List of fictional fraternities and sororities
These are fictional fraternities and sororities from media such as film, novels and role playing games. If the fictional organization name is derived from another organization, it is included.
22 Jump Street
- Zeta Theta Psi (ZΘΨ)
- Beta Kappa Epsilon, fraternity (ΒΚΕ)
The Adventures of Ford Fairlane
- I Eta Pi ("I ate a pie"), sorority (ΙΗΠ)
- Alpha Beta, sorority (ΑΒ)
American Pie Presents: Beta House
- Beta Delta Xi (Beta), fraternity (ΒΔΞ)
- Epsilon Sigma Kappa (Geek), fraternity (ΕΣΚ)
- Kappa Phi Nu, fraternity (ΚΦΝ)
- Lambda Pi Gamma (Little person), fraternity (ΛΠΓ)
- Sigma Omega Delta, sorority (ΣΩΔ)
Black Christmas (2006)
- Delta Alpha Kappa (ΔΑΚ)
Boo! A Madea Halloween
- Upsilon Theta, fraternity (ΥΘ) (also Boo 2)
- Lambda Lambda Phi (ΛΛΦ) fraternity
- Zeta Xi Phi (ΖΞΦ) sorority
- Omega Rho Eta (ΩΡΗ) fraternity
Can't Hardly Wait
- Delta Iota Kappa (ΔΙΚ)
- Beta Phi Tau (ΒΦΤ), fraternity
- Kappa Nu Psi (ΚΝΨ), sorority
Delta Pi Phi (ΔΠΦ), fraternity
Dead Man on Campus
- Kappa Omega Rho (ΚΩΡ)
- Delta Epsilon Beta Sigma (ΔΕΒΣ), sorority
- Pi Beta Omega (ΠΒΩ), sorority
- Phi Kappa Delta (ΦΚΔ)
- Zeta Theta Theta (ΖΘΘ), fraternity
- Sigma Phi Alpha (ΣΦΑ), sorority
Dude, Where's the Party?
- Rho Beta Rho (ΡΒΡ)
The Dukes of Hazzard
- Kappa Mu Alpha (ΚΜΑ), sorority
An Extremely Goofy Movie
- Gamma Mu Mu (ΓΜΜ), fraternity
- Iota Gamma Chi (ΙΓΧ)
- Gamma Nu Pi (ΓΝΠ), fraternity
- Rho Tau Sigma (ΡΤΣ), fraternity
- Theta Pi Gamma (ΘΠΓ), fraternity
Friends 'Til the End
- Fox Theta Delta (ΦΘΔ)
- Kappa Pi (ΚΠ)
- Lambda Delta (ΛΔ)
- Rho Alpha Delta Iota (ΡΑΔΙ) (padi-men)
Girltrash: All Night Long
- Sigma Omega Kappa (ΣΩΚ), sorority
- Kappa Alpha Tau (ΚΑΤ)
- Omega Theta Rho, fraternity (ΩΘΡ) Season 1, Episode 18
Grown Ups 2
- Kappa Eta Sigma (ΚΗΣ)
Happy Death Day
- Chi Sigma Kappa (ΧΣK), fraternity
- Kappa Pi Lambda (KΠΛ), sorority
Haunting on Fraternity Row
- Sigma Tau (ΣΤ), fraternity
The Haunting of Sorority Row
- Delta Phi Theta (ΔΦΘ), sorority
- Sigma Phi Kappa (ΣΦΚ), fraternity
- Alpha Sigma Rho (ΑΣΡ)
- Beta Tau Beta (ΒΤΒ)
- Theta Kappa (ΘΚ)
- Zeta Epsilon Alpha (ΖΕΑ)
- H.O.T.S., sorority, never described as Eta Omicron Tau Sigma, but acronym standing for the names of four members. Also explained as Help Out The Seals, and their mascot was a seal.
