Legendary Bird Trio
|Legendary Bird Trio|
|First game||Pokémon Red and Blue|
The Legendary Bird Trio or the legendary birds (Japanese: でんせつのとり Hepburn: densetsu no tori) are a group of legendary flying type Pokémon comprising Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. After their first appearance in 1996 in Pokémon Red and Blue, they have appeared in numerous works in the Pokémon media franchise, including as central characters in Pokémon: The Movie 2000. A distribution event of the legendary birds happened from March 2016 to April 2016.  In May 2016, as part of the 20th anniversary of the franchise, The Pokémon Company released special versions of these Pokémon with hidden abilities for anyone with Nintendo 3DS Pokémon games who registered for the Trainer Club newsletter.
The three available teams for players to join in Pokémon Go are each associated with one of the legendary birds and use the birds' colours as their own. The game's trailer has led some journalists to speculate that the legendary birds will be available to be caught through special events designed by the developer Niantic, Inc..
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Seedhouse, Alex (16 March 2016). "Articuno, Zapdos & Moltres Distribution Event Takes Flight At Smyths Toys". Nintendo Insider. Retrieved 8 July 2016.
- Frank, Allegra (8 April 2016). "Pokémon's next giveaway offers up new, special versions of legendary birds". Polygon. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- Martinez, Phillip (4 April 2016). "Pokémon Hidden Ability Moltres, Zapdos And Articuno Distribution Coming In May: How To Obtain Legendary Birds". iDigitalTimes. IBT Media. Retrieved 8 July 2016.
- Morris, Tatiana (7 July 2016). "Pokemon GO Guide: How to Claim, Defend, and Reinforce Gyms". GameZone. Retrieved 8 July 2016.
- Sunico, Jonas (7 July 2016). "Pokemon GO: When Can We Get Legendary Pokemon?". The Bitbag. Retrieved 8 July 2016.
This article "Legendary Bird Trio" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Legendary Bird Trio. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.