Knut S. Johnson
Knut S. Johnson
Knut Sveinbjorn Johnson
September 21, 1957
|Education||Tulane University (B.A.|
University of San Diego School of Law (J.D.)
Knut Sveinbjorn Johnson (born September 21, 1957) is an American lawyer from California who is a former nominee to be a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of California.
Legal and academic career
Johnson operates the Law Office of Knut S. Johnson, where he maintains a varied and broad-based criminal defense practice. He is an adjunct professor at the University of San Diego School of Law, where he has taught criminal procedure since 2016. Johnson served as an adjunct professor at California Western School of Law from 1995 to 1999.
Expired nomination to district court
On September 20, 2019, President Trump announced his intent to nominate Johnson to serve as a United States District Judge for the United States District Court for the Southern District of California. On November 21, 2019, his nomination was sent to the Senate. President Trump nominated Johnson to the seat vacated by Judge John A. Houston, who took senior status on February 6, 2018. On January 3, 2020, his nomination was returned to the President under Rule XXXI, Paragraph 6 of the United States Senate. On February 13, 2020, his renomination was sent to the Senate. On January 3, 2021, his nomination was returned to the President under Rule XXXI, Paragraph 6 of the United States Senate.
- "Nine Nominations Sent to the Senate Today", White House, November 21, 2019
- Hubbell, Martindale (March 2001). Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory (2001, Volume 3-California S-Z, Colorado). Martindale-Hubbell. ISBN 9781561604395. Search this book on
- "President Donald J. Trump Announces Judicial Nominees and United States Marshal Nominee" White House, September 20, 2019 This article incorporates text from this source, which is in the public domain.
- "PN1299 - Nomination of Knut Sveinbjorn Johnson for The Judiciary, 116th Congress (2019-2020)". www.congress.gov. 2020-01-03. Retrieved 2020-01-04.
- "Eleven Nominations Sent to the Senate", White House, February 13, 2020
- "PN1532 - Nomination of Knut Sveinbjorn Johnson for The Judiciary, 116th Congress (2019-2020)". www.congress.gov. 2021-01-03. Retrieved 2021-01-05.
|This American law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Knut S. Johnson" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Knut S. Johnson. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.