This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||John Allen Hill|
|Instruments||Native American-style flute|
Recording and performing career
Two-Hawks is featured as the vocalist and cedar flute player for the song "Creek Mary's Blood" on the Nightwish album Once. He also appeared on Nightwish's End of an Era CD/DVD, a recording of their live performance in Helsinki, Finland on October 21, 2005.
In 2007, Two-Hawks contributed to the soundtrack for the Emmy-nominated Television film, Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee. In 2009, four of his songs were used in the soundtrack for the film Gentlemen Broncos, and his album, Wind Songs, received a Grammy nomination.
Other collaborations include concerts and recordings with classical guitarist Charles Christian Hammer. He contributed music to the accompanying audio CD for How Not To Catch Fish and Other Adventures of Iktomi by Joseph M. Marshall III.
- Red and Blue Days (2000)
- Voices (June 2000)
- Good Medicine (March 2001) - has an accompanying book
- Traditions (September 2001) - with Manach (Seamus Byrne)
- Heal (July 2002)
- Peace on Earth (November 2003) - Christmas music
- Honor (March 2004)
- Wild Eagles DVD (2004) - part of the Cedar Lake Nature DVD series
- Signature Series 2-CD Set (April 2005)
- How Not To Catch Fish and Other Adventures of Iktomi (June 2005) - audio CD accompanying children's book by Joseph M. Marshall III
- Beauty Music (2006) - with Seamus Byrne and Charles Christian Hammer
- Come to the Fire (April 2006) - has an accompanying book
- Touch the Wind (2006) - with Bastiaan Pot
- Cedar Dreams (July 2007)
- Elk Dreamer (March 2008)
- of dirt and dreams (September 2008) - as The Badlanders with Van Adams
- Wind Songs (2009) - 2010 Grammy nominee for Best Native American Music Album
- Earth, Fire, Water, Wind (2010)
- Vision Seeker (2011)
- Heaven and Nature Sing (2011)
- The Wind of My Soul (2012)
- Beautiful World (2013)
- Horse Spirit (2014)
- Good Medicine (March 2001)
- Come to the Fire (April 2006)
- To Make a Voice (2008) - Includes bonus audio CD of "Black Cherry Moon" (Single)
- Staff reports (August 25, 2017). "John Two-Hawks at Shakti in the Mountains". Johnson City Press. Retrieved April 5, 2018.
- EOL Staff. News - Complete List of Nominees for the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards at Eonline. Dec. 2, 2009. Accessed 5 June 2015
- Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee (2007) Soundtracks at IMDb
- EOL Staff. News - Complete List of Nominees for the 59th Annual Emmy Awards at Eonline. July 19, 2007. Accessed 19 October 2015
- Gentlemen Broncos (2009) Soundtracks at IMDb
This article "John Two-Hawks" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:John Two-Hawks. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.