Joli in 2011
|Born||July 16, 1980|
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
|Hope, Swan, Swan Hope, Erin Swan, Justine Jolie|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|💪 Weight||114 lb (52 kg; 8.1 st) 114 lb (52 kg; 8.1 st)|
In 2000, Joli was working in the Glendale Galleria when she was noticed by adult film director Kris Kramski and asked if she was interested in doing some modeling. Joli claims that Kramski's ulterior motive was to get her into a threesome with him and his girlfriend but that she was only interested in the girlfriend and not him. Joli did not end up working with Kramski, but Kramski did pass her audition photos along to adult industry talent scout Roy Garcia, who promptly found work for her in adult modeling and films. Her first shoot was with Stephen Hicks. Joli notes that her mother drove her to her audition and all of her jobs for the first six months of her career because: "I was terrified to drive there".
At the beginning of her career, she worked extensively in men's magazines, appearing in numerous issues of Penthouse and Hustler, shooting six days a week for six months. She appeared on the cover of the March 2002 issue of Hustler and was the September 2007 Penthouse Pet of the Month. Joli was named Penthouse Pet of the Year Runner-Up in the May Issue of Penthouse magazine. She was also a popular web model, appearing on sites such as ALS Scan, Matt's Models, and Danni's Hard Drive.
Her first film shoot was for Andrew Blake. During her first several years in adult films, she appeared mainly under the names "Swan" and "Hope", though in her appearances in Blake's films, she appeared simply as "Justine". Eventually, she adopted the name "Justine Joli". "Joli" was a pet name she had for one of her old lovers and means "pretty" in French, while "Justine" comes from her obsession with the Marquis de Sade character, Justine.
Joli describes herself as bisexual (being "60/40" in her preference toward men and women, respectively) in real life and is particularly noted as a girl-girl actress in adult films. She did not perform any boy-girl scenes in an adult film, stating "I'm not comfortable doing boy/girl". However, early in her career, she did do explicit heterosexual photosets with porn photographer Peter Romero for the website POV Porn, though these photos were later removed from the site at her request. Joli also appears alone in many movies and photosets, either as a glamour or fetish model or in solo masturbation scenes. She has also done some BDSM porn, and, in her personal life, she has described herself as "hardcore sub".
Joli is also captured in Edouard Salier's short movie Flesh, which describes the life and death of Manhattan during a fictional 9/11. She also appeared (along with adult film stars Charlotte Stokely, Charmane Star, Erika Vution, and Stacey Adams) in the blaxploitation spoof Black Dynamite. She starred in the 2010 Nerdcore Horror Calendar.
Joli was cast in the role of Caligula's wife, Caesonia, in the Off Broadway theatre production Caligula Maximus, which was scheduled to run at New York's Ellen Stewart Theatre in March–April 2010. She garnered the role after working as a burlesque dancer at a New York performance venue (The Box) run by Randy Weiner, the play's co-producer and co-writer.
As of 2014[update], Joli was the owner and operator of a medical marijuana business called Green Fairy Edibles which produced cannabis-infused beef jerky. She stated in an April 2015 AVN article that she supplies as much as 1,000 ounces of jerky to marijuana dispensaries a month.
Joli is a self described geek with a love of anime, science fiction, Macs, and cartoons. She is also into nude sports, such as naked bungee jumping and naked whitewater rafting. She was romantically involved with adult film director D. Cypher for several years.
Awards and nominations
|2006||AVN Award||Nominated||Best Tease Performance||Blue Erotica|
|Nominated||Best All-Girl Sex Scene – Video (with Jade Starr)||Kill Girl Kill 2|
|2007||AVN Award||Nominated||Best All-Girl Sex Scene – Video (with Sarah Blake)||All About Keri|
|Nominated||Best Solo Sex Scene||Atomic Vixens|
|2008||AVN Award||Nominated||Best All-Girl Sex Scene, Video (with Jenna Jameson & Janine)||Janine Loves Jenna|
|Nominated||Best Solo Sex Scene||Corrupted by Justine Joli|
|2009||AVN Award||Nominated||Best All-Girl Couples Sex Scene (with Marie Luv)||By Appointment Only 6|
|2011||AVN Award||Nominated||Best All-Girl Couples Sex Scene (with Melissa Monet)||River Rock Women's Prison|
|Nominated||Most Outrageous Sex Scene (with Kayden Kross & Claire Adams)||The Perfect Secretary: Training Day|
|2012||AVN Award||Nominated||Best Girl/Girl Sex Scene (with Syd Blakovich)||Taxi|
|Nominated||Best Solo Sex Scene||Taxi 2|
|2014||AVN Award||Nominated||All-Girl Performer of the Year||N/A|
|Nominated||Most Outrageous Sex Scene (with Aiden Starr, Dana Vespoli & Chad Diamond)||Fluid|
|XBIZ Award||Nominated||Best Actress—All-Girl Release||Shades of Pink|
- "Autobiographical sketch". Official website. Archived from the original on 2006-03-07. Retrieved 2007-05-26.
