|Born||April 19, 1974|
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Joshua Fernandez|
Joshua Fernandez (born April 19, 1974), is a Malaysian film director who believes in creative collaboration. Quoted from an article in the News Stratis Times dated August 1998, he said "Creativity is not the domain of one single person. Through free-association of thoughts and brainstorming, an accidental suggestion can be the best solution". is a quotation that would best sum his creative method/approach.
He first started working in the film industry in December 1995 and made his directorial debut in April 2000. Directing TV Commercials, specializing in Visual Effects type scripts. He worked with Dentsu and Boo Films Sdn Bhd.
In 2009, Joshua was commissioned to design and develop a coffee table book for a private art collection. Officially launched by the Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin in June 2010, the book, MALAYSIAN CONTEMPORARY ART :: The AFK Collection is considered by many to be Malaysia's definitive contemporary art collection. Featuring art works from over 80 contemporary artist, this 1000 page book "possibly the largest publication of its kind in Asia, art book or otherwise" ~ ( as quoted by The Star Sunday, June 6, 2010) has a layout spread of 2.2 ft and weighs in at over 10 kg.
Deep House Society is a project of Kuala Lumpur dj legend DJ Gabriel and good friend Joshua Fernandez. Producing dance music specifically Deep House the duo has gone produced and release a number of tracks. The first released was a Deep House cover version of INXS Need You Tonight, with Joshua on vocals under Love International.
Joshua is also the elder brother to JJ of Red fm and Zabrina Fernandez, winner of the first season of The Amazing Race Asia; a popular reality TV series. His father Vincent Fernandez was a teacher and legendary hockey coach from St. John's Institution in Kuala Lumpur was also a radio sports announcer for over 40 years on RTM's English radio station 'Radio 4' from the 1960s till the early 2000s.
- "It takes two bright sparks to BOO". New Straits Times. Aug 23, 1998. p. 30. Retrieved 6 June 2011.
- Sleeping Beauty (video).
- TMnet - Spaceship (video).
- "Joshua Fernandez". www.facebook.com.
- "Big and Beautiful". The Star. Jun 6, 2010. Archived from the original on 2012-10-19. Unknown parameter
- "DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER LAUNCHES A FITTING TRIBUTE TO MALAYSIAN CONTEMPORARY ART". Tourism Malaysia. Jun 7, 2010. Archived from the original on 2012-03-23. Unknown parameter
- "Traxsource.com". www.traxsource.com.
- "The Famous Malaysian DJ - JJ and his family". Archived from the original on 2012-03-20. Unknown parameter
- "Zabrina Fernandez". World News.
- "Prime Minister renames school field after teacher". The Star. May 16, 2014.
Awards & Accreditations
This article "Joshua Fernandez" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Joshua Fernandez. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.