Larry R. Lawrence
This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (June 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Larry R. Lawrence|
|Second Quorum of the Seventy|
|April 3, 2010– September 30, 2017|
|Called by||Thomas S. Monson|
|Emeritus general authority|
|September 20, 2017|
|Called by||Thomas S. Monson|
|Born||Larry Ray Lawrence|
August 25, 1947
Cheverly, Maryland, United States
Search Larry R. Lawrence on Amazon.
Larry Ray Lawrence (born August 25, 1947) has been a general authority of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) since 2010.
Lawrence grew up in Tucson, Arizona. As a teenager, he was introduced to the LDS Church by friends, including his future wife, Laurel Stott. In 1970, while attending the University of Arizona, Lawrence was baptized into the LDS Church by his future father-in-law. In 1971, Lawrence married Laurel Stott and they are the parents of six children.
Lawrence earned a bachelor of science degree in agricultural biochemistry from the University of Arizona in 1969. In 1973, he received a doctor of medicine degree from the same university and later completed an ophthalmology residency in Fresno, California. He and his family remained in the area, and he began his career as an ophthalmologist in Fresno in 1977.
Prior to his appointment as a general authority, Lawrence served in numerous leadership positions in the LDS Church, including elders quorum president, bishop, high councilor, counselor in a stake presidency, and stake president. From 2001 to 2004, he was president of the church's Russia Novosibirsk Mission. From 2005 to 2010, he was an area seventy in the church's North America West Area (covering California and Hawaii). In April 2010, he was called to serve as a general authority and member of the Second Quorum of the Seventy. From 2010 to 2012, he was a counselor in the presidency of church's Europe East Area and served as president of the area from 2012 to 2014. From 2015 to 2017, he supervised the church's work in the Middle East/North Africa, which he did from church headquarters. On September 30, 2017, he was released as a General Authority Seventy and was designated as an emeritus general authority.
- List of general authorities of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- "New General Authorities called, Primary General Presidency reorganized", Church News, Deseret News, 2010-04-03
- Area Leadership Assignments, 2010, Church News (Deseret News), 8 May 2010. Retrieved 5 May 2014.
- Area Leadership Assignments, 2011, Church News (Deseret News), 29 April 2011. Retrieved 5 May 2014.
- Area Leadership Assignments, 2012, Church News (Deseret News), 5 May 2012. Retrieved 5 May 2014.
- Area Leadership Assignments, 2013, Church News (Deseret News), 25 May 2013. Retrieved 5 May 2014.
- Area Leadership Assignments, 2014, Church News (Deseret News), 3 May 2014. Retrieved 5 May 2014.
- "LDS First Presidency announces area leadership assignments", Church News, 2 May 2015.
- "Leadership Changes Announced at October 2017 General Conference: Three General Authority Seventies released", Newsroom, LDS Church, 2017-09-30
- "Elder Larry R. Lawrence", Liahona (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints), May 2010.
This article "Larry R. Lawrence" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Larry R. Lawrence. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.