|No. 95 – Pittsburgh Steelers|
|Born:||January 23, 1992|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||312 lb (142 kg)|
|High school:||Meadowcreek (Norcross, GA)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Roster status:||Injured reserve|
|Career NFL statistics|
Search Lavon Hooks on Amazon.
Lavon Hooks (born January 23, 1992) is an American football defensive end for the Pittsburgh Steelers of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for the Ole Miss Rebels.
Hooks was born in Booneville, Mississippi and raised mostly in Atlanta, Georgia. He attended Meadowcreek High School in Norcross, Georgia. He would go on to play defensive tackle for two years at the junior college level for Northeast Mississippi Community College before being recruited to Ole Miss for the 2013 football season.
As a junior at Ole Miss in 2013, Hooks started at defensive tackle in 2 games, recording 10 tackles and a single sack. In his senior season of 2014, Hooks would again see playing time in all 12 games and, starting for the majority, would improve to 17 tackles and 2.0 sacks.
|Ht||Wt||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad|
|6 ft 3 in
|5.29 s||4.82 s||7.66 s||27 in
|All values are from Pro Day|
Green Bay Packers
Hooks was signed by the Green Bay Packers as an undrafted free agent on May 9, 2015. He was waived on August 31, 2015.
Hooks was signed by the Pittsburgh Steelers on February 16, 2016. He was waived by the Steelers during final cuts on September 3, 2016. Hooks was signed on a futures contract by the Steelers on February 13, 2017. On September 3, 2017, he was cut by Pittsburgh and re-signed to the Steeler practice squad on the same day. Hooks would sign another futures contract with Pittsburgh on January 16, 2018, before once again being cut and re-signed to the practice squad on September 2, 2018. He was brought back by the Steelers again for a fourth futures contract on December 31, 2018. It was reported that Hooks suffered a torn achilles in practice on August 21, 2019 and would be out for the season. After clearing waivers, Hooks was placed on injured reserve as of August 23, 2019.
- "Hooks a big pickup for Ole Miss". ESPN Insider.
- "Lavon Hooks". College Football at Sports-Reference.com.
- "Steelers Futures' Report: DT Lavon Hooks". Steelers Depot.
- "Three More Rebels Picked Up By NFL Teams". Ole Miss Sports.
- "Steelers Cut Rob Branchflower Sign Lavon Hooks and Matt Dooley". Steel Curtain Rising.
- "Steelers Final Cuts Reducing Roster to 53-man Limit". SteelersWire.
- "Steelers sign defensive linemen Lavon Hooks and Roy Philon". SteelersWire.
- "Steelers sign Lavon Hooks to Practice Squad". Penn Live.
- "NFL Reserve/Futures Contracts: 1/16/18". Justin Thomas - Pro Football Rumors.
- "Steelers announce practice squad". Steelers.com.
- "Steelers sign nine players to reserve/futures contracts and re-sign OT Zach Banner". Behind the Steel Curtain.
- "Steelers DT Lavon Hooks reportedly out for season with a torn Achilles". Behind the Steel Curtain.
- "Steelers' Lavon Hooks: Lands on IR". CBS Sports.
This article "Lavon Hooks" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Lavon Hooks. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.