|Founder 👔||Karthik Sridharan|
|Headquarters 🏙️||New York, New York, USA|
Area served 🗺️
|Products 🎛️ 🧴||Business-to-Business Marketplace|
Number of employees
Kinnek is an American technology company, founded in 2012 by Karthik Sridharan and Rui Ma. It is currently headquartered in New York City.
Kinnek provides a business-to-business online marketplace through which small and medium businesses can connect with suppliers, manage purchasing operations, and maintain supplier relationships. Comparisons have been drawn with Chinese B2B giant Alibaba and India's largest online marketplace IndiaMART, connecting buyers and sellers.[not in citation given]
Using the platform, purchasing businesses post a request for a product – including details on price, specifications, quantity, and more – which is then filtered by various algorithms and presented to relevant suppliers, who may respond with customized quotes. After receiving their quotes, businesses may then select the supplier. Every supplier on Kinnek has a publicly accessible profile with ratings, comments, supplier information, and product offerings.
Kinnek is a Fall 2012 graduate of the AngelPad incubator, founded by Thomas Korte. In December 2012, Kinnek raised $3 million in seed funding.
In September 2014, Kinnek raised $10 million in a Series A financing round led by Matrix Partners, with participation from previous investors including Sierra Ventures, Version One Ventures, Naval Ravikant, CrunchFund, Richard Chen, TriplePoint Ventures, and Benjamin Ling. As a result of the financing, Josh Hannah of Matrix Partners joined Kinnek’s board of directors.
In October 2015, Thrive Capital led a $20 million Series B in Kinnek, also with participation from investors from prior rounds. Kinnek subsequently added Joshua Kushner of Thrive to the board.
- Flamm, Matthew. "Alibaba wannabe Kinnek gets $10M". www.crainsnewyork.com. Retrieved October 11, 2014.
- "B2B Marketplace Kinnek Secures $10M In Series A Funding". www.pymnts.com. Retrieved October 11, 2014.
- "IndiaMART clocks a whopping 60 percent business from its mobile app". Business Standard. 17 December 2015. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- "Kinnek - CrunchBase". CrunchBase. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- Lawler, Ryan. "B2B Marketplace Kinnek Raises $10 Million From Matrix To Help SMBs Find And Purchase Supplies". Retrieved October 11, 2014.
- Kokalitcheva, Kia. "Kinnek grabs a new $10M to help small businesses shop for supplies". Retrieved October 11, 2014.
- Carney, Michael (September 15, 2014). "Kinnek raises $10M from Matrix to help SMBs handle procurement like the big boys". Retrieved October 11, 2014.
- Loizos, Connie (October 15, 2015). "Kinnek, A Small Biz Marketplace, Raises $20 Million Led By Thrive Capital". Techcrunch. Retrieved April 27, 2016.
This article "Kinnek" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.