- "justine joli". Internet Adult Film Database. Archived from the original on September 24, 2015. Retrieved March 4, 2015. Unknown parameter
- "Pets Bio: Justine Joli". Penthouse Mobile. Retrieved 2008-07-27.[dead link]
- "Justine Joli" by Bob Schultz, Glamourcon.com, August 2005
- Christina (2008-01-11). "Interview with Justine Joli". Adult Industry Press. Retrieved 2008-04-21.
- Justine Joli (September 5, 2007). "JUSTINE JOLI: The Naked Nerd!". Adult DVD Talk (podcast). Retrieved 2 September 2016.
- Augusta Hope (2006-09-19). "Justine Joli". Eros Zine. Archived from the original on 2007-09-29. Retrieved 19 June 2010.
- "Justine Interview", HardcoreGossip.com, October 31, 2003[dead link]
- "Hustlerworld Interview: Justine Joli" by pjohnson, Hustlerworld (blog), April 13, 2006, Accessed 2007-10-16[dead link]
- Peter Warren. "Justine Joli Cast in Off-Broadway Take on Caligula". AVN. Retrieved 3 September 2016.
- "Justine Joli – Penthouse Pet of the Month – September 2007", Penthouse.com, September 2007, Accessed 2007-10-18[dead link]
- Swan, Bob's Picks (website), 2004[dead link]
- Sam Sugar (September 9, 2005). "Justine Joli, The Seduction King and Katrina". Podnography (podcast). Archived from the original on 2007-10-13, (page links to MP3 audio files) Unknown parameter
- Bussel, Rachel Kramer (2006-03-07). "Hot Sex With a Porn Director". The Village Voice. Archived from the original on 2017-02-22. Retrieved 2016-09-12. Unknown parameter
- Kernes, Mark (April 17, 2015). "CNBC Discovers the Connection Between Porn and Pot". Adult Video News. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- Lainie Speiser (1 June 2011). Confessions of the Hundred Hottest Porn Stars. Fair Winds Press. pp. 204–205. ISBN 978-1-59233-477-3. Retrieved 2 September 2016. Search this book on
- "Opie and Anthony Headlines". foundrymusic.com. Retrieved 2007-08-18.[dead link]
- "Opie and Anthony Headlines". foundrymusic.com. Retrieved 2007-12-12.[dead link]
- "Black Dynamite". IMDb. 13 January 2010. Retrieved 3 September 2016.
- "Ladies of Leisure". 2011. Archived from the original on 20 December 2008. Retrieved 2 September 2016.
- "Life on Top". IMDb. 3 October 2009. Retrieved 3 September 2016.
- "Life at the Top". Cinemax. Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- Johnson, Clifford Lee (22 March 2010). "Caligula Maximus". www.backstage.com.
- "CALIGULA MAXIMUS At Ellen Stewart Theatre Completes Extended Run 4/17". Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- French, Alex (2008-11-21). "Has The Box Owner Simon Hammerstein Crossed the Line From Crass to Criminal? -- New York Magazine - Nymag". New York Magazine. Retrieved 8 December 2019.
- Morris, Chris (17 April 2015). "Porn and pot: The new business bedfellows". CNBC. Retrieved 8 December 2019.
- "AVN AWARDS 2006 NOMINEES" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on December 6, 2006. Retrieved 2013-12-14. Unknown parameter
- "AVN AWARDS 2007 NOMINEES". Archived from the original on April 23, 2007. Retrieved 2013-01-19. Unknown parameter
- "The 2008 AVN Awards Nominations" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on December 30, 2008. Retrieved 2013-12-14. Unknown parameter
- "NOMINATIONS 2009 AVN Adult Movie Awards" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on January 5, 2009. Retrieved 2013-12-14. Unknown parameter
- Nominations for the 2011 AVN Awards. Retrieved December 14, 2013.
- AVN AWARDS 2012 – NOMINATIONS. Retrieved December 14, 2013.
- "2014 AVN Award Nominees". AVN Awards. Retrieved 2013-12-14.
- "Nominees". XBIZ Awards. Retrieved 2013-12-14.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Justine Joli.|
- Official website
- Justine Joli on IMDb
- Justine Joli at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Justine Joli at the Adult Film Database
This article "Justine Joli" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Justine Joli. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.