- P.I.E., sorority, not given a Greek name, but presumably Rho Iota Epsilon
House of the Dead 2
- Zeta Iota Tau (ΖΙΤ), sorority
The House Bunny
- Kappa Eta Sigma (ΚΗΣ), the fraternity singing karaoke
- Phi Iota Mu (ΦΙΜ), sorority that torments the ladies of Zeta Alpha Zeta
- Zeta Alpha Zeta (ΖΑΖ), the sorority that Shelly fixes up
The Initiation of Sarah
- Alpha Nu Sigma (ΑΝΣ), sorority (1978 version)
- Alpha Nu Gamma (ΑΝΓ), sorority (2006 version)
- Pi Epsilon Delta (ΠΕΔ), sorority
- Nu Mu Pi (ΝΜΠ), sorority
- Delta Nu (ΔΝ), sorority; an actual sorority at Dickinson College
- Lambda Kappa Pi (ΛΚΠ), fraternity
- Sigma Epsilon (ΣΕ), fraternity of which Elle was Sweetheart
Life of the Party
- Theta Mu Gamma (ΘΜΓ), sorority
- Delta Tau Omicron (ΔΤΟ), fraternity
Various fraternities and sororities with some "Greek" characters unique to Monstropolis and the Monster world:
- Gamma Roar Roar (ΓRR)
- Jaws Theta Chi (ϑΘX)
- Oozma Kappa (ΟK)
- Roar Omega Roar (RΩR)
- Slugma Oozma Python (ΣΟP)
- Omega Howl (ΩH)
- Argma Slugma Argma (AΣA)
- Chi Phi Argma (XΦA)
- Eta Hiss Hiss (ΗSS)
- Python Nu Kappa (PΝΚ)
- Slugma Kappa Theta (ΣΚΘ)
- Slugma Slugma Kappa (ΣΣΚ)
National Lampoon's Animal House
- Delta Tau Chi, fraternity (ΔΤΧ) (the "Animal House"; based on Alpha Delta Phi at Dartmouth College)(ΑΔΦ)
- Omega Theta Pi, fraternity (ΩΘΠ) (based on Sigma Alpha Epsilon (ΣΑΕ) at Dartmouth College)
- Gamma Kappa Epsilon (ΓΚΕ) (GEKES) (parade float - Playboy) (based on Yale's Delta Kappa Epsilon, or ΔΚΕ)
- Sigma Sigma (ΣΣ) (parade float - Mongols)
- Omega–Pi Pi Pi (ΩΠΠΠ) (parade float - Camelot)
- Zeta Tau Beta (ΖΤΒ) (parade float - clasped white and black hands)
National Lampoon's Pledge This!
- Gamma Gamma, sorority of South Beach University (ΓΓ)
National Lampoon's Van Wilder
- Sigma Theta Upsilon (ΣΘΥ)
- Lambda Omega Omega (ΛΩΩ) (The Nerdy Fraternity)
- Delta Iota Kappa (ΔΙΚ)
- Delta Psi Beta, fraternity (ΔΨΒ)
Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising
- Kappa Nu, sorority (ΚΝ)
- Phi Lambda, sorority (ΦΛ)
- Lambda Epsilon Omega (ΛΕΩ)
- The Order of Balls and Shaft, fraternity
- Psi Kappa Mu (Predecessor to The Pit) (ΨΚΜ)
Pretty Little Devils
- Omega Kappa, sorority (ΩK)
Pride of the Yankees
- Sigma Alpha Psi (ΣΑΨ)
- Phi Beta Cannabis (ΦΒΧ)
Revenge of the Nerds
Fraternities and sororities:
- Lambda Lambda Lambda (ΛΛΛ) paired with Omega Mu (ΩΜ)
- Rho Rho Rho (ΡΡΡ) paired with Iota Sigma Psi (ΙΣΨ)
- Alpha Beta (ΑΒ) paired with Pi Delta Pi (ΠΔΠ)
- Nu Tau Nu (ΝΤΝ) paired with Omega Psi (ΩΨ)
- Alpha Nu (ΑΝ) paired with Chi Sigma Rho (ΧΣΡ)
- Beta Delta Gamma (ΒΔΓ) paired with Eta Beta (ΗΒ)
- Kappa Lambda (ΚΛ)
- Kappa Alpham, sorority (ΚΑΜ)
- Xi Chi (ΞΧ)
- Tau Sigma Kappa (ΤΣΚ)
