|Star Wars character|
|File:Kaydel Ko Connix and Leia Organa.png|
Billie Lourd as Connix (left) and Lourd's mother Carrie Fisher as Leia Organa in The Force Awakens
|First appearance||The Force Awakens (2015)|
|Portrayed by||Billie Lourd|
|Full name||Kaydel Ko Connix|
|Occupation||Lieutenant in the Resistance|
Search Lieutenant Connix on Amazon.
Lieutenant Kaydel Ko Connix is a fictional character in the Star Wars franchise. Introduced in the 2015 film Star Wars: The Force Awakens, she is portrayed by Billie Lourd. Connix is a minor character in The Force Awakens, and becomes more prominent in the sequel, The Last Jedi. Lourd is the daughter of Carrie Fisher, who portrays Princess Leia in the Star Wars films.
Creation and casting
Lourd said that she auditioned for the lead role of Rey in The Force Awakens, which ultimately went to Daisy Ridley. In the film, Lourd played the minor role of Lieutenant Connix, a character created specifically for her by director J. J. Abrams. Lourd reprised the character in The Last Jedi, in which she played a larger role than in The Force Awakens.
The Force Awakens (2015)
Connix is one of many members of the Resistance who land on Takodana together with General Leia Organa after the battle ends. Later she coordinates communications from pilots to officers in the battle to destroy Starkiller Base. She is later promoted to lieutenant for her efforts in the battle.
The Last Jedi (2017)
Connix is first seen on D'Qar, leading the evacuation of the Resistance Base. She and the others flee on Organa's flagship, the Raddus. Vice Admiral Holdo takes command when Organa is rendered unconscious after an attack on the ship's bridge. Connix helps Poe Dameron conceal an unauthorized mission by Finn and Rose Tico to infiltrate the First Order flagship pursuing the Raddus. She supports Dameron's mutiny, but surrenders shortly after Organa awakens. Connix is among the few survivors after the Battle of Crait who escape aboard the Millennium Falcon.
The Rise of Skywalker (2019)
Connix is slated to return once more in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, with Billie Lourd reprising the role.
Related works and merchandising
Connix is a playable character in Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Holub, Christian (September 13, 2017). "Carrie Fisher's Daughter, Billie Lourd, Auditioned for Star Wars Rey Role". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved September 18, 2017.
- Breznican, Anthony (December 18, 2015). "Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A collection of cameos and Easter eggs: Friend of the General". Entertainment Weekly. Archived from the original on January 2, 2017. Retrieved December 27, 2015. Unknown parameter
|url-status=ignored (help) Slide 9 of 10.
- Though Lourd is credited as Lieutenant Connix in the film's credits, the official companion book Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary by Pablo Hidalgo (2015) identifies the character with Lourd's photo as Kaydel Ko.
- Kickham, Dylan. "What Is Billie Lourd's Role In The Last Jedi? Kaydel Ko Connix Will Be Back". Elite Daily. Retrieved December 24, 2017.
- Topel, Fred (March 13, 2016). "Billie Lourd Will Return With A Larger Role In Star Wars Episode 8". /Film. Archived from the original on March 14, 2016. Retrieved March 14, 2016. Unknown parameter
- Wilkins, Jonathan (December 19, 2017). ‘’Star Wars: The Last Jedi’’ The Official Collector's Edition. Titan Comics. p. 100. ISBN 9781785862113. Search this book on
- Kroll, Justin (July 27, 2018). "Star Wars: Episode IX Announces Cast; Carrie Fisher to Be Featured". Variety. Retrieved July 27, 2018.
- Kaydel Ko Connix in the StarWars.com Databank
This article "Lieutenant Connix" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Lieutenant Connix. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.