List of Gaelic footballers who died during their careers
This is a list of Gaelic footballers who died during their careers. These deaths occurred either during a game or due to illness, accident, acts of violence or suicide.
Deaths of active players
This is a list of notable deaths in Gaelic football and untimely deaths of active Gaelic footballers.
|Player||Age||County||Club||Position||Cause of death||Year|
|Andrew Corden||24||Carlow||O'Hanrahan's||Full back||Forklift accident||2002|
|Cormac McAnallen||24||Tyrone||Eglish St Patrick's||Full back/midfield||Sudden adult death syndrome||2004|
|Philip McGuinness||26||Leitrim||Mohill||Forward||Head injury||2010|
- Sportspeople who died during their careers
- "Inquest into death of Andrew Corden opens". 2 August 2002.
- Young, Connla (6 September 2017). "Mystery of tragic Tyrone captain Cormac McAnallen's last texts". The Irish News. Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- McDonald, Brian (14 April 2009). "Heartbroken town salutes as Robbie 'gets transfer home'". Irish Independent. Retrieved 14 April 2009.
He had played for Swinford GAA Club since his under-10 days and wherever he was, he would return to train with his friends and wear the parish colours. Just two days before his death he had returned to Swinford to train with his team-mates and had commented that he had never felt as fit.
- "Leitrim GAA player Phillip McGuinness passes away". RTÉ Sport. 2010-04-19. Archived from the original on 2010-04-21. Retrieved 2010-04-20. Unknown parameter
- "Leitrim GAA player dies of head injury". The Irish Times. 2010-04-19. Retrieved 2010-04-20.
- "Tragedy on the field of play". Irish Independent. 2010-04-20. Retrieved 2010-04-20.
This article "List of Gaelic footballers who died during their careers" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:List of Gaelic footballers who died during their careers. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.