- Gamma Phi Gamma-(Local fraternity founded in 1907 on the campus of Wilmington College, Wilmington, OH better known as the "Gobblers")
It could be mimicking an African-American social fellowship fraternity known as Groove Phi Groove (G Φ G) founded at Morgan State College in 1962. It has several chapters located on small college campuses throughout the South and on a handful of Historical Black Colleges and Universities campuses. http://www.groove-phi-groove.org/index/history
- Phi Lambda Alpha (ΦΛΑ)
- Delta Lambda Zeta (ΔΛΖ)
- Omega Kappa Beta (ΩΚΒ)
- Omega Beta Zeta (ΩΒΖ)
- Kappa Kappa Zeta (ΚΚΖ), sorority
- Omega Alpha Pi (ΩΑΠ), fraternity
- Alpha Lambda Alpha (ΑΛΑ), sorority
- Kappa Omicron Kappa (ΚΟΚ), fraternity
- Pi Pi Pi (ΠΠΠ) or Triple-Pis, sorority
- Delta Omicron Gamma (ΔΟΓ), sorority
- Beta Sigma Eta (ΒΣΗ), sorority
- Theta Pi (ΘΠ), sorority
- Chi Delta Gamma (ΧΔΓ), sorority
- Kappa Omicron Psi (ΚΟΨ), fraternity
- Rho Sigma Nu (ΡΣΝ), fraternity
- Delta Beta Theta, sorority (ΔΒΘ)
- Kappa Theta Xi, sorority (ΚΘΞ)
- Beta Upsilon Eta, fraternity (ΒΥΗ)
- Gamma Rho Alpha, sorority (ΓΡΑ)
- Zeta Eta Pi, sorority (ΖΗΠ)
- Lambda Mu Pi, sorority (ΛΜΠ)
- Gamma Hubba Hubba, Wayne's characterization of a sorority that Eleanor was supposedly a member of
- Sigma Beta Beta (ΣΒΒ), sorority
- Rho Beta Mu (ΡΒΜ), fraternity
Stomp the Yard
- Mu Gamma Xi, fraternity
- Theta Nu Theta, fraternity
- Kappa Phi Nu (ΚΦΝ), sorority
- Beta Omega Rho (ΒΩΡ), fraternity
- Vortex (technically not a fraternity, started off as overflow student housing)
- Gamma Phi (ΓΦ), sorority
- Pi Beta Omega (ΠΒΩ), sorority
Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny
- Sigma Zeta Delta (ΣΖΔ)
- Pi Pi Pi (Tri-Pi), sorority
- Delta Iota Kappa, presumably in place of Delta Kappa Epsilon of which George W. Bush and George H. W. Bush are members.
- Lambda Phi Gamma (ΛΦΓ), fraternity
Wild Wild Winter
- Zeta Theta Mu (ΖΘΜ), sorority
- Epsilon Theta Xi, fraternity (EΘΞ) (episode North of the Border)
The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
- Pi Rho Omega, fraternity (ΠΡΩ) (episode Jimmy goes to College)
- Beta Gamma Zeta, fraternity (ΒΓΖ)
'Located' at AriKona State University (ASU) Klaus is a former brother from a study abroad program to the US. Colloquially referred to as "Beta Jizz" (episode The Life and Times of Stan Smith)
- Psi Omega Kappa, fraternity (ΨΩΚ)
'Located' at Arizona State University (ASU) (episode The Life and Times of Stan Smith)
- Theta Sigma, sorority (ΘΣ)
'Located' at Rutgers University, New Brunswick (RU) (episode Spring Breakup)
American Horror Story: Coven
- Kappa Lambda Gamma, fraternity (ΚΛΓ) (episode Coven: Bitchcraft)
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
