January 24, 1990|
Châteauguay, QC, CAN
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||209 lb (95 kg; 14 st 13 lb)|
|Ligue Magnus team|
EC Red Bull Salzburg
129th overall, 2008|
Toronto Maple Leafs
Search Joël Champagne on Amazon.
Joël Champagne (born January 24, 1990) is a Canadian professional ice hockey player. He is currently playing for the Hockey Club Amiens Somme in France. Champagne was selected by the Toronto Maple Leafs in the 5th round (129th overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
Prior to turning professional, Champagne played major junior hockey in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League for the Chicoutimi Sanguenéens, Prince Edward Island Rocket, Victoriaville Tigres, and the Québec Remparts.
Champagne played five regulation games for EC Red Bull Salzburg in the 2010 European Trophy.
Champagne was not signed by Toronto Maple Leafs, and on May 31, 2011, he signed an AHL contract with the Milwaukee Admirals.
After stints in the ECHL with the Cincinnati Cyclones and Reading Royals respectively, Champagne left North America as a free agent and signed a one-year contract with Scottish club Braehead Clan of the Elite Ice Hockey League (EIHL) on July 29, 2013. He made 58 appearances for the Clan, amassing 27 goals and 45 assists.
Prior to the 2014–15 season, Champagne was picked up by Hockey Club Amiens Somme of French top-flight Ligue Magnus. In June 2015, he had his contract renewed for the 2015–16 campaign.
- eliteprospects.com Joël Champagne
- Meister Red Bull Salzburg holt zwei neue Spieler
- Milwaukee Admirals 2011–12 season preview – Hockey's Future
- "Clan celebrate with Champagne". Braehead Clan. 2013-07-29. Archived from the original on 2013-09-19. Retrieved 2013-07-29.
- "Joël Champagne prolonge une saison – Les Gothiques". Les Gothiques (in français). Retrieved 2016-02-21.
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or ESPN.com, or Eurohockey.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey centre born in the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Joël Champagne" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Joël Champagne. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.