|Initial release||November 21, 2012|
|Operating system||iOS, Android|
|Available in||6 languages|
|Type||Social networking service|
Search Line Play on Amazon.
Line Play (stylized as LINE PLAY) is a freemium social networking mobile app developed by Line Corporation for iOS and Android devices. The app allows users to create and dress up their own unique virtual avatar, post diary entries, play minigames and participate in events, and meet friends from around the world. In 2016, Line Play became the world's largest avatar community space with over 30 million users, and by October 2018, the number had reached 65 million.
LINE PLAY - Our Avatar World is a social mobile app where users can create a virtual avatar and communicate with friends and users around the world. Players can create an avatar from scratch or generated by face detection.
Virtual currencies called Gems and Cash can be earned by the player by completing daily quests, participating in certain events and mini-games, or attained through in-app purchases. These currencies can be spent in gachas and shops to obtain fashion items to dress the player's avatar, interior items to decorate the player's room, pets, or upgrades such as room expansions.
Players can interact with other users around the world by visiting Squares, where they can chat and play games such as fishing and soccer. There is also a private messaging feature for friends. Players can create their own Circles where they can talk with friends, exchange items, and participate in monthly events.
The app offers a VIP status where users can enjoy a variety of benefits, including access to exclusive gachas, discounts, and more.
Line Play has collaborated with multiple popular artists, celebrities, and characters from properties like Sanrio, Disney and Star Wars, as well as Paul McCartney, 2NE1's Dara and F.T. Island's Lee Hong Gi, who all have their own official avatars, gachas, and rooms. Line Play has collaborated with Line Friends' BT21 in the past.
- Line Corporation (11 November 2012). "【お知らせ】スマートフォンアバターコミュニティーサービス「LINE PLAY」が正式オープン！". blog.lineplay.jp. Retrieved 14 May 2019.
- Line Corporation (1 March 2016). "[LINE PLAY]Virtual Avatar Community App With Over 30 Million Users, Launches Major Update". linecorp.com. Retrieved 14 May 2019.
- PR TIMES (21 November 2018). "アバターコミュニケーションアプリ「LINE プレイ」6周年！世界累計利用者数が6,500万人を突破！". prtimes.jp. Retrieved 14 May 2019.
- Paul McCartney Official Website (15 May 2014). "Paul Joins LINE PLAY". paulmccartney.com. Retrieved 14 May 2019.
- Line Corporation (10 August 2018). "【LINE プレイ】パズルスター BT21 × LINE プレイ開催！". game-blog.line.me. Retrieved 14 May 2019.
This article "Line Play" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Line Play. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.