Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
|Edit this InfoBox|
|File:Candidate for New Jersey Assembly Lacey Rzeszowski.jpg|
|Born||1974/1975 (age 44–45)|
|Baptised||1974/1975 (age 44–45)|
|Residence||Summit, NJ, USA|
|Alma mater||New York University|
|Occupation||Candidate for NJ Assembly|
|Years active||< 1 year|
Lacey Cotter Rzeszowski is a grassroots advocate and first-time candidate in the state of New Jersey who ran in 2017 for the New Jersey General Assembly as a Democrat in the 21st Legislative District. She received 32,499 votes on November 7, 2017 which was not enough to win a seat in the state assembly. She was one of the many women candidates running for public office after being "roused by Trump," and she decided to run for office on the bus ride back from the Women's March in Washington D.C. She graduated summa cum laude from New York University with a degree in political science and founded Summit Marches On, a community group. She is an advocate for economic growth, better education for children, women's health, pay equity, and improved infrastructure including commuter rail transportation. She is a staunch proponent of gun violence prevention. She ran in the LD-21 district. She had been a registered Republican until the election of Donald Trump in November 2016. She has been endorsed by Planned Parenthood and the New Jersey Education Association. She is married and lives in Summit, New Jersey and has three children.
- JOCELYN NOVECK, AP National Writer (June 6, 2017). "State Elections See Infusion of First-Time Women Candidates: In New Jersey and Virginia, two states holding legislative elections this year, a wave of female first-time candidates say they were spurred into action by the January women's march, and dismay over the election results". US News. Retrieved November 1, 2017.
... Lacey Rzeszowski, 42, a registered Republican ... when she officially switched to the Democratic side. Rzeszowski is running for New Jersey Assembly; like Chen, she hoping to turn a longtime red district blue. Rzeszowski ... fulltime mother to her three sons, says she made her final decision ... bus ride home from the women's march. ... she'd been awed by the crowd — "the scale, enormity and beauty of it ... Women standing up for women."....
- "Lacey Rzeszowski Added to DLCC's Spotlight Races" (PDF). Westfield Leader. August 24, 2017. Retrieved November 1, 2017.
...DLCC is thrilled by the recent successes...
- Note: pron. Ri-ZOW-ski
- Mike Deak, November 3, 2017, My Central Jersey, Election Day 2017: Will Democrats finally win in Somerset County?, Retrieved November 6, 2017, "...In the 21st District ... while Republican Assembly incumbents Jon Bramnick and Nancy Munoz are being challenged by Democrats Bruce Bergen and Lacey Rzeszowski...."
- "Morris County Democratic Primary Results". Daily Record. June 7, 2017. Retrieved November 1, 2017.
...Lacey Rzeszowski : 728...
- November 7, 2017, NJ.com, Election results, NEW JERSEY ASSEMBLY RESULTS, Retrieved November 8, 2017
- Note: it was 1605 votes short of winning a seat.
- Note: another New Jersey first-time candidate is Lisa Mandelblatt, running for U.S. Congress
- NICK CORASANITI (March 22, 2017). "Roused by Trump, First-Time Female Candidates Eye Local Seats". New York Times. Retrieved November 1, 2017.
...Four years of increasing activism and growing political awareness recently brought Lacey Rzeszowski to Rutgers University ... Rzeszowski, 42, is squaring off in a tough race against a local Republican for a seat in the New Jersey Assembly.
- Alexis Tarrazi (May 23, 2017). "Summit Local Announces Bid For State Assembly: Summit local, Lacey Rzeszowski, has announced her candidacy for NJ General Assembly for D-21 (Morris, Somerset, Union counties)". Summit Patch. Retrieved November 1, 2017.
...A Summit local and mother of three is taking her first step into politics. Lacey Rzeszowski has announced her candidacy for NJ General Assembly, representing District 21....Rzeszowski grew up in Hunterdon County and always was very interested in politics. She graduated summa cum laude from New York University with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science....
- "Progressive Change Campaign Committee Goes All in To Flip These VA & NJ Romney/Clinton Districts". DailyKos. October 31, 2017. Retrieved November 1, 2017.
...These five state legislative districts in New Jersey and Virginia are some of the few that voted for Mitt Romney in 2012 -- and rejected Donald Trump in 2016...."Spurred by the 2012 shooting rampage in Newtown ... she had pressured local and federal lawmakers on gun control legislation, ... in live confrontations in town halls and Congressional offices."
- ELIZABETH STRASSNER (May 17, 2017). "12 Women In Politics Who Are Running For The First Time". Bustle. Retrieved November 1, 2017.
...Lacey Rzeszowski - New Jersey State Assembly, 21st District...Lacey Rzeszowski had been a strong advocate for gun control for years, The New York Times reported, but finally decided to run for office herself after the Women's March.
- "Lacey Rzeszowski". New Jersey Hills. June 10, 2017. Retrieved November 1, 2017.
...Lacey Rzeszowski, center, a Democrat running for the state Assembly seat in the 21st District, which includes Chatham, campaigns with two interns at the Fishawack Festival....
- "Women's Political Caucus of New Jersey Endorses Forty-Six Female Legislative Candidates; PAC Announces Nearly $40k in Contributions". Women's Political Caucus of New Jersey. October 5, 2017. Retrieved November 1, 2017.
...The Women's Political Caucus of New Jersey (WPCNJ) is proud to announce its endorsement of forty-six female legislative candidates for the General Election in November. ... Lacey Rzeszowski (D) District 21, Assembly
- Matt Friedman (April 21, 2017). "National progressive PAC sees N.J. as proving ground for 'anti-Trump power building'". Politico. Retrieved November 1, 2017.
... to Lacey Rzeszowski, a Republican-turned-Democrat who is running for Assembly in the traditionally Republican 21st District in Central Jersey, ... challenging ... Jon Bramnick and Assemblywoman Nancy Munoz....
- "Endorsements". Planned Parenthood. October 2017. Retrieved November 1, 2017.
....District 21 -- Senate: Jill Lazare -- Assembly: Lacey Rzeszowski..
- "Endorsements". NJEA. October 2017. Retrieved November 1, 2017.
...political action committee of the 200,000 member New Jersey Education Association (NJEA) has voted to endorse 98 candidates for election to the New Jersey Legislature this November. ... Lacey Rzeszowski (D) for Assembly...
This article "Lacey Rzeszowski" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.