|Born||1972 (age 48–49)|
Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
|🎓 Alma mater||University of Glamorgan (University of Glamorgan) (now the University of South Wales)|
Journalist and author
Keir Thomas (born 1972) is an English journalist and author specialising in computing. He also runs a poetry press in Manchester. He is from Bury, England, grew up in Manchester and was educated at Trinity C.E. High School and Xaverian College, before going on to receive a first class BA Hons degree from the University of Glamorgan (now the University of South Wales).
He started in journalism career in 1996, for British computer magazines at Future Publishing, Dennis Publishing and Ziff-Davis before moving on to edit several titles at Live Publishing. He edited PC Utilities, Linux User & Developer, PC Extreme, plus various spin-off titles. Magazines he was a staff member on include PC Plus, Computer Buyer and PC Direct. Thomas continues to write for several magazines, including Micro Mart, Writers' Forum and iCreate.
In 2004 Thomas wrote his first computer book, Beginning SUSE Linux (Apress). The following year he wrote Beginning Ubuntu Linux (Apress), which became the first English-language title to cover the fledgling operating system. It won a Linux Journal award and was a best-seller for its publisher.
Keir has also written Ubuntu Kung Fu (Pragmatic Bookshelf), Mac Kung Fu (Pragmatic Bookshelf) and Ubuntu Pocket Guide and Reference. He self-publishes and blogs for PC World, MacWorld and Cult of Mac.
As a "professional hobby" Thomas runs Puppywolf, an independent poetry press in Manchester, United Kingdom known for publishing local authors. Its flagship publication is Best of Manchester Poets (BoMP), a yearly anthology showcasing the best writing from new and established poets in the area.
- "Book review: Beginning SUSE Linux by Keir Thomas". Real Linux Geek blog. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Book review: Beginning SUSE Linux by Keir Thomas". About Linux.info. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Book review: Beginning Ubuntu Linux by Keir Thomas". Free Software Magazine. Archived from the original on 21 February 2014. Retrieved 5 February 2014. Unknown parameter
- "Beginning Ubuntu Linux: 2nd Edition book review". Linux User. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- Beginning Ubuntu Linux
- "Book Review: Mac Kung Fu For Mountain Lion by Keir Thomas". Mac Observer. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- "Mac Kung Fu (review)". BCS. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- "Articles by Keir Thomas | PCWorld". Archived from the original on 29 July 2013. Retrieved 1 August 2013. Unknown parameter
- Archive | Cult of Mac
This article "Keir Thomas" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Keir Thomas. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.