Katy Keene (season 1)
|Country of origin||United States|
Search Katy Keene (season 1) on Amazon.
Katy Keene is an upcoming American musical comedy-drama television series developed by Roberto Aquirre-Sacasa and Michael Grassi, based on the Archie Comics character of the same name. It chronicles the origins and struggles of four aspiring artists trying to make it on Broadway, on the runway and in the recording studio; and is a spin-off of Riverdale. The series is produced by Berlanti Productions, in association with Archie Comics, Warner Bros. Television, and CBS Television Studios.
Lucy Hale stars as Katy Keene, an aspiring fashion designer trying to navigate her way in New York City. Ashleigh Murray, Camille Hyde, Jonny Beauchamp, Julia Chan, Lucien Laviscount, Zane Holtz, and Katherine LaNasa also star. In January 2019, the series received a pilot order from The CW, to be considered for a series order in the 2019–20 television season. The series is filmed in New York City. The show was picked up to series in May 2019.
Cast and characters
- Lucy Hale as Katy Keene: An aspiring fashion designer, trying to navigate her way in New York City.
- Ashleigh Murray as Josie McCoy: A singer-songwriter, chasing her music dreams in the big Apple. This character was first introduced in Riverdale, except in this series she is of adult age.
- Jonny Beauchamp as Jorge/Ginger Lopez: An aspiring Broadway performer who wants to take his drag career to the next level.
- Julia Chan as Pepper Smith: An it girl with a mysterious background who wants to own the next fashion-empire. 
- Camille Hyde as Alexandra Cabot: A powerful New York socialite who is trying to work her way up her father's company.
- Lucien Laviscount as Alexander Cabot: The CEO of his father's company; who dreams of reopening a dead record label. 
- Zane Holtz as Ko Kelly: A boxer who dreams of fighting a welterweight championship in Madison Square Garden, who makes ends meet as a personal trainer and a bouncer, and Katy's longtime boyfriend.
- Katherine LaNasa as Gloria Grandbilt: A personal shopper at the luxury department store Lacy's, which caters to the rich and famous. 
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||U.S. viewers|
|1||1||Pilot||Maggie Kiley||Roberto Aquirre-Sacasa & Michael Grassi||2019||TBD|
Production and development
In August 2018, Roberto Aquirre-Sacasa revealed that another spin-off was in the works at The CW. He said that the potential spin-off would be "very different from Riverdale" and that it would be produced "in [the 2018–19] development cycle." On January 23, 2019, The CW issued an official pilot order for the series that will "[follow] the lives and loves of four iconic Archie Comics characters — including fashion legend-to-be Katy Keene — as they chase their twenty-something dreams in New York City. This musical dramedy chronicles the origins and struggles of four aspiring artists trying to make it on Broadway, on the runway and in the recording studio." On May 7, 2019, The CW ordered the show to series.
- "'Katy Keene': Lucy Hale To Star In Title Role In CW's 'Riverdale' Spinoff Pilot". Deadline Hollywood.
- "'Katy Keene': Jonny Beauchamp & Julia Chan To Star In CW's 'Riverdale' Spinoff". Deadline Hollywood.
- "'Katy Keene': Camille Hyde & Lucien Laviscount Join The CW's 'Riverdale' Spinoff Pilot". Deadline Hollywood.
- "'Katy Keene' CW Pilot Adds Zane Holtz And Katherine LaNasa". Deadline Hollywood.
- Otterson, Joe; Otterson, Joe (31 January 2019). "'Katy Keene' Pilot at CW Sets Maggie Kiley to Direct (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety.
- Andreeva, Nellie (January 23, 2019). "Riverdale & Jane Spinoffs, Nancy Drew & The Lost Boys Get the CW Pilot Orders". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved September 15, 2019.
- "'Riverdale' EP On Season 3 Reveals, "A Very Different" Spinoff In The Works & 'Sabrina' – TCA". Deadline Hollywood.
- "'Riverdale' & 'Jane' Spinoffs, 'Nancy Drew' & 'The Lost Boys' Get the CW Pilot Orders". Deadline Hollywood.
- "'Batwoman', 'Katy Keene' & 'Nancy Drew' Picked Up To Series By the CW, 'Glamorous' Still In Contention". Deadline Hollywood.
This article "Katy Keene (season 1)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Katy Keene (season 1). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.