List of The Demonata characters
This is a list of characters found in Darren Shan's The Demonata, a series of books that follows protagonists Grubbs Grady, Dervish Grady, Kernel Fleck and Bec MacConn on their quest against Lord Loss and his demon minions.
Grubitsch "Grubbs" Grady
Grubitsch "Grubbs" Grady is one of the main characters in The Demonata series. He is the protagonist of Lord Loss, Slawter, Blood Beast, Demon Apocalypse, Wolf Island, and Hell's Heroes. Grubbs makes appearances in Death's Shadow and Dark Calling. In most of the books, Grubbs is afflicted by or is trying to fight lycanthropy.
Kernel Fleck is the protagonist and narrator in Demon Thief and Dark Calling. He makes an appearance in every book starting from Demon Apocalypse. After it is revealed that Art is the demon Artery, Kernel is heartbroken and heavily affected. Kernel mentions Art in most books he is involved in.
Bec MacConn is the protagonist and narrator in Bec and Death's Shadow. She is also a distant relative to Grubbs Grady and met Beranabus in Bec when he was known as Bran. Bec takes over Bill-E's body in Demon Apocalypse in the cave, making her alive again. She is able to recall all of Bill-E's memories and emotions.
Grubbs Grady's family has been cursed with lycanthropy for many generations before the start of the first book. Bartholomew Garadex, an ancestor of Grubbs', struck a deal with Lord Loss that if he could beat him at three concurrent games of chess, then Lord Loss would cure a member of the Grady family from the curse. The tournament carried on through the generations of the Garadex/Grady family.
Grady-MacGrigor family tree
The Connection between Bec and Grubbs/Gret's/Bill's family
|The MacGrigor Clan|
|Bec MacConn||Many Generations|
|The Garadex Family|
|Bartholomew Garadex||Urszula Garadex||The Moore Family|
|Forty Years Later||Abraham Garadex||Many Generations|
|Davey McKay||The Grady Family|
|Five Children||Caspar Grady||Augustine Grady|
|Emily Spleen||Cal Grady||Sharon||Dervish Grady|
|Billy "Bill-E" Spleen||Gretelda "Gret" Grady||Grubitsch "Grubbs" Grady|
This article describes a work or element of fiction in a primarily in-universe style. (January 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Disciples are a fictional group of mages from Darren Shan's The Demonata series. They travel the world and the Demons' universes attempting to keep humans safe from the demons by stopping power hungry mages from opening temporary "windows" between universes, thus letting them run wild, rapidly killing as many humans as they can before the window closes.
The Disciples claim that Beranabus is their leader, but he only calls on them when he needs them they work on something he can't tend to himself. They are well organized and can cover up any situation that involves demons from getting out to the public. Although there are fairly few mages in the Disciples, they manage with what they have.
Beranabus is a magician and is the half demon son of a woman called Brigitta. Brigitta was engaged to a prince when she was kidnapped and impregnated by a demon. Brigitta returned to the prince, but when he discovered what had happened to her they sent her to King Minos's labyrinth. In the labyrinth she gave birth to a baby boy. When the Minotaur found her and went to strike, she leaned over the infant and whispered in his ear: "your name is Beranabus". The Minotaur killed Brigitta, but gave mercy to Beranabus because he showed no fear and later grew up in the Labyrinth.
When Theseus entered the labyrinth and slew the Minotaur, he gave Beranabus the option to leave with him. Instead, Beranabus stayed with the dead Minotaur and mourned the loss of his friend. He started wandering after that and went into the Demonata universe. There is where he found his gift of speed.
In Demon Thief, Beranabus first meets Kernel and together they hunt down the demon Cadaver with the Disciples. In Blood Beast, he ran to the cave in Carcery Vale when Grubbs and his friends unearth the cave in Carcery Vale.
In Bec, Beranabus was shown at a younger age, and everybody called him Bran.
Beranabus is killed by Death in the 7th book "Death's Shadow", but appears later as a trapped soul and he informs the other of how to release trapped souls and temporarily incapacitate Death. Cause of death: gave way to his demonic origins and was killed by death.
In Demon Apocalypse, Bec greets Beranabus with the exclamation "Bran!" leading the reader to think Beranabus is Bran which is later proven true. His history was written in the book "Death's Shadow".
