It has been suggested that this article be merged into Vambu Sandai. (Discuss) Proposed since February 2020.
|Directed by||Raj Kapoor|
|Produced by||Polisetty Rambabu|
|Screenplay by||Raj Kapoor|
|Music by||D. Imman|
|Budget||₹ 3 Crore|
Search Lakshmi Putrudu on Amazon.
Lakshmi Putrudu (translation: Lakshmi's Son) is a 2008 Telugu drama film directed by Tamil director Raj Kapoor and is produced by Polisetty Rambabu, known for Gopi – Goda Meedha Pilli of the RS Films banner. The films stars Uday Kiran, Diya, Brahmanandam, and Mumaith Khan. This film is the dubbed version of Vambu Sandai.
Prabhu (Uday Kiran) is a college student who does not allow anyone to do wrong. He quite often argues with others to the point where he is repeatedly arrested. When he was younger his foster father (Nizhalgal Ravi), a psychiatrist used to bail him out. In the meantime, Swetha (Diya), the sister of commissioner of police Ravichandra, has been ditching her college classes, so her father has a police escort take her to school. When she tries to escape from her escort, they pursue her. They cross paths with the troublesome Prabhu, who battles them. In the ensuing fight, Prabhu says 'I love you' to Swetha and she is so impressed by his gallantry, she falls in love.
Prabhu then learns that his foster parents are taking him to meet his real father Lakshmi Narayana (Satyaraj) who had been receiving treatment in a mental hospital. He tries to speak with his father, but the man is unresponsive. On the advice of Swetha's father, he takes his father to Kerala for treatment. When there, he meets a former bodyguard of Lakshmi Narayana who tells him that not only was his father the former Election Commissioner, but that his current mental breakdown state was caused by local politician Ramadasu (Vijayan). Coincidentally, Ramadasu has been brought to that same Kerala facility by his own son (Riyaz Khan). When Ramadasu's son learns that his father's former enemy Lakshmi is still alive, he attempts to kill him.
- Uday Kiran as Prabhakar (Prabhu)
- Diya as Swetha
- Ramesh Khanna as Prabhu's friend
- Nizhalgal Ravi as Prabhu's foster father
- Sathyaraj as Lakshmi Narayana, Prabhu's father
- Vijayan as Ramadasu
- Sabitha Anand as Lakshmi, Prabhu's mother
- Riyaz Khan as Ramadasu's son
- Rajan P Dev
- Duvvasi Mohan
- Gundu Sudarshan
- Gautam Raju
- Shankar Melkote
- Mumaith Khan as an item number
The soundtrack was composed by D. Imman. All tunes except "Em Smile Raa " were reused from the original. The lyrics for the songs of the film were written by Kandikonda and were released in September 2007. IT minister Damodar Reddy officially launched the audio cassette by giving a copy to Tammareddy Bharadwaja.
|🎙️ Recorded||September 2007|
|D. Imman chronology|
|1.||"Em Chusi Nanne Nuvvu"||Jassie Gift, Sainora Philip||04:40|
|2.||"Zee Bhoom Baa"||Achyut, Naveen||03:55|
|3.||"Sawariya Sawariya"||Jyotsna, Naresh Iyer||04:58|
|4.||"Ekkadunna Tension Mama"||Ranjith||04:09|
|5.||"Adigadigo Toofan"||Rahul Nambiar||02:40|
|6.||"Em Smile Raa"||Suchitra||04:35|
Filming began in July 2007, and scenes were shot at Pragati Resorts, Ramoji Film City, Necklace Road, Malaysia Township, and Golconda Fort, and ran through August 2007 in other areas around Hyderabad and Kerala, with a then-predicted release date of September 2007. However, by the end of September, the film was still in post-production.
Although the film was not released until 29 February 2008, the CD of the song tracks from the film was released 2 September 2007, which preceded the film's release by 5 months. In an event held at Ravi Narayana Reddy Kalyanamantapam (Ravi Narayana Reddy Memorial Auditorium Complex) in Hyderabad, Damodar Reddy, the Andhra Pradesh State Minister for Information Technology, officially launched the audio cassette by handing a copy to Tammareddy Bharadwaja and with its first number dedicated to producer Ashok Kumar. Bharadwaja then officially released the audio CDs by giving a copy to A. Mallikarjuna Rao, producer of Operation Duryodhana, a biopic film based upon the 2005 sting operation of the same name. Distribution rights to the audio CD were purchased by Srinivas, a State Trading corporation chairman and former legislator.
The film was panned by Full Hyderabad, offering that it was a foolish choice on the part of actor Uday Kiran. In expanding they wrote that the film suffered "from poor script, poor screenplay, poor acting, poor direction, poor editing..." Oneindia also agreed that the film was a poor choice for Kiran in his "frantic effort for a comeback into Telugu films". They wrote that "There are absolutely no plus points in the film". While the camerawork was "just okay", the music score by Imam was "disastrous", and the director failed in properly narrating the story.
- staff (5 April 2012). "Lakshmi Putrudu Movie Review". fullhyderabad.
- staff (3 March 2008). "Lakshmi Putrudu Review". Oneindia. Retrieved 5 April 2012.
- staff (10 October 2007). "'Lakshmi Putrudu' in re-recording". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 5 April 2012.
- Staff (20 August 2007). "Lakshmi Putrudu shoots in Kerala". Oneindia. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- staff (3 September 2007). "'Lakshmi Putrudu' Audio Release". Sify. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- staff (30 July 2007). "'Lakshmi Putrudu' in last schedule". India Glitz. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- staff (30 August 2007). "'Lakshmi Putrudu' On Location". India Glitz. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- staff (16 July 2007). "'Lakshmi Putrudu' with Udaykiran as hero". India Glitz. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- Staff (27 September 2007). "'Lakshmi Putrudu' in final touches". Oneindia. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- staff (4 March 2008). "'Lakshmi Putrudu' Success Meet". India Glitz. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- staff (3 September 2007). "'Lakshmi Putrudu' Audio Launch". India Glitz. Retrieved 8 April 2012.
- staff (26 February 2007). "'Operation Duryodhana' Press Meet". India Glitz. Retrieved 8 April 2012.
- Lakshmi Putrudu on IMDb Search this movie on
- Gallery 2
- on YouTube
- Music track listing at Musicindia
This article "Lakshmi Putrudu" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Lakshmi Putrudu. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.