Kwanyama of the Ovambo people. He started playing ice stock in 2006. Mweshipopya is a gardener by profession. He supplements his income with amateur photography.
- Gröbner, Thomas (16 March 2020). "Die Daubenjäger aus Swakopmund" [The Daube chasers from Swakopmund]. Süddeutsche Zeitung (in Deutsch).
- "Icestocksport Association of Namibia". www.detlef.iway.na. Retrieved 1 September 2020.
- "Icestock team dominates at 8th African Championships". Namibia Economist. 11 September 2019.
- Winterer, Beate (5 March 2012). "Namibia bei der Eisstock-WM: "Das Eis bei euch ist großartig!"" [Namibia at the ice stock world championship: "The ice your side is fantastic!"]. tz (in Deutsch).
- Kratzer, Hans (11 March 2012). "Mweshipopyas großer Auftritt" [Mweshipopya's big day]. Süddeutsche Zeitung (in Deutsch).
- "Manspan hou naam hoog in Duitsland" [Mens' team holds name high in Germany]. Republikein. 19 March 2020.
- Brehme, Michael (6 March 2012). "Namibias WM-Team: Der Traum vom Eisstockschießen" [Namibia's world cup team: The dream of ice stock shooting]. Heilbronner Stimme (in Deutsch).
Category:Ovambo people Category:Sportspeople from Windhoek Category:African Games gold medalists for Namibia Category:Winter sports in Africa
This article "Jessaja Mweshipopya" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Jessaja Mweshipopya. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.