- (apparently 3 symbols unrelated to any earth languages), alien fraternity (Episode Frat Aliens)
Beverly Hills, 90210
- Alpha Omega sorority (ΑΩ) - sorority that Donna and Kelly join
- Kappa Epsilon Gamma Fraternity (KEG) (ΚΕΓ) - fraternity that Steve and John Sears join
Blue Mountain State
- Sigma Lambda (ΣΛ) (The Goathouse)
- Delta Pi Omega (ΔΠΩ) (Fraternity of Seth the robot at 'Robot College' [Gene's imagination]. Season 2, Episode 2, "Bob Day Afternoon")
- Beta Delta Sigma, fraternity at fictional Middlesex College near Washington D.C. (ΒΔΣ) (season 4 episode 24 - The Beaver in the Otter)
Boy Meets World
- Magnum Pi
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Delta Zeta Kappa, fraternity (ΔΖΚ) (episode "Reptile Boy")
- Gamma Kappa Tau, fraternity (ΓΚΤ) (episode "Selfless")
- Alpha Tau, fraternity, (ΑΤ) (Fear, Itself)
- Kappa Kappa Theta, fraternity (KKΘ) (Lennox University, New York, season 2 episode 3 'A Business of Favors')
- Gamma Delta Phi, fraternity (ΓΔΦ) (Stanford University, episode 'Chuck Versus the Alma Mater')
- Alpha Sigma Sigma, from the episode 'Dean In Charge' (ΑΣΣ)
The Colbert Report
- Tau Gamma Rho (ΤΓΡ)
- Gamma Rho, fraternity (ΓΡ)
- Omega Theta Rho, fraternity (ΩΘΡ)
- Kappa Eta Sigma, sorority (ΚΗΣ)
- Zeta Phi Tau, fraternity (ΖΦΤ)
- Delta Cubes, fraternity
- Omega Beta Theta, fraternity (ΩΒΘ) (episode "Something Big", Season 3 Episode 6)
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
- Phi Alpha, fraternity (ΦΑ) (episode "Pledging Mr. Johnson", Season 1 Episode 4) The same episode reveals character Nick Stokes joined a fraternity at Texas A&M (actor George Eads is a Phi Delta Theta).
- Phi Gamma Alpha (ΦΓΑ), sorority; episode: "Last Straw"
- Sigma Delta Theta (ΣΔΘ), sorority; episode: "Hung Out to Dry"
- Sigma Epsilon (ΣΕ), fraternity
- Zeta Gamma Beta (ΖΓΒ), fraternity where Karen Page sells drugs; episode (S3E10) "Karen"
Days of Our Lives
- Alpha Chi Theta (ΑΧΘ), at the University of Salem. President: Morgan Hollingsworth. The sorority house was the site of Ford Decker's death.
A Different World
- Alpha Delta Rho (ΑΔΡ), sorority
- Kappa Lambda Nu (ΚΛΝ), fraternity
- Kappa Gopher Shane, fraternity started by characters Gopher and Shane in response to not rushing.
- Kappa Tau (ΚΤ), sorority at unnamed university in Los Angeles; Season 2, episode 9: "The Big Amateur"
- Phi Alpha Gimmel, fictional fraternity started by Captain Hero; composed of the Greek symbols Phi and Alpha and the Hebrew symbol Gimel; presumably pronounced "phag" (episode: "Freaks & Greeks"). The fake fraternity's symbol (or crest) is that of Tau Kappa Epsilon's Shield of Norman Form or the TKE coat of arms. This can be seen when Captain Hero shows the pictures of the past members of the fraternity.