Dervish first appears in Lord Loss who tells Grubbs that Demons are real and takes him to his home in Carcery Vale, where they live together. Even Though he is Grubbs uncle, he treats him like a son, and they both become incredibly close when they battle Lord Loss and his familiars to protect Grubbs' half brother Bill- E. In Demon Thief, Dervish is a punk who meets Kernel while trying to stop a mage from summoning a Demon, who is training under the influence of Shark, a brutal yet efficient ex-soldier. In Slawter Dervish is plagued by nightmares and is persuaded to go to the film set of Slawter by evil director, Davida Haym, there he meets the cunning albino Juni Swan (also Nadia Moore) who he falls in love with but doesn't see again after Juni discovering her magical talent and leaving Dervish. In Blood Beast Dervish helps Grubbs fight his Lycanthrophic curse, while meeting his love, Juni Swan, once again. Juni betrays both Dervish and Grubbs and tricks Grubbs into thinking his uncle had betrayed him to the Lambs. After reuniting Grubbs promptly leaves after the death of Bill-E spleen which tore Dervish apart. He had an on and off relationship with Meera Flame who loved Dervish to the end and was always there for Dervish, Grubbs and Bec. He had a heart attack in Death's Shadow. Dervish plays a huge role in the books, raising Grubbs as his own son in the whole series. He died in the beginning of in Hell`s Heroes after a fight with many demons.
A Disciple who first appears in Demon Thief, and a friend of Dervish. He was a member of the army, and first discovered his magical abilities when demons attacked his army base. He has since always worn his army uniform to commemorate his fellow soldiers who died in the attack. He has the word "SHARK" tattooed on his knuckles, one letter per finger.
He also appears in a hallucination in Slawter and helps to fight in Demon Apocalypse. He fights using both his fists and his traditional military weapons. His style is more melee-oriented. As he says himself, in Demon Thief, he isn't very imaginative. He also appears in Wolf Island (novel) he tries to get other disciples to join him but when none come he gathers some his friends from the army and he calls them The Dirty Dozen. He appears to have died battling a werewolf but near the end he is found to be alive but in bad shape missing fingers, ear and almost one of his eyes.
His final appearance is in Hell's Heroes. It is he who convinces Grubbs to locate and reclaim Bec. He accompanies Grubbs, despite his extensive injuries and brace that serves the purpose of keeping his guts from falling out. He fights in all the battles subsequent to this before being melted by a demon master in the final battle, still maintaining his gung ho attitude to fighting. Shark is one of the people who Grubbs, Kernel and Bec vow to save from his fate. Cause of death: dissolved by demon master's acidic shot.
Old Indian Disciple. In Lord Loss Grubbs and Dervish watch a documentary about her and she was one of Kernel's companions in Demon Thief, using her fire specialty to face demons like the dreadful Kallin. She also appears in Slawter, but it is a hallucination.
She has been healed from possibly fatal wounds by Bernabus, showing he likes her.
She appears in Demon Apocalypse, first trying to contact with Beranabus, and then helping them fight the demons so they can close the tunnel. She fights primarily using fire.
Sharmila loses her legs from the thighs down during a fight Death's Shadow and although Beranabus reconstructs some fake legs for her, they disintegrate without magic, making travelling into the human world impossible for Sharmila. She allows Bec and Dervish to kill her in order to open a hole through a trap of magical energy that Lord Loss has sprung upon them. Sharmila went to her death willing and with a prayer on her lips, thinking that she was of no use anyway in her feeble state.
A very attractive woman who wears biker`s leathers. She appears to be flirtatious, funny and courageous. She was killed when the tunnel first opened in Demon Apocalypse but a time reversal meant that she wasn't killed. She befriends Bec in the girl's new life. She loves Dervish Grady, but she never reveals her true feelings to him. In Wolf Island, at the end of the book, she kissed Timas Brauss, prompting Grubbs to quote before the battle, "If I die let me come back as Timas Brauss` lips!" In Dark Calling, whilst fighting Lord Loss, Juni and Death's army, Meera is greatly injured but saves Dervish by fighting to the death with Juni. Because Death had been momentarily defeated, they would both die permanently, and so Meera suicidally explodes, taking Juni with her.
