Ka Karoon Sajni Aaye Na Baalam
|"Ka Karoon Sajni Aye Na Baalam"|
|Single by Yesudas|
Ka Karoon Sajni Aye Na Baalam is a classical song of Hindustani classical music. It is a Thumri sung in the raaga, Sindh Bhairavi Thumri. It was popularised by legendary Hindustani vocalist, Bade Ghulam Ali Khan, Barkat Ali Khan, Bismillah Khan on shehnai, Pandit Ajoy Chakrabarty etc.
Bollywood[edit | edit source]
It was part of the Hindi film, Swami (1977), sung by Yesudas under the music direction of Rajesh Roshan. Yesudas was also nominated for the 1978 Filmfare Award for Best Male Playback Singer for the song. This song of Movie 'SWAMY' composed in raaga 'kirwani' which is a melakarta raaga but bringing the flavour of bhairavi into. Usually raaga 'kirwani' sung at night time and pictured at and on same mood. But the basic Ka karoon sajni thumri sung by Ustaad Bade Ghulaan Ali Khan sahab is composed in Bhairavi(sindh).
References[edit | edit source]
- "Not quite a Jugalbandhi". The Hindu. Retrieved 21 February 2012.
- "बड़े गुलाम अली खान: जिन्होंने गाने के लिए रफी और लता से 50 गुना फीस ली". Firstpost Hindi.
- "Magazine section: 'For me music is God'". The Tribune. October 15, 2005. Retrieved 2012-01-04.
- "Swami (1977)" – via www.imdb.com.
- "Filmfare Awards and Nominations" (PDF). Deep750. Retrieved 2012-01-04.
|This song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Ka Karoon Sajni Aaye Na Baalam" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Ka Karoon Sajni Aaye Na Baalam. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.