- Shin Lamedh Mem, the fictional Yiddish fraternity down the street from Phi Alpha Gimmel
Drop Dead Diva
- Beta Delta Chi (ΒΔΧ), sorority, shown in the episode "You Bet Your Life"
- Delta Omega Delta (ΔΩΔ), fraternity, shown in the episode "Wasted Talent", for a cutaway gag
- Sigma Chi Psi, fraternity (ΣΧΨ), shown in the episode "You Can't Do That on Television, Peter", for a cutaway gag
- Beta Chi, (ΒΧ) a fraternity that Eddie is interested in and is wanted in, but turns down the offer to join to stay friends with Urkel. (Episode "Beta Chi Guy")
- Alpha Beta Omega, fraternity of Preston Tanner, Season 2, episode "Betrayal"
- Delta Rho Gamma (ΔΡΓ),sorority, shown in the pilot episode as character Jordy Raines talks his way into the house, and in the second episode as the scene of Raines' murders
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
- Delta Kappa Tau (ΔΚΤ), nerd fraternity at rush week (episode "Blood is Thicker Than Mud")
- Kappa Omega Psi (ΚΩΨ), sorority at SCU, a rival school of ULA, where Carlton is held captive as ULA's mascot (episode "I Know Why the Caged Bird Screams")
- Kappa Phi Gamma (ΚΦΓ), sorority that girlfriend Lisa pledges (episode "Will's Misery");
- Lambda Kappa Nu (ΛΚΝ), snooty fraternity that Carlton is interested in. "We're Lambda Kappa Nu, our blood is very blue, our money's old, our cards are gold, and who the heck are you?" (episode "Blood is Thicker Than Mud")
- Phi Beta Gamma (ΦΒΓ), African American fraternity (episode "Blood is Thicker Than Mud"); not related to Phi Beta Gamma located near the University of New Hampshire
- Pi Nu (ΠΝ), fraternity mentioned by Uncle Phil, as he is remembering his days at Princeton University; Will to respond with "So that makes you what, a, Pi man?" (episode "To Thine Own Self Be Blue... and Gold")
- Kappa Kappa Delta (ΚΚΔ), Rachel Green's sorority, known as the "Kappas" (episode "The One Where Joey Loses His Insurance")
- Thigh Mega Tampon, mentioned by Phoebe Buffay when she cannot think up of a fake sorority name (episode "The One with Rachel's Big Kiss")
- Theta Beta Pi (ΘΒΠ), at Syracuse
- Chi Sigma Sigma, (ΧΣΣ) Danny and Joey's college fraternity
- Lambda Tau Delta, (ΛΤΔ) Chi Sigma Sigma's rival sorority
- Epsilon Rho Rho ("Err"), (ΕΡΡ) Robot fraternity (also known as "Robot House")
- Snooty House (SNΘΘΤΥ), rich, snooty fraternity
- Kappa Kappa Wong, named after the wealthy patron family
- Pi Pi Gamma (ΠΠΓ), Fraternity, (S1, E1, Pilot)
- Delta Phi Tau (ΔΦΤ), Unknown, (S1, E2, Herpe: Fully Loaded)
- Omega Sigma, Fraternity (ΩΣ)
- Kappa Theta, Sorority (ΚΘ)
The Good Wife
- Tau Kappa Theta (ΤΚΘ), Fraternity (S3, E1, A New Day)
- Omega Delta Omega (ΩΔΩ), Fraternity (S4, E4, Don’t Haze Me, Bro)
- Phi Gamma Pi (ΦΓΠ), Fraternity (S4, E4, Don’t Haze Me, Bro)
- Kappa Mu
- Zeta Beta Zeta, Sorority (ΖΒΖ)
- Kappa Tau Gamma, Fraternity (ΚΤΓ)
- Pi Pi Pi, Sorority (ΠΠΠ)
- Psi Phi Pi, Fraternity (ΨΦΠ)
- Lambda Sigma Omega, Fraternity (ΛΣΩ)
- Pi Sigma Theta (ΠΣΘ)
- Theta Pi Gamma (ΘΠΓ)
- Mu Gamma Sigma (ΜΓΣ)
- Iota Kappa Iota, Sorority (ΙΚΙ)
- Omega Chi Delta, Fraternity (ΩΧΔ)
- Gamma Psi Alpha, Sorority (ΓΨΑ)
- Beta Phi Tau, (ΒΦΤ) fraternity at fictional Oahu State University in Season 3 episode 12 "Kapu"
- Lambda Lambda Phi, (ΛΛΦ) sorority at fictional Oahu State University in Season 3 episode 12 "Kapu"
How I Met Your Mother
- Kappa Kappa Nu (ΚΚΝ) (episode "The Playbook")
- Kappa Epsilon Gamma (KEG), sorority, (ΚΕΓ) Season 3, ep 3 "The Third Wheel"
- Sigma Gamma Theta (ΣΓΘ) (episode "Showdown")
How to Get Away with Murder
- Kappa Kappa Theta (sorority). Season 1
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
- Delta Omega Lambda Fraternity (Episode "The Gang Reignites The Rivalry") Dennis was a member
- Zeta Beta Theta (ZΒΘ) Fraternity (Season 2, Episode 17, "Reflections of the Way Liv Used to Be") Brody Johnson was a member.
