Jesuit Institute South Africa
This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Merger of||Centre for Ignatian Spirituality|
|Type||Justice formation and advocacy|
|Fr. Russell Pollitt, SJ|
Jesuit Institute South Africa (JISA) is a social outreach organization in South Africa operated by the Society of Jesus. It offers spiritual formation and outreach programs intended to foster reflection and dialogue in the interest of bringing South African peoples together using Jesuit, Ignatian spirituality, and Catholic social teaching.
Services[edit | edit source]
The Jesuit Institute trains individuals and groups in critical analysis and advocacy relative to the political and socio-economic situation of the segments of South African society, bringing into dialogue the business, political, and educational sectors. It provides training in Christian social ethics through screenings, press releases, and lectures, along with presentations by the staff to business, political, and educational groups and NGOs, with a view to the unification and development of various sectors of South African society. The Institute also maintains a website relating Christian values to current issues in South Africa.
JISA offers spiritual retreats in the Ignatian tradition, with a view to forming "men and women for others". The retreats are 4, 8 or 30 days in length, along with parish-based retreats and the 6-month retreat in daily life.
Vuselela Ignatian Spirituality Centre was incorporated into the Jesuit Institute in 2007. It offers courses in spiritual direction.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Jesuit Institute of South Africa". berkleycenter.georgetown.edu. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- "The Politics of Hate: Xenophobia in the North West". The Jesuit Institute South Africa. 2016-04-21. Retrieved January 10, 2018.
- Screening. Accessed 2 May 2016.
- Press release. Accessed 2 May 2016.
- "Patrick Hornbeck Lecture at the Jesuit Institute". The Jesuit Institute South Africa. 6 April 2016. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- "Our Team". The Jesuit Institute South Africa. 2015-10-15. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- "The Jesuit Institute South Africa". The Jesuit Institute South Africa. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- "Men for Others". onlineministries.creighton.edu. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- "Who we are". The Jesuit Institute South Africa. 2016-02-26. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- "Memories of Mandela". Thinking Faith: The online journal of the Jesuits in Britain. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- Brown, Ryan (April 21, 2015). "In Africa's battle against AIDS, a key player hits a crossroads". Christian Science Monitor.
Lua error: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.
[edit | edit source]
Others articles of the Topic Catholicism : Catholic Church by continent, Catholic Church in Asia, A Tremor of Bliss, Catholic schools by order, Catholic education, Cannabis in Vatican City, Catholic Church in Australia
Others articles of the Topic South Africa : South African people, South African bloggers, South African record producers, South Africa–United States relations, South African musical groups, Troye Sivan, South Africa men's junior national softball team
This article "Jesuit Institute South Africa" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Jesuit Institute South Africa/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.