Kirti Adarkar is an Indian actress who has primarily acted in Hindi films as well as Theatre, Ad films and Regional cinema.
Early Life and Biography
Kirti Adarkar was born as Kirti Puranik to Digambar Puranik, a celebrated architect in the Central Public Works Department and Vasudha Puranik. She grew up in various cities in India due to her father's transferable job. She attended Wilson College in Mumbai and also studied French at Jawaharlal Nehru University in New Delhi.
During her time at college, Kirti entered the prolific theatre scene of Delhi. Her most memorable performances have been in Goodbye Doctor and Goshta Janmantarichi. She received various awards and accolades for acting as well as direction. Most notably she received the Best Direction Award for Goodbye Doctor and Best Actress Award for Goshta Janmantarichi.
She played the role of the grandmother of Osho Rajneesh in the highly acclaimed independent film "The Rebellious Flower". She received a lot of accolades for that role. She has played roles in Neerja and Akira as well. She then played a central role in the film Baar Baar Dekho wherein she plays the role of Tarun's (Siddharth's brother played by Taaha Shah Badusha) girlfriend. This is considered her breakout role.
She has also debuted in regional cinema with the National Award winning film Ventilator where she played the character of Lata. She was then seen in a central role in Bhikari, directed by Ganesh Acharya also starring Swapnil Joshi for which she again received tremendous critical acclaim. She also appeared as Rani Yesubai in the TV series Peshwa Bajirao on Sony TV.
- Goodbye Doctor as Kamala
- Goshta Janmantarichi
- Narayan Narayan as Rajmata and Child Narad's mother
- Peshwa Bajirao as Rani Yesubai
- The Rebellious Flower as Osho's Nani
- Baar Baar Dekho as Suman.
- Ventilator as Lata
- Bhikari as Shardha Devi
- IANS (15 January 2016). "'Rebellious Flower': A sincere biopic (IANS Movie Review, Rating: ***)" – via Business Standard.
- Groves, Don. "Priyanka Chopra Backs Amrinder Gill's Punjabi Action Drama 'Sarvann'". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- "Celebrating New Year with colourful 'gudhis' | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". dna. 2017-03-28. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- "Priyanka Chopra's 'Ventilator' to be remade in Malayalam". The News Minute. 2017-08-04. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- "PICS: Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan spread their charm during the music launch of Marathi film Bhikari". www.pinkvilla.com. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
|This article about an Indian actor or actress is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Kirti Adarkar" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Kirti Adarkar. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.