Karmic Release Ltd.
|File:Karmic Release Logo.png|
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
|Website||[Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 665: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value). ]|
Karmic Release Ltd. is an American film production company founded by actor Nathan Purdee and producer Roberta Morris Purdee. Karmic Release films have received Emmy, Peabody, duPont-Columbia and Cine Golden Eagle awards, as well as a place on the Academy Award short list.
In the early 1990s Roberta Morris Purdee began producing films for Academy Award winning actor/director Lee Grant. Karmic Release began as a joint venture between Morris Purdee and husband, actor Nathan Purdee and has produced films, television specials, and new media for studios like HBO, Lifetime (TV network), PBS, Sesame Workshop, and Disney. Notable projects include the independent musical documentary Wallowitch & Ross: This Moment which was shortlisted for the Academy Award, the Kirk Douglas/Michael Douglas documentary A Father...A Son...Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Praying with Lior,  and the multi-Emmy and Peabody winning non-fiction Iraq War film Baghdad ER. In 2019 Fast Company named their Sesame Workshop special Talk, Listen, Connect one of the most socially impactful productions in Sesame Street history.
Recently Karmic Release has primarily produced independent films, supporting the careers of young directors like Jonathan Caouette and his duo of groundbreaking Tarnation films, and Taylor A. Purdee. Working closely with her son, Roberta and Taylor Purdee have produced two films together for Karmic Release, the documentary This is Honduras, and the musical film Killian & the Comeback Kids starring both Taylor and Nathan Purdee. In addition to developing new films the company also works to preserve and support older works, notably the documentary films of Lee Grant and the music of John Wallowitch.
- "NATHAN PURDEE". www.eyeonsoaps.com.
- Call, PAUL WILLISTEIN, The Morning. "BETHLEHEM SCHOOLS SHOW THE WAY IN LIFETIME DOCUMENTARY ON CHILD-CARE". themorningcall.com.
- Loewenstein, Lael; Loewenstein, Lael (January 22, 1999). "Wallowitch & Ross: This Moment".
- "Talkin' Broadway - Cabaret Interview with John Wallowitch". www.talkinbroadway.com.
- "Praying with Lior - Faith can be Simple". www.prayingwithlior.com.
- Call, Kathy Lauer-Williams Of The Morning. "Valley woman produces HBO's graphic 'Baghdad ER'". themorningcall.com.
- "Acclaimed Local Female Filmmakers Focus of 'Artists Among Us' Roundtable Nov. 2 at SteelStacks — SteelStacks".
- Harris, Ainsley (October 28, 2019). "How Sesame Workshop tackles tough issues". Fast Company.
- Desk, BWW News. "New Movie About Life And Folk Rock, KILLIAN AND THE COMEBACK KIDS Features Stars From Daytime, Theater And NYC Musicians". BroadwayWorld.com.
- "Pennsylvania on the road". July 13, 2018.
- Piorkowski, Jeff (October 3, 2016). "Former University Heights resident to premier first documentary at Chagrin Film Festival". cleveland.
- "Scene And Heard". April 16, 2018.
- "Soap Vets Star In New Film". February 15, 2018.
- Wilson, Lori (February 22, 2018). "Soap Alums in 'Black Panther', 'Lost in Space', Indie Movies and Plays".
- "What Sex Am I?". May 2, 2017.
- "Wallowitch and Ross: This Moment". July 24, 2015.
This article "Karmic Release" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Karmic Release. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.