A woman who can see the future. Formerly one of Beranabus' assistants, Nadia turns traitor and joins Lord Loss in Demon Thief, and takes on the name 'Juni Swan'. As Juni, she pretends to fall in love with Dervish, but is later revealed to Grubbs as a servant of Lord Loss. In Demon Apocalypse, Juni is revealed by Beranabus as Nadia Moore, whilst trying to open the gate between the Demonata's universe and ours. Is later impaled on a stalagmite by Dervish in the cave. Juni later returns in the book Death's Shadow, as she somehow cheated death. Her new figure is now a disfigured shadow of its former self. In Wolf Island (novel) Juni gets into a savage fight with Grubbs and she nearly kills him. She stops and explains that she had foreseen Grubbs destroying the universe and so leaves him alive. In Dark Calling, Juni engages a badly wounded Meera Flame in a vicious fight, and while Juni has the upper hand, she is ultimately killed by Meera as she explodes, both women living and never returning. Causes of death: 1st: Exploded by Lord Loss, 2nd: Impaled on stalagmite, 3rd: Exploded by Meera Flame.
A Disciple who traveled with Beranabus in Demon Thief. Kernel says that his skin is so dark that, on a moonless night, he would disappear. He is ripped to pieces by the demons while helping Kernel in Demon Thief. Later, in Dark Calling and Hell's Heroes an Old Creature takes his appearance. Whilst fighting uses his teeth a lot, cause of death: Ripped apart by demons.
A Disciple who was introduced in Death's Shadow, he was found hiding in a lifeboat on board a ship full of zombies and the site where Death fought and defeated Beranabus. When he was younger he wanted to become a stage magician, but lacked the knack for it although he was good enough for clubs; however, when he was found on the ship he was dressed undercover as a magician. He shows a complete lack of courage in battle and is known to be more of a spy for the Disciples than a fighter. At the end of Death's Shadow he is floating in the ocean in a lifeboat with Dervish and Bec. Kirilli also appears at the end of Wolf Island trying to flirt with nurses and telling them how he "single handedly battled" zombies (in truth, he ran away and when he did try to fight a zombie, it bit some of his fingers off). In Dark Calling, he appears to be resigned to fighting and still wears his now tattered stage magicians uniform. He fights bravely against millions of demons, attempting to rescue Meera Flame unsuccessfully. He has his right foot torn off and it is not replaced at the end of the book. In Hell's Heroes, he fights in a replaced stage uniform. he has a far less cowardly attitude and performs many brave acts. He and Kernel martial the remaining disciples when it seems all hope is lost. His final act is to take on a demon master, performing a deadly card trick which turns against him and ends up not only decapitating him but carving his head into many pieces. His new attitude could be part of the reason why his death hits Grubbs quite hard .Cause of death: Decapitation and dismemberment of skull.
Billy 'Bill-E' Spleen
Billy 'Bill-E' Spleen was Grubbs' half brother and was under the impression that Dervish was his father. He first appears in Lord Loss and is infected with the Grady family curse (lycanthropy). Billy is cured by Lord Loss after Grubbs and Dervish trick the demon in to defeat. He then appears in Slawter where Lord Loss has orchestrated a trap to lure the Gradys into their deaths. Bill-E is bullied by Loch Gossel, who is friends with Grubbs, and in Blood Beast Bill-E finally gets his revenge when Grubbs, Bill-E and Loch go exploring a cave which turns out to be an ancient portal between the human world and the Demonata universe. Loch slips while he was climbing a rock face. Later on, Bill-E is revealed to have had the choice of helping Loch, preventing Loch from falling, yet he didn't. Stricken by grief, it takes Bill-E a long while to get over the death but in the end, little did he know that by accidentally killing Loch he opened up the portal between the two universes. A blood sacrifice had to be made to open the portal and Loch had served the purpose when the blood from his head wound seeped into the rock of the cave. In Demon Apocalypse it is revealed to Bill-E that he was actually Grubbs' brother and it made his final moments more bearable. Grubbs had to choose between his half brother or the world, so, to make it painless, Grubbs touched Bill-E's heart and magically stopped it. In the last book, Hell's Heroes, Grubbs revisits his old home and sees the wall of pictures of all the dead members of the Grady clan. Grubbs then writes under the pictures:
"Dervish Grady - Died fighting the good fight."
"Bill-E Spleen - Killed by his half brother."
- Mary Hayes
- Loch Gossel was one of Grubb's best friends who dies in Slawter when he falls off a small cliff inside the cave at Carcery Vale. It is revealed in Demon Apocalypse that Bill-E could have saved Loch, but took his hand away from Loch when he slipped off the cliff to pay him back for the years of bullying.
- Charlie Rall
- Robbie McCarthy
- Reni Gossel
- Leon Penn
- Emmet Ejitt (killed by real demons and tricked by Davida Haym in Slawter)
Other main human characters
- Drust - The druid who teaches Bec magic. Is sacrificed at the end of Bec. Could be at times very stubborn. Introduced Lord Loss to chess. His skeleton is seen in Hell's Heroes when Grubbs destroys the lodestone in the cave.
