|11th President of the Bharatiya Janata Party in the state of Kerala|
|Assumed office |
15 February 2020
|Preceded by||P. S. Sreedharan Pillai|
10 March 1970
Ulliyeri, Kozhikode district, Kerala, India
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Alma mater||University of Calicut|
K. Surendran (born 10 March 1970) is an Indian politician from Kasargod district in the state of Kerala. He currently serves as the 11th President of the Bharatiya Janata Party in the state.
K. Surendran was born to Kunjiraman and Kalyani Amma on 10 March 1970 in Ulliyeri, Kozhikode district in Kerala, India. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry from Zamorin's Guruvayurappan College, Kozhikode. He started his political career through Akhila Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad, the student wing of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh. During the earlier years of his political career he held various positions such as Director North Malabar District Co-operative Marketing Society, President, Desa Seva Samskarika Kendram, Founder Director Board member National Yuva co operative Society and Advisory Board member Nehru Yuva Kendra. He had moved to Kasaragod many years ago, and learnt Tulu and Kannada languages to better communicate with the local people. Surendran is married to Sheeba K. and the couple has two children: Harikrishnan K S, Gayathri Devi K S.
- "Surendran, the aggressive face of BJP in Kerala, appointed state president". The New Indian Express.
- "BJP appoints K. Surendran as its president in Kerala". The Week.
- Nair, N. j (15 February 2020). "Factionalism the main challenge" – via www.thehindu.com.
- "K Surendran assumes charge as Kerala BJP state chief; senior leaders of rival faction stay away". The New Indian Express.
- Surendran, K. "About Me". K Surendran. Retrieved 31 May 2017.
- "Biodata of Mr. K. Surendran (BJP)", Kerala Assembly Election DATABASE, Government of Kerala, retrieved 6 August 2016
This article "K.surendran" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:K.surendran. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.