Leanne Dunic is a writer, musician, and visual artist based in Vancouver, British Columbia. She is the singer/guitarist of the band The Deep Cove and the author of the book To Love the Coming End.
Life, Work, and Education
Dunic was born in Victoria, British Columbia. She is the artistic director of the Powell Street Festival, a Japanese-Canadian arts and culture festival that takes place annually in Oppenheimer Park. She holds a Certificate of Writing, Poetry and Lyric Prose from Simon Fraser University and a Certificate of Fine Arts Techniques from the Emily Carr Institute of Art and Design, and is currently an MFA candidate at the University of British Columbia.
Dunic’s first book, To Love the Coming End, was published in 2017 by BookThug in Canada and Chin Music Press in the United States. An excerpt of the book, “SIN,” won second place in the Room Magazine Poetry and Fiction Contest in 2016. She has published three chapbooks.
Dunic’s band The Deep Cove will release their debut album, To Love the Coming End of the World in 2017. The album, which Dunic did the artwork for, has themes and moods in common with her book To Love the Coming End. Dunic considers the album to be the book’s soundtrack.
Dunic’s work has been exhibited in Singapore, Canada, and Japan.
In 2015, Dunic won the Alice Munro Short Story Prize for her story “Without Her” and was shortlisted for the Asian-Canadian Emerging Writer Award. She has completed several writing and visual art residencies, most recently at Akiyoshidai International Artist Village in Japan, Mineral School in the U.S., and at Grey Projects in Singapore.
To Love the Coming End, BookThug/Chin Music Press (2017)
- admin (2015-06-09). "2015 Adult Winning Short Story – Without Her | Alice Munro Festival of the Short Story". Alicemunrofestival.ca. Retrieved 2017-04-12.
- Posted by Kayi Wong (2017-01-15). "Congratulations to the winners of our Annual Poetry and Fiction Contest 2016!". Room Magazine. Retrieved 2017-04-12.
- Name * (2017-03-02). "To Love the Coming End by Leanne Dunic –". Bookthug.ca. Retrieved 2017-04-12.
- "Books by Chin Music Press". Chinmusicpress.com. Retrieved 2017-04-12.
- "Powell Street Festival Society :: Staff". Powellstreetfestival.com. Retrieved 2017-04-12.
- "About". leanne dunic. Retrieved 2017-04-12.
- "the deep cove". Thedeepcove.tumblr.com. 2017-01-26. Retrieved 2017-04-12.
This article "Leanne Dunic" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Leanne Dunic. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.