- Timas Brauss - A close friend of Shark, who killed his father, "the best in this field" at computers. Timas helps the "dirty dozen" enormously on Wolf Island. He is last seen driving away in a truck with Shark, promising to come back, "extremely soon". Returns in Hell's Heroes and fights in Lord Loss' realm, and stays with the nuclear button at the final book, but is destroyed by the Kah Gash.
- Prae Athim - First seen in Slawter, in Wolf Island Prae has been framed for stealing werewolves by Antoine Horwitzer, she stays on Wolf Island to right her wrongs. Joins Disciples in Hell's Heroes and is seen fighting whilst showing a great love for the werewolves. She is killed whilst trying to protect a wounded werewolf.
- Billy (Bill-E) - First seen in Lord Loss, Billy is actually Grubb's half-brother, but is unaware of the fact. He was a victim of lycanthropy, but was cured by Lord Loss after a demonic battle. Later Grubbs is forced to kill him so as to avoid a tunnel being opened between their world and the Demonata's, so as to avoid the annihilation of mankind.
Minor human characters
In Lord Loss
- Leah - Nurse at institute, very kind.
- Kelly - Nurse at institute, impatient.
- Tim - Nurse at institute.
- Aleta - Nurse at institute.
- Emilia - Nurse at institute.
- "Doctor Slaughter" - Mean doctor whom Grubbs dislikes.
- Meera Flame - Friend of Dervish.
In Demon Thief
- Caspian Fleck - Kernel's father.
- Melena Fleck - Kernel's mother.
- Mrs. Egin - An old woman who the children call a witch. Mumbles a lot about a 'thief'. Explodes when summoning the demon Cadaver, which emerges through the window between the universes.
- Sally - A villager who looks after Kernel and Art when their parents are at an art fair. Allegedly a great singer.
- Logan Rile - One of the teachers at Parskinston. Killed by Cadaver.
- Dave English - One of the school children, had a good social status among the other children and was afraid of death. Killed by Cadaver.
- Art Fleck - Kernel's brother who gets kidnapped by Cadaver. The parents say that Kernel must protect Art but Kernel later realises Art is the demon Artery.
- Davida Haym - A mad movie producer who intends to massacre hundreds of people in the interest of the media. Made a deal with Lord Loss to ensure her demons would look realistic, which actually just back-fired on her when Lord Loss's demons killed her.
- Prae Athim - A prominent member of the Lambs, a group who fights lycanthropy and kills infected teenagers. Killed in Hell's Heroes.
- Mr Mauch - Mentioned as the school councilor.
- Bo Kooniart - A snotty girl who is an actor in the film in Slawter. She becomes a hero near the end. She went back onto on the film set amid the demons to look for her family. In Hell's Heroes she is found in Lord Loss's torture chamber and is sent through a portal back to Earth, where she will later die when Grubbs, Kernel and Bec form the Kah-Gash and destroy the world.
- Abe Kooniart - Bo's brother. Presumably dead.
- Tump Kooniart- Agent to many of the actors/actresses, Bo's and Abe's father. Worked with the Demonata. Presumably dead.
- Karin- A girl who is killed by Lord Loss (he gives her a literal kiss of death) in Slawter when trying to bait the demons towards the barrier.
- Chuda Sool- Assistant director, killed by Juni. Worked with the Demonata.
- Emmet Eijit - One of the child actors on the set. He was Grubbs and Bill-E's friend. He was killed by a demon (the description from the book matches Cadaver) thinking it was part of his script.
- Nora Eijit - Emmet's mother, she was killed by demons.
- Salit Smit - Child star of Slawter. Not the brightest kid around. Killed in front of Bill-E.
- Kuk Kane - Kik's male twin brother. He is strange according to Grubbs and he's a child actor. One of the many victims killed by the demons after his twin sister.
- Kik Kane - Grubbs thinks she is as strange as her twin brother. She is a child actor like her brother. She was one of the many victims that were killed by demons.
- Vanalee Metcalf - Spoiled child actor. Rich parents.
- Supatra Jaun - The tutor for the children on the set.
- Chai - A mime artist on the set. Killed by demons. The book claims that he stayed true to his mime skills till the very end: Not once did he scream.
- Filmer - Killed by the snakes from the hole of Lord Loss where his heart is supposed to be.