King of the Hill
- Omega House, cult disguised as a sorority (episode "Fun with Jane and Jane")
- Zeta Sigma Tau, sorority (episode "Fun with Jane and Jane")
Law & Order
- Alpha Phi Beta Fraternity at Hudson University (Episode Denial - season 8 episode 2 1997)
- Kappa Delta Alpha Sorority (Episode Pledge)
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
- Beta Lambda Fraternity (ΒΛ) (Episode "Consent")
- Kappa Delta Alpha Fraternity (ΚΔΑ) (Episode '"Fight")
- Nu Iota Pi Sorority (ΝΙΠ) (Episode "Girl Dishonored")
- Phi Delta Fraternity (ΦΔ) (Episode "Spectacle")
- Omega Beta Zeta (ΩΒΖ) (Episode "Svengali")
- Tau Omega Fraternity (ΤΩ) (Episodes "Brotherhood", "Girl Dishonored")
- Omega Theta (ΩΘ), Fraternity, (S2, E4, And the Cost of Educations)
- Kappa Theta Xi Sorority (ΚΘΞ) (Episode Oh Kappa, My Kappa)
The Lying Game
- Phi Sigma Zeta, fraternity (Episode: "No Country for Young Love")
- Kappa Kappa Kappa, a sorority that has the same initials as the KKK; see also Tri-Kap at Dartmouth College
- Zeta Iota Tau Sorority
- Psi Psi Psi (ΨΨΨ), sorority (Episode: "The Sewer Thing")
- Tau Phi Epsilon - B. J. Hunnicutt's fraternity; it had previously rejected Major Frank Burns (Season 4 Episode 1 - 12 Sep 1979 Welcome to Korea)
- Alpha Epsilon Mu sorority at fictional Brighton University. The sisters kidnapped Mr. Ed and kept him in their basement to be their mascot Season 1 episode 6 (Feb 9, 1961) "Sorority House"
- Phi Beta Tau, the fraternity of billionaire software magnate Sidney Teal, who is killed before the opening credits in "Mr. Monk and the Billionaire Mugger" (season 1 episode 7), broadcast Aug 16, 2002
My Name Is Earl
- Phi Alpha -Fraternity brother hands out flyer for an "All Day Party" (Episode The Professor)
- Phi Alpha is the motto of the real fraternity Sigma Alpha Epsilon, of which the creator and producer of My Name is Earl, Gregory Thomas Garcia is an alumnus.
The Mysteries of Laura
- Siosa U
- Omega Delta Kappa (ΩΔΚ) (Episode: "The Mystery of the Intoxicated Intern")
- Alpha Chi Delta, (ΑΧΔ) Tony DiNozzo's fraternity at Ohio State.
NCIS: New Orleans
- Theta Sigma, (ΘΣ) sorority at fictitious New Orleans Polytechnic University. Scene of the murder of a Navy SEAL in season 1 episode 4 - "The Recruits."
Pretty Little Liars
- Nu Sigma Theta
- Pi Sigma Theta - Cover for Me Episode
- Gamma Zeta Chi - Gamma Zeta Die!
- Beta Kappa Theta sorority (Episode Scary Sherry 2: Bianca's Toast)
- Delta Tau Gamma (ΔΤΓ) fraternity (Season 2, Episode 1 This Is Not a Test)
- Chi Kappa Delta, fraternity (Season 5 Episode 16 - 1993 Return of the Evil Leaper)
- Tau Kappa Beta, fraternity (Episode Animal Frat)
- Nu Theta Phi sorority (Sydney Fox used to belong to this sorority).
Rizzoli & Isles
- Psi Beta Tau, a sorority at fictional Boston Cambridge University (BCU) (Season 4 Episode 2 "In Over Your Head" 2 Jul 2013).
- Kappa Omega Kappa which is used as a genital euphemism.
- Gamma Gamma Psi, a fraternity at the fictional UNU, where Rosewood is a member of their Alpha chapter, where he was also formerly president.
- Epsilon Theta Xi, a fraternity that is the rival of Gamma Gamma Psi.
