|Born||April 15, 1987|
|Awards||1998 - 1999 Tiger Sprint Championship, 2000 Sugarhill Sizzler Mini Sprint Championship, 2001 Rookie Of The Year at Hudson Speedway, 2002 Pro class Champion Indoor National Championship, 2003 350 Supermodified Championship, 2008 Big Block Super Series Championship, 2009 and 2010 VRMS Modified Championship, 2011 ISMA Star Classic Pole Winner, 2012 VRMS Championship, 2013 ISMA Star Classic Champion, 2014 Tri Track Open Modified Series Champion and 2nd ISMA Points, 2015 ISMA Sandusky "Hy Miler" Winner, 2016 PASS Modified Winner at Ace Speedway and Hickory Speedway, VRMS Winner at Monadnock, Oxford Plains and Twin State Speedway in Claremont, NH|
"Jonathan is one of the most talented racers in New England with a strong background in various racecars and equipment. His ability to prepare, set-up and win with racecars are second to none". - Rick Raducha of Driver Connection
- In 2016 Jon is competing in VRMS with wins at Twin State in Claremont, NH, Monadnock and Oxford Plains as well as competing in the inaugural year with the PASS Modified with wins at the prestigious race at Hickory Motor Speedway and Ace Speedway.
- In 2015 ISMA Sandusky Speedway "Hy Miler" winner driving for the Clyde Booth race team out of North Carolina.
- In 2014 the season brought another championship in the New England Tri Track Open Modified Series. This series is for "Open Competition" style modified racecars with talented drivers from North Carolina to Maine contending for the title. Jonathan won this convincingly. In ISMA Jon was the first runner up.
- In 2013 More ISMA Supermodified action and Modified Touring Series events with wins interspersed with a fabulous win at Star Speedway in "The Classic" for ISMA.
- In 2012 Jonathan joined with Modified team owner Art Barry to secure his 3rd Modified Series championship.
- In 2011 Jonathan would contest events in the ISMA Supermodifieds, NASCAR Tour Modified, and VRMS Modified with several wins.
- In 2009 & 2010 Memorable Dual Championships in VRMS with 4 wins in each year
- In 2008 McKennedy raced both the Tour Type Modifieds and the ISMA Supermodifieds (Big Block Super Series) at All - Star Speedway in Epping, NH. He racked up over 9 wins total at All - Star Speedway and won the ISMA (Big Block Super Series) Championship, edging out and getting ahead of Veteran Chris Perley during the last race of the season for the Big Block Super Series. Also in 2008 Jon finished top 5 in most of the races he competed during the Modified Racing Series schedule. In the Tour Type Modifieds 2008 schedule for All - Star Speedway Jon was more focused on the True Value Modified Series. Although he finished 15th of 33 cars for the 2008 points for the Tour Type Modifieds, McKennedy finished 4th of 30 cars for the Modified Series Showdown including 4 races throughout the 2008 racing schedule.
- In 2006 and 2007 Selected NASCAR Modified Tour & VRMS Races with multiple top 10 finishes
- In 2005 Jon ran some Whelen Tour Modified races and some Modified Racing Series races. Jon made his ISMA Supermodified debut in 2005 behind the wheel of Paul Dunigans' Supermodifieds, running a couple of races finishing 6th at Seekonk Speedway (MA). He was named the ISMA Rookie of the Year at the age of 18.
- In 2004 Jon ran a 350 Supermodified and finished 2nd in Points.
- In 2003 McKennedy won the 350 ISMA Supermodified Classic at Star Speedway, was 350 Supermodified Champion, and finished 8th in NASCAR Short Track N.E. Region.
- In 2002 Jon was Pro class Champion Indoor National Championship, and 6th place in 350 Supermodified standings, rookie of the year.
- In 2001 winning all 4 races at the open Indoor National Championship, 5 four cylinder wins at Hudson Speedway at the age of 14, Rookie of the Year.
- In 2000 Jon Became the Sugarhill Sizzler Mini Sprint Champion.
- In 1998 and 1999 Jon won the Tiger Sprint Champion.
Motorsports career results[edit | edit source]
NASCAR[edit | edit source]
(key) (Bold – Pole position awarded by qualifying time. Italics – Pole position earned by points standings or practice time. * – Most laps led.)
Whelen Southern Modified Tour[edit | edit source]
|NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour results|
[edit | edit source]
McKennedy Jon McKennedy driver statistics at Racing-Reference
References[edit | edit source]
|This biographical article related to NASCAR is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Jon McKennedy" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Jon McKennedy. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.