- Bran - A small boy with magical talent who fell in love with Bec.
- Drust- A druid who teaches Bec magic. He frequently abused her when she did not get spells right. Though he stopped after Fiachna told him his story on how he became a blacksmith. After being injured by Bran, he was sacrificed instead of Bec to close the tunnel.
- Connla - The son of the leader of the rath. Betrays the group when he strikes a deal with Lord Loss. Killed when Bec pushes him under a water fall which washes away the blood that kept him safe from the demons.
- Goll - The ex-king. Lost Kingship due to an arrow in his eye. Killed by fighting demons in the end. He was the one who found Bec in her dead mother's arms. Named her, looked over her and is considered by Bec as her father.
- Fiachna - A brave smith who goes with the group. Loves Bec. Dies near the end because Connla poisoned him, using a powder given to him by Lord Loss. Bec mentions that if she could marry any man it would be Fiachna
- Ronan - One of the youngest fighters, but one of the fiercest. Twin of Lorcan. Pushed off the cliffs near the end of the book.
- Lorcan - One of the youngest fighters, but one of the fiercest. Twin of Ronan. Killed by demons.
- Orna - A woman of the MacCadan clan, who goes with the group. Dies after being eaten alive by zombies of her dead children.
- Banba - A priestess. Bec's original mentor. Dies before the book begins.
- Amargen - Ninian's father who is killed at the end of the second chapter after challenging demons.
- Brude - Drust's Twin Brother. Shown on the cover. Merged with the rock in a cave that links our world to the demon world.
- Cera - Female member of the MacConn clan.
- Conn - Current king of Bec's Rath. Connla's father.
- Ena - Female warrior of the MacConn clan. She killed an undead demon in the opening of the book.
- Erc - Ronan and Lorcan's younger brother, killed by demons.
- Fintan - Fand's brother. Struck by the lycanthropy. He's chained so he can't do any harm.
- MacCadan - An ancient Irish clan.
- MacGrigor - An ancient Irish clan. The clan Bec's mother was originally from.
- MacRoth - An ancient Irish clan.
- Nectan - A former slave of the MacConn, won by Goll when he was king. Now a free man in all but name.
- Ninian - Boy killed by demon at the start of the second chapter.
- Padraig - Refers to St. Patrick.
- Scota - Woman of the MacConn. Struck in the face by demonic blood which dissolves her face
- Tiernan - Leader of the surviving members of the MacCadan clan.
In Blood Beast
- Mr. William "Misery" Mauch - Grubbs' school's former councillor. (Leaves after a nervous breakdown when Loch dies)-is never confirmed. Is killed and replaced by Juni Swan.
In Demon Apocalypse
- An old lady who wields a spiked club- An unnamed old woman who is a disciple. In Hell's Heroes, Grubs hunts down a snake- like demon which killed her. Grubs mentioned that he didn't ask for her name but he liked her.
In Death's Shadow
Kirili Kovaks- A cowardly disciple who Bec, Sharmila, Dervish and Beranabus found on a ship. In Dark Calling, he loses his cowardice and becomes a good fighter. Kirili is later killed by a powerful demon master.
In Wolf Island
Antoine Horwitzer- He temporarily took over the lambs and formed an alliance with Juni Swan and Lord Loss, He is later Killed By Grubs' werewolves.
Lord Loss: A pale red and lumpy demon. His skin is covered in numerous cuts and cracks which bleed when he moves. He has eight arms, and an open gap where his heart is supposed to go that is filled with little green snakes. Instead of legs he has scraps of flesh that hang while he hovers above the ground. He feeds off of humans sorrow and this makes him unique to other demons. He enjoys chess, but in the book 'Bec' he did not know how to play, because it was based in the past. He once possessed a piece of the Kah-Gash within him, but accidentally gave it to Bec . Later on, he fell in love with Nadia Moore/Juni Swan. It is thought he had a child with her, but she died in Dark Calling.
Lord Loss's familiars:
Spine: a scorpion-like demon:stabs stinger into a victim's eyes, then spits out eggs into the empty sockets, maggots hatch and devour the brain.
Artery: a child sized demon with an extremely large head, green skin, and hair that can be made up of lice, maggots or cockroaches (it changes). He has balls of fire for eyes and small mouths on the palms of his hands. Notably, in Demon Thief, Kernel managed to change and convince himself that Artery was actually his younger brother, though unique characteristics such as his biting and his eyes (when viewed through marbles) set him apart for other humans,
Vein: body of a large black Labrador, head of a crocodile, and her feet are female hands. Almost like the Egyptian god Ammit.