Sabrina the Teenage Witch
- Mu Pi, sorority (Episode House of Pi)
Saturday Night Live
- Sigma Lambda Omega, (ΣΛΩ) fraternity that cannot read (SLO) (Sketch "Fraternity")
- Delta Delta Delta
Saved by the Bell
- Alpha Mu (ΑΜ)
- Beta Delta (ΒΔ)
- Kappa Theta (ΚΘ)
- Pi Psi (ΠΨ)
- Sigma Alpha Fraternity (ΣΑ)
Rho Sigma (ΡΣ) (Rigma)
- Chi Tau Omega (episode "Pilot")
- Iota Zeta Phi (episode "Chainsaw)
- Kappa Kappa Tau (Originally Kappa Nu Tau)
- Kappa Lambda Gamma (episode "Chainsaw")
- Rho Epsilon Chi
- Psi Theta Gamma (episode "Haunted House")
- Omicron Omicron Omicron (1988 African American Sorority) (episode "Haunted House")
- The Dickie Dollar Scholars (Doesn't adhere to the Greek System)
- Upsilon Beta Tau (episode "Chainsaw")
- Omega Beta Gamma - The sorority Eliott was in during her undergraduate studies. Possibly a play on the OB-GYN doctors trying a recruit Elliot, which J.D. refers to as a sorority.
- Theta Omega - The fraternity Turk was in during his undergraduate studies. In the episode My Chopped Liver, J.D. and Turk visit the Theta Omega fraternity house with their faces painted as the other friend's skin colour. Upon ringing the doorbell, Turk notices another friend and leaves, leaving J.D. and his blackface alone and beaten up as a result of the unintentionally racist stunt.
- Pi Beta Omega, sorority (ΠΒΩ)
- Delta Lambda Delta, sorority (ΔΛΔ) (S6:E1, "I Only Miss Her When I'm Breathing")
- Gamma Delta Rho, sorority (ΓΔΡ) (S6:E7 Pimp's Paradise)
- Phi Beta Omega (ΦΒΩ) (S6:E9 A Yurt of One's Own)
- Sigma Omega Delta, fraternity (ΣΩΔ) (S7:3, Home Sweet Homeless Shelter)
- Alpha Tau, Waylon Smithers' fraternity (Episode "I Married Marge")
- Kappa Gamma Tau, "last in grades, first in pranks" (Episode "Faith Off")
- Sigma Chi Sigma, fraternity that rented Ned Flanders' house.
- Tri-Psi Sorority, an all-girl vampire sorority (Episode "Thirst")
- Alpha Alpha Alpha, all-girl sorority at Metropolis University that helps the football team recruit (Episode "Recruit")
- Epsilon Zeta Psi fraternity (Episode He Is Risen)
- Delta Kappa Xi (ΔΚΞ) fraternity (Season Six, Part II, Episode 5 Walk Like a Man)
- Beta Pi Delta Sorority, a hot sorority on the CULA campus
- Gamma Chi Alpha Sorority, Beta Pi's rival sorority
- Theta Phi Omega Fraternity, Party fraternity in CULA
- PC Fraternity (Rho Omega Delta, or PC Delta), which appears to use the Greek letter Rho, a sideways Omega and Delta trigrammaton. A group of hyper politically correct college students and graduates in the episode "Stunning and Brave".
- Sigma Kappa Phi, an all-male fraternity to whose poker games Natalie was always invited during her college days (Episode Shoe Money Tonight)
Sweet Valley High and Sweet Valley University
- Pi Beta Alpha, an all girl sorority at Sweet Valley High. Jessica Wakefield is president. Based on Pi Beta Phi, colors, national reputation, and "inside" secrets.
- Theta Alpha Theta, Sweet Valley University's sorority. Jessica is a member.
- Sigma Alpha, Sweet Valley University fraternity
- Pi Beta Phi, Sweet Valley University sorority (sharing a name with a real organization).
- Zetas, Sweet Valley University fraternity. Known as the jock fraternity.
Switched at Birth
- Omega Psi, fraternity
- Delta Omega Alpha (or DOA), an all girl sorority. At the end of the episode, it is revealed that they are an "all-ghoul" sorority who eat cruel fraternity leaders. (Episode House of Horror) Also probably a play on the Dead On Arrival acronym used by police.
