|Produced by||P. K. V. Sankaran and Arumugam|
M. N. Rajam
|Music by||M. S. Viswanathan|
|Cinematography||A. Soma Sundaram|
|Edited by||R. Devarajan|
|21 March 1974|
Search Kanmani Raja on Amazon. Kanmani Raja (
|Part of a series on|
Apple of my eye, my son) is a 1974 Indian Tamil-language drama directed by the duo Devaraj–Mohan. The film stars Sivakumar, Lakshmi, and M. N. Rajam in lead roles. The film's soundtrack was composed by M. S. Viswanathan.
Rich businesswoman Jayalakshmi (M. N. Rajam) is possessive over her only son Selvam (Sivakumar). Janaki (Lakshmi) comes from a poor family and meets Selvam while working as a shop assistant. The two fall in love and eventually marry with Jayalakshmi's approval. Tensions arise as Jayalakshmi's possessiveness turns into paranoia and drives a wedge between Janaki and Selvam.
- Sivakumar as Selvam
- Lakshmi as Janaki
- M. N. Rajam as Jayalakshmi
- Thengai Srinivasan as Muthumaalai
- Manorama as Ranjana
- Kumari Padmini as Vijaya
- Senthamarai as Janaki's father
- Usha as Kanchana
- 'Master' Raghuraman as Raja
- Art: Babu
- Makeup: V. Manickam and Sethu
- Costumes: P. Ramakrishnan and Nagarajan
- Stills: Simmaiyya and Anand
- Design: Dheenan
- Publicity: Elegant
- Processing: R. Parameshvaran by AVM film Laboratory
- Audiography (song): S. P. Ramanathan and R. Kannan
- Audiography (dialogue): V. S. M. Gopalram
- Re—Recording: J. J. Manickam
- Choreography: Saliem
Music was composed by M. S. Viswanathan and lyrics were written by Kannadasan. The playback singers consist of Pushpalatha, P. Suseela, L. R. Eswari, S. Janaki and S. P. Balasubramanyam.
|1||"Odam Kadalodum"||P. Suseela S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||Kannadasan||04:23|
|2||"Hey Machan"||L. R. Eswari S. Janaki||03:59|
|3||"Kadhal Vilayada"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam P. Suseela||04:14|
- "kanmani raja". cinestan. Retrieved 2020-02-12.
This article "Kanmani Raja" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Kanmani Raja. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.