Femur: a rabbit- like demon, with a large bulge on its back, that spits acid
Malice: body of a large dog with many spikes every where and the head of a beetle, uses his long spikes to move quickly.
Gregor: Large cockroach demon.
Cadaver: a gangly, hairy demon, its hair lengthens and can penetrate through objects. Sought shelter with Lord Loss in Demon Thief to prevent capture from Beranabus in Demon Thief. In return, Lord Loss made Cadaver capture Art (Artery). He is seen again in the book Death's Shadow, where Lord Loss Spoke to Bec, Sharmila, Beranabus, Dervish and Kirili through him. Lord Loss then made Cadaver's head explode, activating the lodestone.
The Kallin: A race of strange, furry, legless, leech like demons. Kernel Fleck fought them whilst travelling to rescue his brother Art (Artery)from Cadaver.
The Sligstata: A race of horse like demons with yellow blood, Kernel Battles with these in the book Dark Calling.
Cretin: A race of strange, blue, angular demons who inhabit an equally angular world. Beranabus, Kernel and Grubs questioned one in the book Demon Apocalypse.
Beranabus' Father: We know nothing of this demon despite the fact he kidnapped and allegedly raped Beranabus' mother. Was killed by Beranabus.
Slawters Lodestone Guardian: This large, ant-like demon attempted to murder Grubbs Grady and Billy Spleen as they discovered the Slawter lodestone.
Beranabus: Elderly magician born in the labyrinth of the minotaur.
Balor: Apparent Fomorii said to have one eye.
Kate: Elder sister of sharon Grady and Mike, also known as no date kate. was looking after Grubbs as his parents battled Lord Loss. Surname needed
The Old Creatures are benevolent, god-like entities. They appear in Bec, Death's Shadow (though only in flashbacks), Dark Calling and Hell's Heroes. They are also mentioned briefly on two occasions in Demon Thief, the second installment of the series. The Old Creatures are as old as time itself, and possess enormous magical power. They are responsible for the development of sentience among the beings of this universe (including humans), but believe firmly in allowing all beings to choose their own path. Therefore, they interfere as little as possible once any species moves beyond a certain point. They were originally believed to be the creators of all life in the universe, but this theory has since been disproven. Indeed, the Old Creatures are unaware of how life developed in the human universe.
The Old Creatures appear as floating spheres of light. Since light is 'almost ageless', they therefore have an extremely long life span, although they are, in fact, mortal beings. Though individual Old Creatures speak normally, they appear to merge into a single mind and talk with one voice when in groups. When they speak in this manner, Bec describes the voice as warm and comforting, containing all the accents she has ever heard. She also claims that their words are "both loud and soft. Lyrical and flat". Every word which they speak is capitalised, regardless of its position in the sentence, or whether it is a proper noun.
Specific Old Creatures
- Art: an Old Creature who took the form of Kernel's "brother", Art and (Sometimes)[clarification needed] his demonic counterpart, Artery. He took Kernel to the crux, but is killed by a demon.
- Raz: an Old Creature who takes the form of Raz Warlo, he is killed by Death in Hell's Heroes.
Curly- One of the last three werewolves from Grubs' pack. She was possessed by Bec and later ambushed by demons.
Larry- One of the last three werewolves from Grubs' pack. He died later.
Moe- One of the last three werewolves from Grubs' pack. He died later.
Bec's Siblings- all of Bec's siblings became werewolves before she was born.
The Shadow is an entity who serves as the main antagonist. It is the main entity controlling the demons. It is described as resembling a massive octopus with many snake-like tentacles, patched together with black shadows. This 'octopus' has no face but can still 'see'. When humans touch the tentacles, it burns and cuts through their flesh. All of the Demonata bow down to it, even Lord Loss. Despite its immense power, it still needs the Demonata to back it up, showing that it may believe it can completely eradicate humanity with the help of the demons. It is stated that The Shadow is actually Death. It cannot live in a world without magic, so it resides in the Demonata's Universe. In one book the narrators and friends go in to the shadow via Kernel's windows and set free the souls it had captured, including Beranabus's, thus temporarily destroying its body. It is later revived and combined with Bec. Bec appears to have lost control of herself after the merge, but it is revealed that it was part of a plan she and Beranabus had come up with to outsmart Death.
This article "List of The Demonata characters" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:List of The Demonata characters. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.