- DEBS (ΔΕΒΣ), sorority
- Gamma Alpha Gamma, sorority
- Sigma Alpha Sigma (ΣAΣ), sorority (all in Episode: "Evil Sorority")
Tyler Perry's House of Payne
- Omega Alpha Kappa, fraternity, steppers at Calvin/Pookie/Peanut's house party
- Theta Delta Zeta (ΘΔΖ), fraternity
- Alpha Sigma, fraternity
- Alpha Alpha, fraternity
- Upsilon Sigma Phi Fraternity, gay fraternity
- Zeta Theta Beta, the sorority at Hearst College that Veronica pretends to rush to get inside information for the school newspaper. (Episode My Big Fat Greek Rush Week)
- Pi Sigma Sigma, the fraternity at Hearst College that was accused of a series of rapes, but later cleared by Veronica. (Episode Spit & Eggs)
- Psi Phi Zeta (ΨΦΖ), fraternity (episode "Savage Seduction"). Reference is also made to a rival "ATF."
Wizards of Waverly Place
- Zeta Theta Beta (Episode Movies, Season 1)
- Kappa Zeta Nu (Episode "Brociopath", Season 4) Fraternity colonized and was established in 2012. Chapter house is located in St. Mary's, Maryland.
- Phi Sigma Gamma, the sorority Christine joined after going back to school. (Episode Sorority Girl)
- Phi Chi Kappa, sorority
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
University of Mary Washington
- Alpha Mu Sigma
- Zeta Omega Delta
Texas Lutheran University
- Delta Delta Kappa Nu
GURPS Illuminati University
- Alpha Omega Pi, combined fraternity/sorority of reclusive mad scientist types in Steve Jackson Games' GURPS Illuminati University setting
- Beta Chi Nu, "Bitchen Bitches" sorority devoted to "victims" of monsters, etc. in Steve Jackson Games' GURPS Illuminati University setting
- Delta Upsilon Delta, "DUDes", Phys. Ed. and team member fraternity in Steve Jackson Games' GURPS Illuminati University setting
- Sigma Epsilon Chi, hedonistic sorority in Steve Jackson Games' GURPS Illuminati University setting
Over the Edge
- Alpha Rho Tau (ΑΡΤ), "ART," the intellectual and artistic sorority
- Delta Epsilon Theta (ΔΕΘ), "DETh," the intellectual and artistic fraternity
- Sigma Omicron Beta (ΣΟΒ), "SOB," the jock fraternity
- Sigma Epsilon Chi (ΣΕΧ), "SEX," the diva sorority
- Phi Delta Slam (ΦΔS), professional wrestling tag team who worked for TNA between 2005 and 2010.
- Phi De Kappa U, former gimmick used by the Shane Twins on the independent circuit around 1998.
Alternative fictional groups
- Gamma Delta Iota (ΓΔΙ), GDI or "God damn independent," a term used to collectively describe non-Greeks. In recent years, college students have adopted the name more frequently, spawning T-shirts and numerous Facebook groups.
- Phi Alpha Gamma (ΦΑΓ), or fag; an anti-gay slur used by some and a sign of pride when worn by others
- Fraternities and sororities
- "Monsters University". monstersuniversity.com. Retrieved 4 July 2018.
- "National Lampoon's Animal House". NPR. July 29, 2002.
- "The Greeks Shall Inherit the Earth" Archived 2006-10-20 at the Wayback Machine. The Dartmouth Review. September 22, 2005.
- Revenge of the Nerds, Organizations as paired and ordered at the end of event one (Tricycle Race) Time:1:01:40
- ""Dawson's Creek" Capeside Revisited (TV Episode 2001)". IMDb. Retrieved 4 July 2018.
- Scary Sherry 2: Bianca's Toast. IMdB.
- Sabrina the Teenage Witch, episode "House of Pi". TV.com
- "SNL: Fraternity". Hulu.com.
- "MIT Museum Extends Hack Display Due to Doubled Weekend Attendance" by Jennifer Chung, The Tech, January 20, 1999.
- "The Official Unisex Sigma Delta/Lambda Sigma Delta Purity Test". MIT.edu.
- "Pi Tau Zeta". MIT.edu.
- "God Damn Independent" T-shirt. SqueezeMyTees.com.
This article "List of fictional fraternities and sororities" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:List of fictional fraternities and sororities. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.